Zlatan

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He’s a one off, truly phenomenal talent.

Zlatan‘s bicycle kick v England is still the best goal I’ve ever seen.
That goal was something else:drool: Just insane human being. Maguire isn’t even half the leader unfortunaly.

I wonder where he'll sit in the pantheon of greats when he retires. Surely has to be up there with the likes of Di Stefano/Eusebio?
No chance. Di Stefano and Eusebio are two of the greatest players to ever kick a ball.

Zlatan is a great player but he could never stay in one place long enough to stamp his identity on a team or league, instead preferring to be the maverick showman, and he also wasted a good chunk of his best years in a post Calciopoli Italy and then France. He also didn't have the best luck in choosing clubs. He had his Juventus titles taken away, left Inter just before they won the treble, missed out on Barcelona's success by a year either side, and then joined Milan just as they turned rubbish.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Does anyone think his professionalism gets overlooked a bit as we mostly just pay attention the "Zlatan" nature of his character?

I mean the bloke keeps himself in truly tremendous shape, which must get harder and harder as the years advance.

el3mel

Because he's a bit of a...cnut?
So what, it makes him fun to follow, watch and listen to. 100% prefer this to the players who say exactly the same generic quotes in every interview. These aren't fun to follow. Zlatan is.

Vernon Philander

The rarest of rare players. Able to transcend the game with his larger than life charisma, outrageous talent, and Godly goals.

Football will be all the poorer when he finally leaves.

Paul_Scholes18

No chance. Di Stefano and Eusebio are two of the greatest players to ever kick a ball.

Zlatan is a great player but he could never stay in one place long enough to stamp his identity on a team or league, instead preferring to be the maverick showman, and he also wasted a good chunk of his best years in a post Calciopoli Italy and then France. He also didn't have the best luck in choosing clubs. He had his Juventus titles taken away, left Inter just before they won the treble, missed out on Barcelona's success by a year either side, and then joined Milan just as they turned rubbish.
Well that luck is Zlatan to partly to be blamed. He did fall out with Messi and Pep and that impacted Barcas chances to win the CL that year.
Also Inter could bring in top players for the money they got from selling Zlatan.

Mickson

So what, it makes him fun to follow, watch and listen to. 100% prefer this to the players who say exactly the same generic quotes in every interview. These aren't fun to follow. Zlatan is.
Yes, but you said that you can't understand how anyone can't like him. It's very easy to not like him if you know his story and all the things he has done and continue to do. Great timing that a new book is coming out now from a Swedish journalist, apparently Zlatan went around bullying teammates in Sweden. Calling them ugly and stupid, day out and day in. He just went up to players and said: "feck me, you're ugly" not once, for days, months, years! Never heard of anything like that. He's a phycopath. Not to consider all the money he stole from Malmo, and how hated he is in his not only hometown but also in his home area because of the greedy cnut he is. Let alone his bitterness towards Sweden's national team, trying to say that Janne Andersson is a racist for not playing certain players. Although, no one really takes it seriously anymore because he's such a laughing stock nowadays. Bitter because Sweden reached their best place in the WC since 94. Great player, sadly a small human being.

el3mel

Yes, but you said that you can't understand how anyone can't like him. It's very easy to not like him if you know his story and all the things he has done and continue to do. Great timing that a new book is coming out now from a Swedish journalist, apparently Zlatan went around bullying teammates in Sweden. Calling them ugly and stupid, day out and day in. He just went up to players and said: "feck me, you're ugly" not once, for days, months, years! Never heard of anything like that. He's a phycopath. Not to consider all the money he stole from Malmo, and how hated he is in his not only hometown but also in his home area because of the greedy cnut he is. Let alone his bitterness towards Sweden's national team, trying to say that Janne Andersson is a racist for not playing certain players. Although, no one really takes it seriously anymore because he's such a laughing stock nowadays. Bitter because Sweden reached their best place in the WC since 94. Great player, sadly a small human being.
Yes, I don't really understand the reason of hating a player because acted like a cnut towards another player, another team, or said arrogant stuff in public. He's not cnut to me myself, so why should I hate him ? Him being a cnut to other players or team is reasons for them to hate him, not me or any non Swedish fan, beside it's what makes him actually entertaining and fun to follow. There're loads of generic players who say generic stuff in media and are so great to everyone in their team and even to the opponent. World doesn't need any more of these if you ask me. They're just boring to follow.

Zlatan is an entertaining character with all his problems, quotes, interesting career and goals. This full package is what makes him likeable and fun. No one said he's an idol on personal level. You might disagree on this, but for me problematic, arrogant characters in sports (not just football) are just more fun all around than the generic, boring stuff we see regularly.

