Paul Scally fecks the Gills!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I work for EDF Energy in the south England area and one of my Engineer collegues was today sent out to disconnect the electrical supply to Gillinghams Priestfield stadium.

It appears that Paul Scally has not paid his electricity bill for a good while! The stadiums electrical supplier has instructed EDF energy to disconnect the supply no matter what.

I know the club are £9-10 million in debt but this is ridiculous, especially when you consider division 2 football starts in a fortnight and they have a pre season friendly on saturday!

Scally is out of the country at the moment and only he can authorise the payment. So the Gills are probably gonna be without electricity for the forseeable future.

How the feck can a football club not pay there electricity bill? This is madness in the truest sense.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
DJS said:
On the plus side, at least they wont accidently leave the radiator on during this heatwave.

Every cloud....
nothing like a whopping bill and disconnection to make you think about your energy efficiency output

WeasteDevil

I forgot to pay the electricity bill once, they came and turned it off, but I had one of those triangular allen keys, so went out to the box, opened it and turned it back on again.

WeasteDevil

DJS said:
You hero. :p
Weird shit happens to me. I once got the electricity man come round to the pub saying he was going to turn it off because I hadn't paid. I showed him hte recipt stapled to the invoice and he left. I also got a mobile telephone company called Amena threatening to take me to court because I hadn't paid my phone bill - well yes, I ordered the phones, but they never arrived and nobody could find them, yet they still wanted me to pay the bill - get to feck. And it's not just Spain, my best mate lives in a council house in Crumpsall, Manchester, and he keeps getting payment demands off British Gas or whatever they are called, to the tune of 2000 pounds or so. They keep threatening him that if he doesn't pay they will cut him off and take him to court - he tells them to feck off - the house doesn't have any gas! They keep sending him the same letter every two months or so however. Think about it.

jim

In most joy
'The club kindly requests that all fans attending the game bring a torch, a flare, or if not possible a lighter.'

River_Runs_Red

WeasteDevil said:
Weird shit happens to me. I once got the electricity man come round to the pub saying he was going to turn it off because I hadn't paid. I showed him hte recipt stapled to the invoice and he left. I also got a mobile telephone company called Amena threatening to take me to court because I hadn't paid my phone bill - well yes, I ordered the phones, but they never arrived and nobody could find them, yet they still wanted me to pay the bill - get to feck. And it's not just Spain, my best mate lives in a council house in Crumpsall, Manchester, and he keeps getting payment demands off British Gas or whatever they are called, to the tune of 2000 pounds or so. They keep threatening him that if he doesn't pay they will cut him off and take him to court - he tells them to feck off - the house doesn't have any gas! They keep sending him the same letter every two months or so however. Think about .

On a similar note, I get the same shit from powergen. They have not supplied me for about 4 years, but they just won't feck off sending me bills and courts summons etc. Have wasted hours on the phone now, and have just completely given up. Since then I have just used a fake name with the utilities, because they are fecking incompetent. This way they can't harrass me, I simply just ignore the letters.