Zlatan tells Lukaku "‘Go do your voodoo s***, you little donkey"

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How often do you hear voodoo jokes made about white or Asian people?
Donkey, I agree is just a general term for being stupid/clumsy
I don’t hear it often as joke to describe black either... is this really commonly used as racist term anyway?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
You've clearly got it wrong.
Zlatan's the one being called a gypsy, by rival Italian fans and Swedes.
Mido? He threw a scissor at Zlatan at Ajax apparently, but there was no mention of any slur according to both parties.

As a Milan fan, I often get into arguments with people who like to praise Zlatan at the expense of the team. Zlatan IS an egotistical prick and bully who likes to undermine his coaches.

But how could anyone take Lukaku's side in this?
He's the one who started all this by starting a fight with Romagnoli and shoving Saelemaekers who was only trying to calm down his compatriot.
He even hit some Inter staff crew that were trying to ease the tension.

Zlatan said "Call your mother, do your voodoo shit. You little donkey".

Lukaku:
"I feck you and your wife bitch"
"I'll fecking shoot you"
"Son of a whore"

If you think Zlatan went off limits, or that Lukaku's behavior was justified then you're as incredibly dumb and infantile as Lukaku and will hopefully not reproduce.
Speaking of infantile, there's no need for the insults so please tone it down.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Donkey is fine, surely? Voodoo is not, even though he's referring to someone else being racist, it's opening an old wound.

UncleBob

The story itself is racist so it’s clumsy at best, perpetuating a racist lie at worst. Don’t see how it’s defensive either way, the man is almost 40 and appears in the Kick It Out videos/No To Racism.
Everything is racist, apparently.

UncleBob

The British-Iranian billionaire replied: “With Romelu I wasted two summers trying to keep him. The first summer I spent three months with his agent, him, his mother and his family and we managed to keep him for another year.

“Then, last summer, we offered him a better deal than Chelsea. Whatever they offered we matched but he just didn’t want to stay. He wanted to play for Chelsea at that time.

“I can assure you we tried everything to keep Rom. If I tell you what we offered him you wouldn’t believe it. We offered him a better deal than Chelsea and his agent came to Finch Farm to sign the contract. Robert [Elstone, Everton’s chief executive] was there, everything was in place, there were a few reporters outside, then in the meeting Rom called his mother. He said he was on a pilgrimage in Africa or somewhere and he had a voodoo and he got the message that he needs to go to Chelsea.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...umar-niasse-crystal-palace-brighton-west-brom

2 man midfield

I haven’t listened, purposely, as none of you feckers can agree, better to let the pair of them explain what the feck went on.
The funny thing is I think both of them were fine after the game. Didn't Lukaku's rep put out a statement on his behalf saying it was just heat of the moment stuff?

mancan92

I am someone who is normally very passionate in these threads but for me there's no racist element. Purely Zlatan trying to get under lukakus skin. Lukaku is refered to donkey purely because of his touch by many and the vodoo stuff is refering to a romour that came out when lukaku was at Everton. None of it is racially charged in the slightest.

2 man midfield

The British-Iranian billionaire replied: “With Romelu I wasted two summers trying to keep him. The first summer I spent three months with his agent, him, his mother and his family and we managed to keep him for another year.

“Then, last summer, we offered him a better deal than Chelsea. Whatever they offered we matched but he just didn’t want to stay. He wanted to play for Chelsea at that time.

“I can assure you we tried everything to keep Rom. If I tell you what we offered him you wouldn’t believe it. We offered him a better deal than Chelsea and his agent came to Finch Farm to sign the contract. Robert [Elstone, Everton’s chief executive] was there, everything was in place, there were a few reporters outside, then in the meeting Rom called his mother. He said he was on a pilgrimage in Africa or somewhere and he had a voodoo and he got the message that he needs to go to Chelsea.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...umar-niasse-crystal-palace-brighton-west-brom
I think Lukaku himself claimed this was nonsense and was considering legal action. If that's the case, it's a racist remark surely?

stw2022

The thing about accusations of voodoo is that soon after you’re liable to feel a prick

Fingeredmouse

I'm mistaken, but it's not really relevant whether the word was 'negro' or 'negrito'. Arguing semantics is just a strawman response to the argument we are having here.
"I'm kicking you because your black" is just saying racist things to get under a player's skin and not racist seems like an exercise in semantics to me.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure about Pogba, but there is another interview where Zlatan heaps praise on Lukaku.

