Zlatan

Oranges038

What exactly did Azpilicueta do to his teammate that require Zlatan to bodycheck him from behind as a way to show respect?
He was being a prick to one of the younger players when he was on the ground, fairly sure it was Isak . Zlatan was just showing him it wouldn't be accepted, as a way of making sure he wouldn't do it again. Looking out for the young lad like a big brother would. Proper order too.

So standing up is ellbowing someone from behind ? I don´t get this.
Just showing him his bullshit attempt at being a bully wasn't going to wash.

He could always have waited and done what he did to Mings.

Last edited:

redcafe_reader

He was being a prick to one of the younger players when he was on the ground, fairly sure it was Isak . Zlatan was just showing him it wouldn't be accepted, as a way of making sure he wouldn't do it again. Looking out for the young lad like a big brother would. Proper order too.

Just showing him his bullshit attempt at being a bully wasn't going to wash.

He could always have waited and done what he did to Mings.
What does "being a prick" mean in that case? Do you actually know? If you don't why do you think what Zlatan did is "looking out for the young lad" instead of bullying?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What does "being a prick" mean in that case? Do you actually know? If you don't why do you think what Zlatan did is "looking out for the young lad" instead of bullying?
Zlatan has always been a bully. This is not different. It is actually quite amusing that he doesn’t even own up to it in the beginning but pretends to have been pushed into the player‘s back.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Mane? Robertson? Fernandinho?
Azpi tops them for me. Always running to refs and other players giving it the Biggun but goes down like he's been chockeslammed off the undertaker with any tiny bit of contact.

Easily one of the most punchable faces in football too.

Oranges038

Bullying?? Don't be soft, they are grown men and it's a contact sport.

Azpilicueta was trying to act like a big man, intimidating a young player lying on the ground. Is that not bullying?

If Zlatan is seeking retribution for that. Is he bullying a bully?

Zlatan was merely showing him that he wasn't going to get away with his shit. He was looking out for his team mate, as you would expect older and more experienced players to do. He does it like that, someone else might wipe him out with a tackle, others might be more cynical but less obvious about it.

Back To Madeira

Azpi tops them for me. Always running to refs and other players giving it the Biggun but goes down like he's been chockeslammed off the undertaker with any tiny bit of contact.

Easily one of the most punchable faces in football too.
Has a shout for top 5 now Nasri has retired.

redcafe_reader

Bullying?? Don't be soft, they are grown men and it's a contact sport.

Azpilicueta was trying to act like a big man, intimidating a young player lying on the ground. Is that not bullying?

If Zlatan is seeking retribution for that. Is he bullying a bully?

Zlatan was merely showing him that he wasn't going to get away with his shit. He was looking out for his team mate, as you would expect older and more experienced players to do. He does it like that, someone else might wipe him out with a tackle, others might be more cynical but less obvious about it.
It's 3 posts already and you still can't give an answer about what did Azpilicueta do, beside vague thing like "his shit", "act like a big man, intimidating" or "being a prick", so I can only assume that you don't know what you are talking about...

Also it's funny to hear you said "Bullying?? Don't be soft, they are grown men and it's a contact sport.", it seems the irony is lost on you...

Have a nice day.

Lowkey

Zlatan is a legend. The new gen are way too soft to ever appreciate the legend that he is

MagooDad

Auto translated from this article regarding Zlatan beeing cheeky to Woodward: https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/engl...ll-united-helvetet-brot-loss-mino-ville-doda/

On social media he wrote that the transfer to Manchester United was complete - which was not true.
This infuriated CEO Ed Woodward, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic was forced to apologise.
"I lost patience", writes Zlatan in his new book according to Aftonbladet.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 40, is currently publishing a book, "Arenalina", in which he shares "unknown stories" from his career. In the summer of 2016, the Swede was brought to Manchester United from Paris Saint-Germain - but the move almost never materialised.

In the book, Zlatan describes how negotiations with the club dragged on. Days passed and the 40-year-old waited patiently to sign the contract at the home of agent Mino Raiola in Monaco, who urged Zlatan to be patient.

But after the Swede heard nothing from Manchester United for over a week, he decided to take matters into his own hands. In a social media post, Zlatan wrote that he was ready for United, which was not true.

"In fact, I go on Instagram and write: 'My next club will be Manchester United'. I was so tired of the negotiations that I didn't think about the fact that Manchester was listed. You're not allowed to make announcements like that if the matter isn't clear. All hell broke loose. Mino wanted to kill me", Zlatan writes in the book according to Aftonbladet.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says that Ed Woodward, the CEO of United, became up in arms when he saw the post. In the same vein, the Swede was forced to apologize to the club's management.

