Zlatan tells Lukaku "‘Go do your voodoo s***, you little donkey"

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't their paths cross at United? What was their relationship like then?

Seems a bit odd to watch two recent ex teammates be that way with each other, but then again Zlatan is involved so maybe not so odd after all.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sounds slightly like "go to your wooden shed"

I could understand how people he are "go do your voodoo shit" because each word sounds similar particularly when the audio isn't clear and he's speaking with a Zlatan accent

UmbroDays

I presume it has to do with islam and making salat?

He is African by heritage but don’t follow him anymore to know if he’s said/done anything recently to show he practises voodoo.

If that’s what he said, then it’s more of a religion thing I think.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

He is African by heritage but don’t follow him anymore to know if he’s said/done anything recently to show he practises voodoo.

Lukakku is catholic. Ibra is the one who has islamic (and christian) heritage.

Yeah he clearly says go to your wooden shed, who is gearing voodoo?

Jericho

So weird to be able to hear him say it so clearly. I'm used to having to lip read these things.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

The Everton owner claimed that Lukaku left the club due to a voodoo message. Lukaku rightfully wasn't impressed and I think he was condiering legal action, though I don't know if he ever went through with that.

Edit: @sullydnl beat me to it.

The Mitcher

So weird to be able to hear him say it so clearly. I'm used to having to lip read these things.
The video up there all but confirms he said wooden shed. The whole voodoo thing does not make sense. You don't go from that to donkey.

Jericho

Sounds slightly like "go to your wooden shed"

I could understand how people he are "go do your voodoo shit" because each word sounds similar particularly when the audio isn't clear and he's speaking with a Zlatan accent
Actually makes sense since he's calling him a donkey afterwards.

patty123

AC icon Ibrahimovic, 39, was seen and heard shouting: "Go do your voodoo s***, go do your voodoo s***, little donkey."

Lukaku responded with “I’ll f*** you and your wife”.

The ex-Everton and Chelsea ace then charged at the Swede and blasted “Let’s go inside you b****” before both players were booked.

Handbags at dawn type shite.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The video up there all but confirms he said wooden shed. The whole voodoo thing does not make sense. You don't go from that to donkey.
What would wooden shed even mean in this context? I dont see how that makes more sense than the voodoo thing.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Actually makes sense since he's calling him a donkey afterwards.
I could be wrong but I'll wait until tomorrow because it doesn't appear like much has been said by Lukaku regarding the matter.

I feel that if it were racist, Lukaku would have come out and said so. Maybe he wants to reflect on it and just enjoy the victory.

To me it sounds like he makes a wah sound as in wooden sounds rather than a vuh sound as voodoo.

Here's a Swede pronouncing voodoo which is with a vuh sound

https://forvo.com/word/voodoo/

This is just my amateur research though

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Hey could be referencing this...

Voodoo message told Romelu Lukaku to leave Everton for Chelsea, says Moshiri

Jericho

What would wooden shed even mean in this context? I dont see how that makes more sense than voodoo shit, which is claim/story Lukaku has had to deal with in the past.
AC icon Ibrahimovic, 39, was seen and heard shouting: "Go do your voodoo s***, go do your voodoo s***, little donkey."

Lukaku responded with “I’ll f*** you and your wife”.

The ex-Everton and Chelsea ace then charged at the Swede and blasted “Let’s go inside you b****” before both players were booked.

Handbags at dawn type shite.
Where's the cringe emoji when you need it.

Infra-red

Sounds like "wooden shed", but difficult to be sure with the audio and Zlatan's accent.

Judging by the rest of the exchange (not shown in the OP video) it seems that Ibra insulted Lukaku's mother in some way. Lukaku also appears to tell Ibra "I will f*ck you and your wife", as he walks off the pitch.

All handbags really. This kind of stuff probably happens more often than we'd think, but we never hear it with a stadium full of fans.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I assume he means a stable.
That is what it sounds most like in fairness. Zlatan needs to learn what a stable is but if I had to guess on which was said I'd say "Go to your wooden shed, you little donkey" is what it sounds most like to me after hearing it a few times.

The Mitcher

That is what it sounds most like in fairness. Zlatan needs to learn what a stable is but if I had to guess on which was said I'd say "Go to your wooden shed, you little donkey" is what it sounds most like to me.
It clearly is, people are hearing what they want to hear. I don't see how you can hear voodoo in the clip on this thread.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It clearly is, people are hearing what they want to hear. I don't see how you can hear voodoo in the clip on this thread.
Its not that clear to be certain. To my ears I'd agree with you, funny enough its the word shed that is making me lean that way. Wooden or voodoo are hard to tell but it sounds much more like shed than shit to me.

Cloud7

Lukaku also appears to tell Ibra "I will f*ck you and your wife", as he walks off the pitch.
If a guy threatened to f*ck me while we're playing football I might think that's kinda weird as well

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
If that’s what he really said then he should get the book thrown at him.

Would be shocked if Ibra actually did racially abuse someone considering he’s faced prejudice about his ethnicity and religion throughout his life though.

Waynne

I'd put money on Ibra winning a fist fight with the donkey.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Seems a bit odd to watch two recent ex teammates be that way with each other, but then again Zlatan is involved so maybe not so odd after all.
They were only here together for a few months. I don't think they actually played together due to Zlatan's injury.

The only thing you heard about them two during the period they were here together was this:

“I will say this on Romelu: don’t expect good technique from Lukaku. His best strength is sheer power. If only he’d listened to me,” he said.

“At Manchester United, we made a bet: ‘I’ll give you £50 for every decent first touch you make.

“‘He replied: ‘What do I win if I get them all right?’ I told him nothing, he would simply become a better player.

“For the record, he never accepted the bet! Perhaps he was afraid of losing?!

“Joking aside, Lukaku has this mad hunger to prove himself to the world and I’m sure he will do well at Inter too.”

Charlie Foley

I can’t see how anyone hears voodoo shit. It sounds clearly like wooden shed to me. Though I type that, and then I google it and it appears Swedes sometimes mix up W and V sounds as they don’t use them much in their language. But Zlatan has a V in his name so surely he can pronounce it :lol:

Caesar2290

They seemed to have a good relationship. Just look at the video below. I wonder what caused the rift?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Except he never said it at all.
Think it’s more in the inconclusive category at this stage. You may well be right listening to it, but don’t think anyone should be outright dismissive either.

Sounded like wooden shed to me though.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea

Lukaku is Christian. Zlatan is the one who has Muslim heritage.

Poltophagy

Voodoo is still practiced in parts of Africa. It's clearly what he means. He called Mido a gypsy too, so this is typical Zlatan.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
This is more racist than Cavani's 'negrito' comment.
I thought so too. Even the donkey comment. A lot of white people constantly compare black people to animals - not good to hear.

drmuji

Who said Lukaku is a Muslim. He is a practicing Christian

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought so too. Even the donkey comment. A lot of white people constantly compare black people to animals - not good to hear.
Not really. It's usually used for players who lack good technique. For example people don't call Pogba as a donkey as he has awesome technique but many called Carroll as donkey, same with Henderson before he started winning trophies.