15 year old Indian striker Nipun Chauhan gets United trials

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets

If any one from Mumbai on here, he is from Bombay Scottish school and he currently plays club football for Kenkre FC under manager Adib Kenkre himself. And is going to travel to Manchester on 14th Nov for a short 15 day trial session at United.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

If any one from Mumbai on here, he is from Bombay Scottish school and he currently plays club football for Kenkre FC under manager Adib Kenkre himself. And is going to travel to Manchester on 14th Nov for a short 15 day trail session at United.
Not sure what we can learn from those snippets...he can play in monsoon conditions so he'll be well suited to Manchester.;)

wr8_utd

:'(
I know a friend who knows him. I've got several friends from Bombay Scottish so I'll try to find out about him ;)

Inigo Montoya

I know a friend who knows him. I've got several friends from Bombay Scottish so I'll try to find out about him ;)
TBH he looks like a big lad playing against small lads in those clips. Nothing appears wrong with his control etc but is he any better than kids we've got here? I suppose the trials will tell. It would be great though if someone did emerge from India

wr8_utd

:'(
TBH he looks like a big lad playing against small lads in those clips. Nothing appears wrong with his control etc but is he any better than kids we've got here? I suppose the trials will tell. It would be great though if someone did emerge from India
I doubt it. This is not the first time we have had some Indians going to United for trails. Infact several have gone to Arsenal for trials as well but nothing ever ends up happening.

Neutral

BTV
It won't mean anything for Indian football...it'll still be a sport mainly loved domestically by the Bengalis.

Football as an actual sport has a much tougher road to travel in India, than it did in the US, with the NBA, NFL, MLB. The cricket juggernaut will consume all.

ciderman9000000

Oh feck off.

I'm Indian myself so take flying feck you sanctimonious prick! Stick to finances, you seem to think you know it all on that score so keep your trite remarks to yourself.
:lol: i was joking, you tit, cool your bhajis.

To be honest i always thought you were Aztec.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Not a fan, he should stop running in slow motion.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Wow this guy is fecking talented.. Just check him out at 2:28 he does 3 totally different celebrations for 1 goal.. Incredible..

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Why do Indians look so old for their age? 15? or 35?

Christ, he looks older than me and I am many decades older than him.

davisjw

I don't think i've ever heard of an Indian football player before.
There's one I think playing in the US, other than that I too haven't heard of one.

Just imagine the wealth to be had there if you can find their version of Beckham (Park does it for us in Korea)... First you have to get them to like the sport first :nervous:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Absolutely nothing happens in that video....He controls a few wet bouncing balls in slow motion, kicks it over his head without looking, does a few other passes and shots we don't get to see the conclusion of then does some celebrations....He didn't ge a trail on the basis of that did he?...I could do that on Clapham Common.

kps88

Link? Haven't found anything related to the trial online.

Inigo Montoya

dude who started at newcastle then went to cardif....err ummm...whats his feckin name again? Chopra!
Mixed race...doesn't count;) Only joking. He's the closest an Asian has come to top flight football in this country.....mystifying really given how popular it is among British Asians, Indians and Pakistanis at least as a lot of Sri Lankans are taking to cricket

There was one from Mauritius who played for France...can't remember his name

Devilton

I don't think i've ever heard of an Indian football player before.
Baichung Bhutia (India's best player apparently) had a season at Bury but wasn't good enough (this was years ago). Leeds also had an Indian player (born in England though) called Harpal Singh. I remember this because at the time he was highly rated on FM. Turned out to be quite shit in real life.

There was one from Mauritius who played for France...can't remember his name
That would be Vikash Dhorasoo. Easily the most talented player of Indian origin in football. Was good enough to play for France during a time when France had an awesome team. Unfortunately he played in the same position as one of the all time greats. A certain Zizou.

Devilton

Just watched the video. So much wrong there. The 3 minute slow motion. The state of the pitch and the other players around him suggests he's playing in a very non competitive league (even for a schoolboy). Finally. Eye of the Tiger? Really? That song should only be used in a highlight film about a fighter preparing to knock somebody the feck out. Maybe the boys dad will remember that the next time he makes a youtube vid to promote his son.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Scored a hattrick after coming on within 30 mins in the U17's Helsinki Cup in Finland yesterday. Looks promising.

And no he's not with United at the moment.