Zlatan tells Lukaku "‘Go do your voodoo s***, you little donkey"

Pace Abuser

I imagine somewhere in Africa there's a discussion going on about Lukaku's racism and how he pressed on the western predilection for wife sharing. Culturally insensitive Lukaku.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I imagine somewhere in Africa there's a discussion going on about Lukaku's racism and how he pressed on a westerners predilection for wife sharing. Culturally insensitive Lukaku.
Whatever Lukaku has to do with Africa, but hey

bsCallout

Zlatan is Swedish. Stable in Swedish is stall.

Even imagening a Scandi saying "wooden shed" is hilarious to me.
For someone who doesn't speak another language I'm sure I'd translate something equally as daft. Wooden Shed would sound nice in a Swedish accent too.

brzez

Can we stop with this stuff?

He said 'feck you and your wife'

He didn't threaten to rape anyone and I'd have stronger terms for someone doing so than 'sexist'.
He said:

"I feck you and your wife." And as Lukaku walked into the tunnel he added “You want to speak about my mother you son of a bitch? I’ll shoot you in your head."

So he's not only saying that he's going to feck him and his wife, he also calls Zlatans mother a whore and on that, he threatened to kill him. Two wrongs don't make a right, but let's not kid ourselves, Lukakus wording is probably worse.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well it is, because the word 'negrito' is still racially charged, whether it's a term of affection or not. Any research or understanding into the connotations and origins of the word will tell you that.
Will have to check with posters who have better understanding of those words

@antohan @Stacks and few others.

Red Star One

on a side note, is there a way to insult Lukaku and mock his awful positional awareness and bad technique without having this very insult taken as racist? now I learn donkey is no good

Can7onA

I thought so too. Even the donkey comment. A lot of white people constantly compare black people to animals - not good to hear.
Plenty of white football players get called donkey as well. That's not racist, it means your shit.

padr81

Supports
Man City
:lol: Youd already called him racist or said that we all know what he meant in the other thread didn’t you? Jumping the gunslightly I guess
I clearly said IF he's guilty in my other posts, I never once insinuated he was or wasn't. You need to learn to read along with learning the offside rule instead of following me around posting lies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I imagine somewhere in Africa there's a discussion going on about Lukaku's racism and how he pressed on the western predilection for wife sharing. Culturally insensitive Lukaku.
Funnier in your head, I reckon.

vanderpants

Using the word "snowflake" doesn't make you a hard man. It only serves to make you look silly, not that you needed any help since you've managed to do that yourself with your last few posts.

The word voodoo itself isn't racist, but when used with someone of African heritage, there's a negative connotation and it's racially insensitive. If you don't already know that, it's fair enough. We all learn by listening to others. However, being intransigently obtuse and calling people who don't agree with you snowflakes is perverse.
sorry next time I will use the new cool words that currently seem to be socially acceptable, gammon and Karen:boring:

Can7onA

Voodoo is still practiced in parts of Africa. It's clearly what he means. He called Mido a gypsy too, so this is typical Zlatan.
He called Mido a gypsy because he moves clubs every 5 minutes, typical Zlatan in that he rips the piss out of everyone :lol:

I don't get where this Racism is coming from against him, isn't he a second generation immigrant and got shit for it all the while he was growing up? Seems to be the opposite of a racist imo.

vanderpants

I get called animal names on the pitch as well, they call me a goat but I don’t know what it means.

So I just smile and carry on playing.
Not when I miss an open goal from 6 yards out, the word donkey is more than appropriate for me:)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some people needs their ears tested. It's pretty clear what he said.
Yeah, the phrase doesn't make sense. "Call your mom, to do woodenshed'?

It's clear what Zlatan said. Question is, Is that racial abuse? I have no idea, like others i googled Vodoo thing and all I got was some doll and pins.

Stacks

Will have to check with posters who have better understanding of those words

@antohan @Stacks and few others.
Its an idiom. It can relate to colour but not just skin colour. Hair colour, eye colour but means a million different things and is often used non colour related. When I was called negrito by a Spanish girl it was because I was a black teenage boy.

tomaldinho1

Plenty of white football players get called donkey as well. That's not racist, it means your shit.
Exactly. People need to stop just assuming anything derogatory must somehow be racist - donkey is one of the most common insults across Europe (maybe even globally) and hasn’t suddenly become racist.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The donkey or ass (Equus africanus asinus) is a domesticated member of the horse family, Equidae. The wild ancestor of the donkey is the African wild ass, E. africanus. The donkey has been used as a working animal for at least 5000 years.
Id expect someone with that username to know all about horses.

Devil may care

That Youtube boxing stuff has become pretty lucrative, maybe Ibra and Lukaku can make a nice chunk of side coin off this little spat.

Caesar2290

Wasn't even Pogba's relationship with Lukaku strained by the end?

Lukaku doesn't exactly strike me as an easy team mate to have.
Not sure about Pogba, but there is another interview where Zlatan heaps praise on Lukaku.

It's kind of weird looking at it after yesterday's incident. But looking at how he's been behaving since he left United it's no surprise that not a lot of people like him.