Zlatan

Paul_Scholes18

Best post-Fergie striker we’ve ever had. A true winner who gave everything he had every game. Prove me wrong
Our league position that year was poor though and he missed a lot of chances.
I feel we sadly didn't get peak Zlatan really for us. He was great in the cups though still.

Maybe I expected too much though. Hoped we would win the league with him Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Mourinho.
It did feel after Leicester won it that it was open to be won.

JG3001

Our league position that year was poor though and he missed a lot of chances.
I feel we sadly didn't get peak Zlatan really for us. He was great in the cups though still.

Maybe I expected too much though. Hoped we would win the league with him Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Mourinho.
It did feel after Leicester won it that it was open to be won.
Shame we couldn’t sign him 5 years earlier. He had frustrating moments I agree but ultimately he was brought in to do a job for Mourinho and I think he did it brilliantly. If it wasn’t for that ACL near the end of the season, I’m sure he would have done way more. 28 goals in 46 games in 2016/17.
17 in 28 in the PL.

I truly believe he inspired players around him to do better as well.

Paul_Scholes18

Shame we couldn’t sign him 5 years earlier. He had frustrating moments I agree but ultimately he was brought in to do a job for Mourinho and I think he did it brilliantly. If it wasn’t for that ACL near the end of the season, I’m sure he would have done way more. 28 goals in 46 games in 2016/17.
17 in 28 in the PL.

I truly believe he inspired players around him to do better as well.
I am pretty impressed that he still is playing at the highest level.

bakalhau

6 games 10 goals, what a guy.

He and Ronaldo are tearing it up in Italy:lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Never had much time for him. But I have always liked Milan though so would be glad if they can finally win the league again.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
zlatan has been absolutely diabolical for us... but too little is being said of the incredible service he's getting as well.

of course, without a truly world class finisher, it means little... it's just been a perfect combination so far

poleglass red

Best post-Fergie striker we’ve ever had. A true winner who gave everything he had every game. Prove me wrong
in terms of goals scored, he scored 17 in 28 pl games that 1st season, where he was the main striker and would automatically hit all free kicks and penalties, he scored 2 penalties that season. Rashford last season hit 17 in 31 pl games from the wing, even Martial hit 17 in 32 pl games. Give either of them some of Fernandes penalties and there numbers could have been even higher. He was good for us Ibra, for me more so in the cups, but I wouldn't go overboard in my praise for him. We haven't had much joy in the striking dept since SAF left, so he's definitely in the mix, the fact that's he's in the mix, with a winger and a striker, who whilst talented ,isn't renowned for being prolific, says it all really.

DRM

zlatan has been absolutely diabolical for us... but too little is being said of the incredible service he's getting as well.

of course, without a truly world class finisher, it means little... it's just been a perfect combination so far
Why diabolical? I thought he's doing really well?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Are you using the right word there? Diabolical means bad in English

RedDevil@84

Wut?

Canagel

No he isn't. He was extremely wasteful and robbed Pogba of a 20 assists season.

Great career though

Lanesy

I'd still take Zlatan and Cavani up top. Not one centre back pairing in the world would fancy that!

Kamprad

No he isn't. He was extremely wasteful and robbed Pogba of a 20 assists season.

Great career though
True. Since Zlatan left Pogba has truly shown his class and got the numbers to prove It. Zlatan was lucky to play with such a genius. He barely had to make any runs and Pogba somehow found a way to make those passes.

Last edited:

JG3001

in terms of goals scored, he scored 17 in 28 pl games that 1st season, where he was the main striker and would automatically hit all free kicks and penalties, he scored 2 penalties that season. Rashford last season hit 17 in 31 pl games from the wing, even Martial hit 17 in 32 pl games. Give either of them some of Fernandes penalties and there numbers could have been even higher. He was good for us Ibra, for me more so in the cups, but I wouldn't go overboard in my praise for him. We haven't had much joy in the striking dept since SAF left, so he's definitely in the mix, the fact that's he's in the mix, with a winger and a striker, who whilst talented ,isn't renowned for being prolific, says it all really.
I was just being a bit tongue in cheek. Realise we have not had much to write home about in the striking department, but even with his wastefulness he contributed a lot and he was instrumental in getting the trophies, albeit minor by most people’s standards. Shame the injury cut the season short as I’m sure he would have had more as well. Also think he was a massive presence and elevated others around him to do more.

Paul_Scholes18

Talk about Zlatan returning to our national side(Sweden). Would be very interesting. Particular as there have been conflicts between Janne Anderson and Zlatan before over talk from Zlatan.
I think it is obvious Zlatan has been frustrated and missed the national side after he left, but also been stubborn to ask for a return before.
Feel it could happen if he really wants to ask for it. Not sure there is a clear role for him though. Berg with Zlatan didn't work that well before and both are older now.
Isak doesn't feel ready to start for our side and not sure he would work with Ibra.

SwedishFish

We should never have let him go. Such a moronic decision, even though I understand that no one could predict that he'd come back and be this good after such a serious injury.

It's so evident that he is the leader we so desperately need. Just look at where AC Milan was a year ago, with the same manager as well.

They really do not make them like Zlatan anymore.

We should never have let him go. Such a moronic decision, even though I understand that no one could predict that he'd come back and be this good after such a serious injury.

It's so evident that he is the leader we so desperately need. Just look at where AC Milan was a year ago, with the same manager as well.

They really do not make them like Zlatan anymore.
I think we make the right decision, but it went wrong buying Lukaku. It’s clearly a lot easier in Italy than in the PL, and he needed to play in order to get back to fitness and prolong his career. If he’d not had the injury, it would have been right to keep him for another year at least. As it is, it was best for all parties, but we didn’t adequately replace him.

SwedishFish

I think we make the right decision, but it went wrong buying Lukaku. It’s clearly a lot easier in Italy than in the PL, and he needed to play in order to get back to fitness and prolong his career. If he’d not had the injury, it would have been right to keep him for another year at least. As it is, it was best for all parties, but we didn’t adequately replace him.
Absolute waffle that tbh. You are overrating the Premier League.

There is no real replacement except maybe Lewandowski when it comes to true CFs. They don't make them like that anymore.

Big news today is that Swedish National Team Manager has travelled to Milano for what seems to be a setup for a comeback to the national team. I'm fecking stoked.

Paul_Scholes18

There is no real replacement except maybe Lewandowski when it comes to true CFs. They don't make them like that anymore.

Big news today is that Swedish National Team Manager has travelled to Milano for what seems to be a setup for a comeback to the national team. I'm fecking stoked.
It would be interesting to see him back in the national side. Not sure the players around him suit it so well.
He also need to do the defensive work if he returns particular against Spain in the group.

Berg with Ibra and then speed from the wings with Forsberg and Kulusevski/Claesson.

get over yourself. As I said worked out best for everyone. If he’d have stayed, he wouldn’t have got the game time needed to recover from his injury properly. As it was, he was able to do that out of the limelight in the MLS.

stevoc

Zlatan left United at the right time, he's did well in the MLS and he's doing great in Italy but i'm not convinced he could do similar in the PL at his age.

To be fair i think there are a load in here seriously overrating Serie A. Ashley Young is the first choice left winger for Inter at 35, which gives us an idea of where that league is at right now.

meamth

Zlatan left United at the right time, he's did well in the MLS and he's doing great in Italy but i'm not convinced he could do similar in the PL at his age.

To be fair i think there are a load in here seriously overrating Serie A. Ashley Young is the first choice left winger for Inter at 35, which gives us an idea of where that league is at right now.
Yeah. I'm with you with this one.

Lukaku became a world class forward there in Italy. Smalling, Young, etc.

Lukaku scored a shed load at Everton in the PL, and plenty in his first season at United. His best ever league goalscoring season was in the PL (25).

Ashley Young was first choice for Manchester United at 33.

Smalling has always been a good defender and would’ve done an excellent job for any Premier League side below the top 5. Hell, there’s plenty of here who still believe he’d be our best CB now a

Abizzz

Lukaku scored a shed load at Everton in the PL, and plenty in his first season at United.

Smalling has always been a good defender and would’ve done an excellent job for any Premier League side below the top 5. Hell, there’s plenty of here who still believe he’d be our best CB now.
We can't really expect people who never watch anything other than the PL to know much about anything other than the PL. They believe PL marketing like brexiteers believe the mail.

stevoc

Lukaku scored a shed load at Everton in the PL, and plenty in his first season at United. His best ever league goalscoring season was in the PL (25).

Smalling has always been a good defender and would’ve done an excellent job for any Premier League side below the top 5. Hell, there’s plenty of here who still believe he’d be our best CB now a
At left wing?

blemis

Supports
spurs

Seria A is good league with good teams mate, Atalanta just spanked Liverpool 2-0, they might play the game in lesser pace and less physical but football isn't just about being fast and being physical like track and field, there are also tactics and strategy in football. Just ask Salah which league is easier , EPL or Serie A , he came from Roma and scored 40 odd goals here. Not forgot to mention an Italian manager winning at EPL left and right all the time.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yet Eriksson is struggling after being brilliant in England? Ramsey too.

Yeah. I'm with you with this one.

Lukaku became a world class forward there in Italy. Smalling, Young, etc.
He scored a ton of goals in England too though? He scored 17 with West Brom! Before we signed him he has 25 goals in the league alone for Everton.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Talk about Zlatan returning to our national side(Sweden). Would be very interesting. Particular as there have been conflicts between Janne Anderson and Zlatan before over talk from Zlatan.
I think it is obvious Zlatan has been frustrated and missed the national side after he left, but also been stubborn to ask for a return before.
Feel it could happen if he really wants to ask for it. Not sure there is a clear role for him though. Berg with Zlatan didn't work that well before and both are older now.
Isak doesn't feel ready to start for our side and not sure he would work with Ibra.
Surely he could take Berg's place and Berg could...I don't know, retire immediately?

I haven't seen the national team play since the game where we qualified for the EC but I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Berg is still being selected.. I realise that we're not exactly known for having a lot of good attacking players but surely there's some up and coming 15-year old that could do better than him?

Paul_Scholes18

Surely he could take Berg's place and Berg could...I don't know, retire immediately?

I haven't seen the national team play since the game where we qualified for the EC but I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Berg is still being selected.. I realise that we're not exactly known for having a lot of good attacking players but surely there's some up and coming 15-year old that could do better than him?
Berg is very useful as a target though. Great defensivly and link up well with other players. I don't feel his age is a problem yet. Same as with Ibra.
I had higher hopes for Isak, but he has not taken that final step yet. Quaison look good with Berg, but not so good without.

We could try to change the formation though and go 4-2-3-1/4-3-3, but not enough quality in central midfield to do that I think. Maybe try Forsberg as a 10 or striker?

SwedishFish

Think that has more to do with Inter's poor recruitment than anything. They were willing to take him off our hands and to be fair, Ashley Young was a starter for us for a majority of the time before he left.

They have brought in a tonne of over-the-hill players and its showing in their performances in the league.