"'It's only my fault, Mino Raiola has nothing to do with it. I lost my patience, that's all. I felt like I was standing in quicksand, trying to do something to move forward, without thinking about the consequences. If the deal falls through now, then so be it, we'll let it go. I'm the one who did it wrong. I apologize once again'", writes Zlatan according to Aftonbladet, and talks about Woodward's response to the apology:

"'You have ruined a PR plan worth five million pounds.' They had planned a surprise campaign and a presentation with special effects à la Hollywood. And I ruined it all with a social media update."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic describes his first year at Manchester United as "fantastic". In total, the 40-year-old Swede played 53 games for United, scoring 29 goals and adding 10 assists.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Auto translated from this article regarding Zlatan beeing cheeky to Woodward: https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/engl...ll-united-helvetet-brot-loss-mino-ville-doda/

On social media he wrote that the transfer to Manchester United was complete - which was not true.
This infuriated CEO Ed Woodward, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic was forced to apologise.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 40, is currently publishing a book, "Arenalina", in which he shares "unknown stories" from his career. In the summer of 2016, the Swede was brought to Manchester United from Paris Saint-Germain - but the move almost never materialised.

In the book, Zlatan describes how negotiations with the club dragged on. Days passed and the 40-year-old waited patiently to sign the contract at the home of agent Mino Raiola in Monaco, who urged Zlatan to be patient.

But after the Swede heard nothing from Manchester United for over a week, he decided to take matters into his own hands. In a social media post, Zlatan wrote that he was ready for United, which was not true.

"In fact, I go on Instagram and write: 'My next club will be Manchester United'. I was so tired of the negotiations that I didn't think about the fact that Manchester was listed. You're not allowed to make announcements like that if the matter isn't clear. All hell broke loose. Mino wanted to kill me", Zlatan writes in the book according to Aftonbladet.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says that Ed Woodward, the CEO of United, became up in arms when he saw the post. In the same vein, the Swede was forced to apologize to the club's management.

"'It's only my fault, Mino Raiola has nothing to do with it. I lost my patience, that's all. I felt like I was standing in quicksand, trying to do something to move forward, without thinking about the consequences. If the deal falls through now, then so be it, we'll let it go. I'm the one who did it wrong. I apologize once again'", writes Zlatan according to Aftonbladet, and talks about Woodward's response to the apology:

"'You have ruined a PR plan worth five million pounds.' They had planned a surprise campaign and a presentation with special effects à la Hollywood. And I ruined it all with a social media update."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic describes his first year at Manchester United as "fantastic". In total, the 40-year-old Swede played 53 games for United, scoring 29 goals and adding 10 assists.

Wow. Just further proof about how horrible Woodward deals with transfers. Plan a PR campaign worth several million, but failing to keep in touch with the player about it?

KingCavani

"'You have ruined a PR plan worth five million pounds.'
Look at that. Actually dystopian.

Sums up the state of this club, where the priorities have been. No wonder we couldn't get big deals over the line at times. Zlatan himself nearly pulled the plug over this shit.

Van Gaal said it. It was a business and a brand first, football was secondary. I hate these people. They take every stigma associated with modern football and dial it up to eleven.

Last edited:

R'hllor

PR plan with Hollywood special affects and then sheep in here have a cheek to call out others as cynics etc, for having mistrust in club. Bet they invested more thinking in PR plan than in actual football related shit, bloody corp mfs.

KingCavani

PR plan with Hollywood special affects and then sheep in here have a cheek to call out others as cynics etc, for having mistrust in club. Bet they invested more thinking in PR plan than in actual football related shit, bloody corp mfs.
Our club is almost dystopian in terms of how it operates. The social media strategy stuff that came out lately about how they have algorithms to gauge and control fan response to everything these players say and do was pretty horrifying. Makes me skeptical of everything that is said and done from the club to the players.

Regarding this Zlatan thing - Obviously the business side needs to be taken care of but it seems to actively work against the footballing side of things. Imagine we missed out on Zlatan because we put too much effort into preparing his arrival and forgot to communicate with him. No wonder our transfers take forever to get over the line when we’re more concerned with the song and dance they do on arrival.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Moaning he had to pay £1 for a fruit juice :lol: calls us small time because of it basically

https://theathletic.com/news/zlatan...made-me-pay-1-for-a-fruit-juice/yRNUtwItKOlc/
Another great quote:
“Every day I was asked to show my papers just to get into the training ground. I’d lower my window and say to the person at the gate: ‘Listen my friend I've been coming here every day for a month. I'm the best player in the world. If you still don't recognise me, you're in the wrong job.’”

