Zlatan

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Ibrahimović was the only world class performer in Serie A post Calciopoli, apart from Kaka of course. Him and Kaka were league's only stars back then, and performances in Serie A were by far on Ibrahimović's side in discussions.

He won Serie A in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, went to Spain and won La Liga in 2010, and then came back to Milan to win Serie A in 2011. Obviously, first two titles were chalked off due to Calciopoli.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Ibrahimović was the only world class performer in Serie A post Calciopoli, apart from Kaka of course. Him and Kaka were league's only stars back then, and performances in Serie A were by far on Ibrahimović's side in discussions.

He won Serie A in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, went to Spain and won La Liga in 2010, and then came back to Milan to win Serie A in 2011. Obviously, first two titles were chalked off due to Calciopoli.
And Totti was just there spectating right? :lol:

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
And Totti was just there spectating right? :lol:
Well, mostly. I know what you tried to say, but Roma were, apart from season or two, completely irrelevant. Totti only outperformed Ibrahimović in 2006/2007.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Well, mostly. I know what you tried to say, but Roma were, apart from season or two, completely irrelevant. Totti only outperformed Ibrahimović in 2006/2007.
He had lots of injury issues in the late 2000s
07-08 Missed 3 months of football and still scored 14g and 7assists in 2000min
08-09 Again Injury issues - out for 2 months. His stats 13g and 4 assists in 1868min

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He didn't. Ibra was the best player in Serie A from 06/07 to 11/12. Comfortably. Totti, Kaka and Eto'o came close in a few individual seasons, but that's about it. Ibrahimovic is the most dominant player Serie A has seen since Marco Van Basten

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

Got any source for that? There were much better players than Ibra playing in Serie A at the time. Adriano, Kaka, Shevchenko, Totti, Nedved,...
Adriano and Totti was for sure not better than Zlatan. The others debatabe, perhaps Nedved has the highest combination of peak, longlivety and football historical relevance. Imagine Zlatans status if he was italian.. The best since Baggio at least, probably further than that.

Pintu

But if the discussion is about individuals then Totti must be cited. Del Piero also won the top goal scorer on his first season back form Serie B. And both top class before Zlatan’s years.

Zlatan is certainly up there with Sheva, the 2 who have been most dominant for the longer period. But Sheva didn’t win as much domestically.

AndySmith1990

Out of Ronaldo and Zlatan I wonder who spends the most time per day staring at themselves in the mirror

KennyBurner

Zlatan was actually better for us than Ronaldo. Better striker at least which Ronaldo really isn’t.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Out of Ronaldo and Zlatan I wonder who spends the most time per day staring at themselves in the mirror

Definitely Ronaldo.

Zlatan is an odd looking guy who doesn't seem to be into his looks that much(makes sense for him).

He's playing up to that childish Lion crap because some dull Football fans lap that kinda crap up and it gives him good PR and exposure. Barely see him in the news for his actual game. Its all rubbish quotes.

Ronaldo admittedly cares a lot about how he looks. I think Rio said he stands infront of the mirror naked saying "I am beautiful" or something like that for hours.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Great career he's had.
Time for him to retire i think and what a note to end his career on!

el3mel

A lot bit of a shame he really didn't have much role to play in that title. Spent most of the season injured. Probably a good time for him to call it off as he's starting to become an injury prone player and finishing on the top will be a good option. Yeah his body looks great but he's clearly not as physically fit or injury free as he used to be.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A lot bit of a shame he really didn't have much role to play in that title. Spent most of the season injured. Probably a good time for him to call it off as he's starting to become an injury prone player and finishing on the top will be a good option. Yeah his body looks great but he's clearly not as physically fit or injury free as he used to be.
Well he did provide the assist in that nail-biter of game against fiorentina a few games ago.

MUW4Eva

He has already done the MLS route, so no point going back there again, so not sure where else he could go, if he left Milan, he would still want to have a pretty high salary one would imagine.

Perhaps an emotional return to Malmo??

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He has already done the MLS route, so no point going back there again, so not sure where else he could go, if he left Milan, he would still want to have a pretty high salary one would imagine.

Didn't he burn that bridge by buying their rivals?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Bring him back to OT on £400k p/w? He would be ideal for us. Telles and Dalot pinging in crosses to himself and Ronaldo. We'd score bucketloads.

MUW4Eva

Bring him back to OT on £400k p/w? He would be ideal for us. Telles and Dalot pinging in crosses to himself and Ronaldo. We'd score bucketloads.
Heart says hell yeah bring him back, but the more sensible side of me says no.....

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Let the man spend his final days winning in sunny Milan; he deserves to be treated better than the dross we can offer him.

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

If he would go anywhere in Sweden it would be Hammarby where he is a part-owner. And that is not unprobable - he has metioned that before.

Judas

Open to offers
God no. His time here is overrated enough already, bringing him back in his current state would be beyond sad. Thankfully not even we're that stupid.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
:(

This shows me why me and you don’t have the same style of football in our heads

MagooDad

If he would go anywhere in Sweden it would be Hammarby where he is a part-owner. And that is not unprobable - he has metioned that before.
ASFAIK it's not legal, since he's an owner and shareholder. He won't be joining any teams in Sweden unless he wants to burn more bridges.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He was basically their mental & development coach. Hell, he was even Pioli's mental coach :lol:

All the improvements from players that looked like lame ducks before him came down to his presence and leadership. And he was important on the pitch too when he was fit

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He was basically their mental & development coach. Hell, he was even Pioli's mental coach :lol:

All the improvements from players that looked like lame ducks before him came down to his presence and leadership. And he was important on the pitch too when he was fit
Pretty funny that after all this talk of Lions and mentality, this guy routinely disappeared on the big stage particularly in CL knockouts throughout his long career.

I doubt I have seen a big name player with more consistent no-shows in the Champions Leagues.

The way he has marketed himself, Football fans lap it up. Milan won due to Theo, Leao, Giroud and co. Zlatan has been a glorified cheerleader for most of the season.

If we start looking for coincidences since Zlatan came, we can do the same for Giroud too.