Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The more I hear him in interviews the more I love him.

Cantonaesque.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
"I am like wine. I improve with age" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

What a legend :drool:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Wasn't that long ago English fans were rubbishing the player because he hadn't done it in the Premiership - he is absolutely a legend, he is Zlatan!

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Should have signed him five years ago really.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'd be all over this. Even if just for a year, surely he'd be up for it just to say he'd done it?

Siorac

What's with the Caf's obsession with signing Ibrahimovic?

He'll turn 35 next year and he's not exactly the consummate professional who's going to accept sitting on the bench and being a plan B.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

He'll turn 35 next year and he's not exactly the consummate professional who's going to accept sitting on the bench and being a plan B.
Agreed, would be a very short term fix! Though Zlatan might just be an automatic starter - especially if someone like Rooney (in his current form) is able to start for us. Mind, I haven't seen Zlatan this season - so not sure how his form has been, so my first sentence is based purely on his form over the past 4-5 years or so.

Shift Martial wide in a front 3?

---Neymar--------Zlatan--------Martial? With Depay as another option, of course ;)

:drool:
*wake up Ish!, you're at work FFS :lol:*

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

This. It's a looney idea.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
AC Milan will give him what he wants. We need movement and pace and not a player whose searching for his last pay cheque

kotha

While it would be great to watch him play in a United jersey,I doubt Van Gaal is ever going to sign him.. Doesn't he have a bad relationship with him?

devilish

I flirted with the idea of getting Ibra last summer. He would have given Martial time to bed in and would allow us to loan Wilson. However its a bad idea to sign him next summer

a- Next season it will be LVG's final season with us which would mean a new wave of change coming in. We're better off building a solid young side for the new manager especially if that guy happens to be someone with just 4 games under his managerial belt.

b- Ibra will demand a first team role and Rooney is the captain. Considering Martial's impact, it would be really stupid to relegate him as second fiddle.

c- Moving in the EPL at that age is asking for trouble

d- I was never a big fan of players coming here to get their last pay cheque

e- AC Milan will do anything to get Ibra back.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Very generous of him to play for free.
35 year old Zlatan isn't going to be demanding a ridiculous wage because quite simply, nobody is going to be offering him it.

He'll choose his last club on factors other than money.

devilish

35 year old Zlatan isn't going to be demanding a ridiculous wage because quite simply, nobody is going to be offering him it.

AC Milan will. They need to appease their fans after a decade of underinvestment. The return of their king will do that without the need of overspending in fees

It would be like calling Scholes out of retirement. The sentimental fans were thrilled, we got a quality player after all and most important there was no need to spend money to sort the CM out

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Disagree entirely, he'll be asking for a huge chunk.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wasn't that long ago English fans were rubbishing the player because he hadn't done it in the Premiership - he is absolutely a legend, he is Zlatan!
To be honest if he never comes to Premiership and score at least 5 goals, he will have never proven himself really. Scoring goals in terrible Ligue 1, awful Serie A or abysmal La Liga will not count for much if he cannot prove that he can do it at the pinnacle of football.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Never liked him, talks more than he plays.

He's a beast of a player though, but he won't be worth the wages he'll demand at his age.

Would be better to get someone like griezmann.

Deleted member 78215

To be honest if he never comes to Premiership and score at least 5 goals, he will have never proven himself really. Scoring goals in terrible Ligue 1, awful Serie A or abysmal La Liga will not count for much if he cannot prove that he can do it at the pinnacle of football.
Are you serious right now? Abysmal La Liga - I forgot they had pretty much all the best players in the world. So ignorant!
hehe

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At 35, I don't think he'll be physically up for the BPL.
Hmm. I think he'll be fine for another season or two. Besides, irrespective of his size, he's one of the most technically gifted forwards out there, it's not like van Persie who had been eroded away by injuries throughout his early career which had now crept up on him. I do take your point though, I'd much rather see us buy a younger player who can cover various positions - Perez, Mane, or if we're feeling ambitious, someone like Griezmann.

Siorac

Qatar, MLS etc. He can get plenty of money if he wants to.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Hmm. I think he'll be fine for another season or two. Besides, irrespective of his size, he's one of the most technically gifted forwards out there, it's not like van Persie who had been eroded away by injuries throughout his early career which had now crept up on him. I do take your point though, I'd much rather see us buy a younger player who can cover various positions - Perez, Mane, or if we're feeling ambitious, someone like Griezmann.
I agree, he is quality, one of my all time favourites actually. He's had an amazing career so far, I loved him at Inter, and I thought Barca were crazy to let him go. I would have loved us to have him then, but he was quite the ego, and I don't think he would have got along with SAF.

I wouldn't mind if we got him on a 1 year contract, but I don't think he'd agree to that; he'll probably be looking for a longer contract to get that final paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.