It's kind of weird looking at it after yesterday's incident. But looking at how he's been behaving since he left United it's no surprise that not a lot of people like him.
He's always been like that, it's one of the reasons i didn't want him back at Chelsea under any circumstances. His ego and delusions of grandeur are off the scale for the level he's at.

The funny thing is I think both of them were fine after the game. Didn't Lukaku's rep put out a statement on his behalf saying it was just heat of the moment stuff?
No idea, but if Lukaku thought it was old banter twisted to be a twat in a heated moment, or if he found it racist, well he can/will let us know.
The caf majority declares everything instantly racist though, I prefer to wait and see the explanations.
They’ve been friendly, so fecked if I know and I’m not gonna start trying to decipher their words when no fecker can agree if he said voodoo or wooden shed :lol:
Maybe they chatted on the phone after and laughed their heads off at old banter once the heat had cooled, or maybe Lukaku was up all night fuming. The caf certainly doesn’t fecking know.

Last edited:

Needham

Race related threads: getting to 10 pages in a few hours since 2016

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
"I'm kicking you because your black" is just saying racist things to get under a player's skin and not racist seems like an exercise in semantics to me.
Either way, it's not relevant to this discussion beyond the fact people are prepared to defend on but not the other... I'm not going to defend Suarez, because this isn't a thread about Suarez and nothing Suarez said or did in that game was defensible.

Mainoldo

I get called animal names on the pitch as well, they call me a goat but I don’t know what it means.

So I just smile and carry on playing.
Yeah it’s probably racial or culturally inappropriate!

Let me know when and where your next playing we can get some answers.

That'sHernandez

How ? Why ?

Since when the feck is a voodoo comment related to racism ?
Because it's not true and it's a comment borne of the fact that voodoo is commonly followed and practiced by West African/Caribbean black people?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Because it's not true and it's a comment borne of the fact that voodoo is commonly followed and practiced by West African/Caribbean black people?
Is it possible that Everton's owner said voodoo out of ignorance but that Lukaku actually talked about a marabout?

jackal&hyde

I think Lukaku himself claimed this was nonsense and was considering legal action. If that's the case, it's a racist remark surely?
Or maybe it was true and understandably Lukaku doesn't want people to know he has some of these believes along with his Cristian faith. It's really impossible to know what went on in that meeting given Lukaku decided not to take legal action and no apologies were issued.

tjb

I don't think it's racist per se but it's definitely offensive (I am of Nigerian origin). I don't believe it's Zlatan's intention to be 'racist' but it's a stupid comment. I personally find this more offensive than several other 'slurs'. It's irritates me a little that some people find all this funny but to each his own.
Yeah....its banter, but without context and due to it being in a heated exchange, it looks a bit racist. In front of cameras it's a very stupid thing to do.Zlatan could also be one of those really obnoxious people that feel they can say anything to anyone in the name of banter, when in actuality their just being a prick.

That'sHernandez

Is it possible that Everton's owner said voodoo out of ignorance but that Lukaku actually talked about a marabout?
Lukaku's Roman Catholic, no idea about his mother. Possible if she's muslim I guess... who knows!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Im not sure why Lukaku wants to shag Ibra. Ibras wife sure i get it it. Either way, not sure how Lukakus wife/partner feels about that.

Clearly its "Call your mom and do your voodoo shit". Funnily enough I think its the reference to his mom that upsets Romelu the most.
Why is that strange? Some people will get naturally riled up when you include their mothers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lukaku's Roman Catholic, no idea about his mother. Possible if she's muslim I guess... who knows!
That's irrelevant, in west and central Africa people often have dual religionism and the term in french speaking countries extends to all fetichist and animist leaders.

fergieisold

Didn't he say "feck you and your wife" and not "I will feck your wife"

:lol:

The argument I'm reading here is that because the television you watched as a child mocked and misrepresented this religion/way of life, there's no need for you to start respecting it.
No one is asking for you to believe in it, but I think common decency means that one should be respectful of other cultures and religions. I'm not a Hindu but I'm not going to disrespect it because I've seen it mocked on television growing up.
It's voodoo dolls? You don't think that's funny? What weirdo practices voodoo magic?

That'sHernandez

That's irrelevant, in west and central Africa people often have dual religionism and the term in french speaking countries extends to all fetichist and animist leaders.
Interesting, I hadn't thought of that! Yeah, could be. Considering he ended up at Manchester United and the alleged 'voodoo message' said he should go to Chelsea, I am inclined to think it's not true!

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Speaking of infantile, there's no need for the insults so please tone it down.
That part wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but in general.

Lukaku made an ass of himself. Pathetic behavior. Justifying it is dumb and pathetic in itself.