Zokora

smokingred

Can any one of my enlightened friends tell me about Zokora and whether or not he would be the perfect fit for Man Utd midfield.

Chep

smokingred said:
Can any one of my enlightened friends tell me about Zokora and whether or not he would be the perfect fit for Man Utd midfield.
Zokora is a hard worker, unfortunately what we need is an inspirational midfielder in the mould of Javier Mascherano.I mean player who can impose authority in the middle of the park and control the tempo of the game to our liking.
Fletch,Smithy and the rest would then work on cutting out oppositional attacks while the new guy sprays the ball upfront.

Danish Wizard

I would rather see Mascherano than Zokora (a new Djemba-Djemba I think) in the United shirt..!

Whiteside

Chep said:
Zokora is a hard worker, unfortunately what we need is an inspirational midfielder in the mould of Javier Mascherano.I mean player who can impose authority in the middle of the park and control the tempo of the game to our liking.
Fletch,Smithy and the rest would then work on cutting out oppositional attacks while the new guy sprays the ball upfront.
I kinda hoped if we got some mf talent - that fletch would no longer be there on the pitch giving my eyes blisters!

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w

Dowders_Jnr

Mascherano would be ideal. But there are a few things to consider. He hasn't long joined Corinthians, a club stacked with cash that Abramovich has financial interests in. So its highly unlikely that any deal could happen without Chelsea intervention. Also the guy is very very young and has had injury problems this last year, a move like this might just be a little early for him.

As for Zokora, he definately could be another Djemba X2. Proceed with caution SAF.

redfromcanada

Having watched Zokora very closely in three matches this season, I think that it would be insulting to call him another Djemba-Djemba. He is a clearly better player technically than the latter. French TV often shows Zokora's technical abilities in highlights during matches. In fact, I've noticed that he is mainly a deep lying midfielder who can come forward with some athleticism and can also pass effectively from his deep position. However, he may not be what United needs though. He is not a defensive midfielder per se and would need one beside him. He would be most effective in a 4-2-3-1 formation or a 4-3-3 formation as he sits deeper than a typical attacking midfielder in a two man central midfield would.

And yes, Mascherano would be an ideal signing for United.

Dowders_Jnr

redfromcanada said:
Having watched Zokora very closely in three matches this season, I think that it would be insulting to call him another Djemba-Djemba. He is a clearly better player technically than the latter. French TV often shows Zokora's technical abilities in highlights during matches. In fact, I've noticed that he is mainly a deep lying midfielder who can come forward with some athleticism and can also pass effectively from his deep position. However, he may not be what United needs though. He is not a defensive midfielder per se and would need one beside him. He would be most effective in a 4-2-3-1 formation or a 4-3-3 formation as he sits deeper than a typical attacking midfielder in a two man central midfield would.

And yes, Mascherano would be an ideal signing for United.
I never said he was, I said he could be another DX2. The fact is when you're bringing a relatively unknown quantity (which he is) to one of the biggest clubs in the world, you can never be sure how its going to pan out. Some playes like Ole Gunnar can handle it, others like Djemba or even Kleberson, a World Cup winner can't.

Murt

MancFanFromManc said:
:lol: nice one re Fletcher
There's a few articles quoting Zokora bigging himself up for the Prem today - though I didnt like his praise of Anfooled :nono:
aye read that,
fool obviously doesnt know the first thing about English football.
He burnt his bridges there.

Richard0

i think he'll settle. He's been compared with both Vieira and Keane so i bet he's top class but you never know how the English game can effect an old boy. But i think he'd be more effective than smith....hopefully. I'd give him a shot. but like someone said. 'proceed with caution SAF'