I know such behaviour from an Air Force base, but at a football club I wouldn't have expected that :lol:

Corridor of Uncertainty

Another great quote:
“Every day I was asked to show my papers just to get into the training ground. I’d lower my window and say to the person at the gate: ‘Listen my friend I've been coming here every day for a month. I'm the best player in the world. If you still don't recognise me, you're in the wrong job.’”

I know such behaviour from an Air Force base, but at a football club I wouldn't have expected that :lol:
fecking idiot. Nowhere near.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's an open secret that we haven't been behaving like a big club and that's largely to do with Woodward, Klopp insinuated something similar when he turned down the United job, as did Mourinho numerous times throughout his reign. Zlatan may or may not be in character here but if he wasn't going to say it, someone else was.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not surprised by his comments. There’s always been mentions of rumours of how backwards the club still is.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Woodward's one and only plan revealed. Shame it took Zlatan, not someone with heart closer to club to do it.

Looks like Herrera's words were justified after leaving.

choccy77

You want those type of players here though. WINNING mentality, who believe in themselves. Not players like Martial & Linguard or even Pogba who thinks he is better than he is and can't back it up.

Trequarista10

Yeah he should have said "Hi I'm Zlatan and I'm debatably possibly in the top 2 or 3 best players at the club, but some people may say 4th or 5th best or maybe even lower, because I'm getting on a bit, but then some of the other top players aren't really performing like Pogba and Rooney, so maybe I'm better than them, then you've got young lads like Martial and Rashford who have a lot of promise but I think I have more consistency than them, that extra bit of nous that comes from experience, I'm pretty sure I'm better than Mata and Lingard and Fellaini though, if you'll excuse my arrogance, but then I suppose its also hard to compare forwards with defenders too, I mean how does one even quantify whether I am better than Chris Smalling when our jobs are completely different, it's like comparing an apple with an orange as we say in Sweden, and don't even get my started on De Gea, he's playing a different sport completely, he uses his hands for Christ's sake. Can you let me in now please?"

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Yeah he should have said "Hi I'm Zlatan and I'm debatably possibly in the top 2 or 3 best players at the club, but some people may say 4th or 5th best or maybe even lower, because I'm getting on a bit, but then some of the other top players aren't really performing like Pogba and Rooney, so maybe I'm better than them, then you've got young lads like Martial and Rashford who have a lot of promise but I think I have more consistency than them, that extra bit of nous that comes from experience, I'm pretty sure I'm better than Mata and Lingard and Fellaini though, if you'll excuse my arrogance, but then I suppose its also hard to compare forwards with defenders too, I mean how does one even quantify whether I am better than Chris Smalling when our jobs are completely different, it's like comparing an apple with an orange as we say in Sweden, and don't even get my started on De Gea, he's playing a different sport completely, he uses his hands for Christ's sake. Can you let me in now please?"
Of course that's what he should've said, there's no place for tounge in cheek comments in a situation like that. The fecking idiot also literally believes he's a lion because he's said "I'm a lion" multiple times... he's delusional.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Wow. Just further proof about how horrible Woodward deals with transfers. Plan a PR campaign worth several million, but failing to keep in touch with the player about it?
That sounds like Raiola was aware of it, and he is the player's representative, so that's his fault for not keeping Zlatan in the loop.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Another great quote:

He's so full of shit this guy :lol:

FujiVice

We should have made him show his Ballon D'ors to get into the ground.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That sounds like Raiola was aware of it, and he is the player's representative, so that's his fault for not keeping Zlatan in the loop.
I believe Zlatan that there was no update from United, so that it wasn't Raiola's fault keeping him in the loop when there were no news.

I think it was more a case of Raiola (having dealt with United before) said something along the lines of "Yeah I know they don't react at the moment, but that is how they always operate, just be patient, it will move forward".

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Stalling on a deal and keeping the player in the dark because of a 5m pr plan?

Disneyland indeed. What an absolute joke Woodward is.

yipthatman

Zlatan bitching about getting charged £1 for a drink in his new book hahaha.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s only saying what we fans already know. It was run by clowns when he was here. It’s now run by clowns who are starting to learn from their many mistakes.