[FCUoM] Glazer "Watching United is a bit dangerous"

mickthered

Taken from another forum

Daughter had a football tournament over the weekend at Virginia beach Virginia. stayed a nice hotel close to the fields which had a very nice bar.
We all go down for evening drinks and so one of these soccer mum types mentions her daughter likes Manchester United and has a signed ronaldo shirt courtesy of her close friend "Joel".

long story cut short, this lot are close enough to be invited to their wedding have continuous offers to come visit, she knows "all the kids" etc.
enough knowledge of them to be truthful. hubby's college roommates etc.
well connected obviously.

I took 30 minutes to explain the history and events and when i had finished her jaw was literally on the floor. it was a beautiful thing.

I wasn't rude as she was a nice lady. when i had finished the bit about me being turned down by the MU foundation for a bit of united stuff for the auction i run over here, she went as far to say that she would contact joel directly to get me a signed shirt, which i didn't have the heart to take her up on.

one point which will be of interest, they dont bring guests with them, and refuse requests even from the little girl who wanted to go with them once across the Atlantic as "its a bit Dangerous" I kind of felt sorry at that point because she said they get stuff thrown at them mentioning ketchup......

In the end she understood the principles of the ant glazer sentiment but admitted the methods left a lot to be desired, whist getting the retort that 666 million in debt warranted such aggression.
she thought the passion was brilliant as a flashed my FC United membership card.

All in all she understood and left with a new appreciation of the kids as she put it.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they speak next......

( the husband ( the real contact) showed up for the Sunday game and was none too happy with some fierce looks pointed in my direction)

I just sat there quite content...

ralphie88

Shouldn't this be on the big United forum? That would really rattle a few cages.

Pleasant story all the same. :cool: