Mark Dempsey has left for Tromso

oskarutd

According to Norwegian news Mark Dempsey has left his post with us and joined Tromso in north Norway. They are speculating on us loaning them a right midfielder/winger. Speculation is on in being Lee Martin.

link.

link.

PS18

Just messing around with a typically ineffective translation program and not getting very far - what's his role going to be there exactly?

oskarutd

Just messing around with a typically ineffective translation program and not getting very far - what's his role going to be there exactly?
He will train the first team of Tromsø and also the youth team of the neighbouring counties. It is a project paid by a bank for three years to make the youth football in North Norway better. Dempsey leads this project. This project might be in a small way in cooperation with United, not sure about that.

link.

link.

LouisRocca

Dempsey are gonna be a coach, and a (youth)player developer and coach developer for the three northern countys in Norway. As far as I know Dempsey have been a youth coach/developer in United, right?

Oskar said it much better than me:)

PS18

Aha, the translation program wasn't too bad then, that's roughly what it told me!

Interesting stuff, will be interesting to see if there is any benefit for United somewhere down the line.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
How important was this Dempsey guy to us?
Youth coach iirc.. So its anyones guess as to how important he was..

Mark Dempsey was the Head Coach for the U13 to U16.