Mickson

Yes, I don't really understand the reason of hating a player because acted like a cnut towards another player, another team, or said arrogant stuff in public. He's not cnut to me myself, so why should I hate him ? Him being a cnut to other players or team is reasons for them to hate him, not me or any non Swedish fan, beside it's what makes him actually entertaining and fun to follow. There're loads of generic players who say generic stuff in media and are so great to everyone in their team and even to the opponent. World doesn't need any more of these if you ask me. They're just boring to follow.

Zlatan is an entertaining character with all his problems, quotes, interesting career and goals. This full package is what makes him likeable and fun. No one said he's an idol on personal level. You might disagree on this, but for me problematic, arrogant characters in sports (not just football) are just more fun all around than the generic, boring stuff we see regularly.
I don't say that you must dislike him, I just say that it's certainly not strange that people do because he's been an absolute asshole to many, many, many people.

Suedesi

Scored in his 23rd season in a row tonight. 4 different decades. What a player he's been.

Seems to have became more humble as well. He said "if I was 21 I'd have scored 4 tonight, but as I'm 38 I only scored 2."
TIL that 23 years = 4 decades!

Amazing, thank you CAF ;)

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
It should be mentioned in this context that no one of the persons who the author say he said these things to confirm that and say actually say its blown way out of proportions. The only person the author quotes is an anonymous source..

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Perfect balance between winner's mentality and football version of body builder.

He'll probably last few years longer and perhaps even longer after that.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
awesome player but Rooney , Drogba and Eto'o were all better even without the longevity.

Mercurial

Lundh the journalist has had it in for Zlatan a long time, holding a grudge for getting snubbed after not well recieved critique. He got the fergie journalist treatment from Zlatan for years. His entire book is just a bunch of 'off the record' or vague anonymous hearsay. Swedish top brass ITK called BS on the book, som of the ones that were supposedly bullied called BS too. It's basically a smear job from a forgotten journalist looking to get some lime light.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Try reading a Zlatan quote to yourself in someone other than Zlatan's voice & accent. Its literally impossible.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Never been a big fan of his bar his 1st stint in A.C. Milan with Robinho, Pato, Seedorf, etc, and didn't really enjoy his stint here, but I can't help but admire what he's currently doing back at Milan.

RedChisel

Zlatan hasn't tested positive for Covid-19. Covid-19 has tested positive for Zlatan.

MuFc_1992

Hopefully he will be alright. Covid is especially hard on the elderly.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Are you a Malmö fan? Saying that he's a psychopath based on things that the people involved have already called BS on is pretty interesting and 99% of the hate he's been getting lately is because he bought Hammarby which made Malmö fans cry their hearts out and immediately turn on him. I don't like everything the guy says but I'm pretty sure you're in the extreme minority if you think he's a laughing stock, he has a very long way to fall to reach that level for anyone who didn't feel personally violated by where a football player invested a bit of his money.

Oggmonster

Lighten up.
I mean there's more than 2 options. Surely its not either find him funny or are a miserable fecker?

I just find him really unfunny and this brand of "humour " really dull. I imagine same people who find it funny are still in stitches about them Chuck Norris jokes that were going round about 15-20 years ago, they're essentially the same thing just the name has changed

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
Such an unsympathic Chuck Norris wannabe. I don't deny he's the best swedish footballer of modern times, but that i'm glad he's gone from our NT such a toxicity that he brings and his complete tonedeath behavior towards his hometown just never made me like him one bit. Ironic that we did our best tournament since 94 as soon as he retired. But our labour and liberal media treats him like some kind of god regardless of his narcissism and how he treats other people. Great Striker, horrible person and big gamechoker.

Gary is so pc and booring and his narcissism just annoys me so much. BBC's top earner too gheez.

Such an unsympathic Chuck Norris wannabe. I don't deny he's the best swedish footballer of modern times, but that i'm glad he's gone from our NT such a toxicity that he brings and his complete tonedeath behavior towards his hometown just never made me like him one bit. Ironic that we did our best tournament since 94 as soon as he retired. But our labour and liberal media treats him like some kind of god regardless of his narcissism and how he treats other people. Great Striker, horrible person and big gamechoker.

Gary is so pc and booring and his narcissism just annoys me so much. BBC's top earner too gheez.
Lighten up. (Just kidding!)

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Context matters. How did Raul treat his teammates and how did he get along with them?
Alright. Do you think Sweden would have done better without Zlatan?

England did better in the last WC than England did with Rooney, Ferdinand, Scholes , Gerrard and they got along fine.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Alright. Do you think Sweden would have done better without Zlatan?

England did better in the last WC than England did with Rooney, Ferdinand, Scholes , Gerrard and they got along fine.
You are approaching the problem the wrong way round. The point is that Zlatan often makes derogatory remarks about his teammates because he believes that they do not meet his standards.