Television Community (NBC)

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Any other fans?

I like Britta and adore Jeff (Joel McHale is one hot looking guy :drool:) and love Abed's meta references. It's such an entertaining and good show, shame about the low ratings, the Americans really cannot appreciate great comedy series.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
I'm a fan of the show. I think the first season was better than the current one. The paintball episode was epic. I've got a bit of a thing for Annie.
Yeah, "Modern Weltfare" is genuinely the best episode I've EVER seen on a tv show. Pure genius.

As for the comparison first to second season, well it depends. Season 2 is trying to shed light to the background of the characters. I think it's fine, because if you neglect character development a sitcom will sooner or later become bland.

That said, I preferred Chang in season 1 (he's so much funnier as a teacher) and yeah, season 1 had my two favourite episodes, Contemporary American Poultry and Modern Welfare.

But I love the show, it's fun, it's not bland and it is always trying things out - makes for a nice change from crap like Two and a half Men.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
I've got no problem with them building characters(as it is pretty damn important), I just feel the first season was funnier. Also, while I've always liked how 'meta' the show is, sometimes it can get stuck too far in its own 'metaness'. If that makes sense.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
It's such an entertaining and good show, shame about the low ratings, the Americans really cannot appreciate great comedy series.
makes for a nice change to crap like Two and a half Men.
Christ.

If you're going to be a snob, make sure you have good tastes.

It's a mediocre show, let's not try and make out like it's immensely superior to Two and a Half Men. And it's a good thing that American audiences have started to see sense by not watching this sort of pap.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
It's far better than 30 Rock and Parks.

It's only rival is Peep Show.

Zen

Thick of It
It's Always Sunny
Curb
Peep Show
Louie

It's probably better than current 30 Rock though.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Great show, along with Parks & Recreation

Heffo

Found out about through Donald Glover, who raps as Childish Gambino, about 2 weeks ago. I subsequently went on to watch all of the current episodes in a week.

Really good programme and some of the characters are great, I love the Troy and Abed bromance. I agree the paintball episode was epic.

Brophs

The One and Only
The second season gets a bit silly in trying to be quirky.

United87

I'm only about half way through season one, I think it's missing a certain something to make it great, the characters seems a bit hollow. That being said Park and rec got steadily better and hope for same with this show as the writing is intelligent and funny.

As feel good comedy goes I think it's a tier below Parks and Recreation and Modern family and a few tiers above The big bang theory,HIMYM and Two and a half men...so far.

cinc

I'm only about half way through season one, I think it's missing a certain something to make it great, the characters seems a bit hollow. That being said Park and rec got steadily better and hope for same with this show as the writing is intelligent and funny.

As feel good comedy goes I think it's a tier below Parks and Recreation and Modern family and a few tiers above The big bang theory,HIMYM and Two and a half men...so far.

The second half of the first season is where the show find its footing.

JezChan

The first season, though starting a little slow, is definitely worth it since it pins down identities to all the characters and the way they work. Once that's down, the rest is history :)

Brophs

The One and Only
It's been pulled from the schedule for the moment, which is surely a precursor to being cancelled. Which is a shame as this season, while it hasn't been great, has shown signs of improving after a poor second season.

Zen

Poor second season? Almost every fan AND critic of the show says the second season is far superior to the first -_-

Cina

It's been pulled from the schedule for the moment, which is surely a precursor to being cancelled. Which is a shame as this season, while it hasn't been great, has shown signs of improving after a poor second season.
Thought the second season was really good. 5 or 6 poor episodes, 7 or 8 good episodes and then 4 or 5 great episodes. Not bad for me.

But it's shit that it's being cancelled.

And no more Annie :(

Brophs

The One and Only
Poor second season? Almost every fan AND critic of the show says the second season is far superior to the first -_-
Strangely enough I form opinions based on watching the show and not on reading blogs or reviews. I didn't like it all that much, if others did, good luck to them.

Zen

Millions of people liked Transformers 3.....still doesn't change the fact it's a terrible film.

Brophs

The One and Only
Millions of people liked Transformers 3.....still doesn't change the fact it's a terrible film.
In this analogy is my opinion Transformers 3? What or who are the millions then?

Zen

Basically you not liking the second season don't mean it was poor....assuming you meant in comparison to the first, which it is clearly superior than in almost every way for a sitcom.

I don't even know I ended up here, I don't really like the show anyway. It's a pretty well written sitcom with great chemistry though and well it's a shame something like that gets cancelled when trash like Whitney and others manage to stay on air, the terrible ratings system smh. I sense the best network sitcom in Parks and Recs could be next :'(

Cina

The first season of P&R was rubbish though so that was always going to affect it.

Brophs

The One and Only
Basically you not liking the second season don't mean it was poor....assuming you meant in comparison to the first, which it is clearly superior than in almost every way for a sitcom.

I don't even know I ended up here, I don't really like the show anyway. It's a pretty well written sitcom with great chemistry though and well it's a shame something like that gets cancelled when trash like Whitney and others manage to stay on air, the terrible ratings system smh. I sense the best network sitcom in Parks and Recs could be next :'(
Well I didn't think I'd have to write "IMO" after everything I post on here just in case people thought I was stating my opinion as some sort of incontrovertible fact. Which is why I don't agree it was 'clearly' better.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Second season had some really good episodes and some quite lame ones. I've been really enjoying this season though. What kind of universe would cancel Community but leave How I Met Your Mother/Two and a Half Men limping along forever?:(

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Quite frankly the season can be as bad as it wants if it ends as strongly as Community did last season.

Last episode was good too....IMO. Pierce's pieces were unreal.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Apparantly all 22 episodes NBC ordered for this season will end up being shown eventually. No chance of a fourth season now though.