Adryan Tavares

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Has anyone heard of this kid or his former teammate Rafael Leao, who apparently we signed not long ago.

Man United and Real Madrid eye Brazilian wonderkid Adryan | talkSPORT

Manchester United set to sign Brazilian starlet Adryan | Mail Online

Alex Ferguson is set to invite 16-year-old Brazilian Adryan to Old Trafford for training, but he’d better act quickly as Real Madrid are also keen on the striker.

Following the recent trial signing of defensive midfielder Rafael Leao - who appeared for United Under-18s at the weekend - Fergie now has his sights on Flamengo forward Adryan.

The 16-year-old has impressed in the South America Under-17 championships and plays primarily as an attacking midfielder.

United have a partnership with football rights agency Traffic and it was their tie-in that led to the arrival of Leao.
Is our team looking to be a future hotspot for Brazilians? Rafael, Fabio, Anderson and Rafael Leao are already here and Lucas da Silva and Adryan have been linked. I would not mind it at all.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I think Rafael, Fabio and Anderson have been more than linked.

Adryan's a striker? Quick, sign him up and get him here in time for the FAYC game.

RDCR07

I think Rafael, Fabio and Anderson have been more than linked.

Adryan's a striker? Quick, sign him up and get him here in time for the FAYC game.
I meant to say Lucas and Adryan have been linked. I will reword it.

jeston

Rafael Leao is just here on a loan right now.

And no chance we'll be signing Lucas Da Silva. Sao Paulo would only sell him for a ridiculous fee

RDCR07

Well that will be two starlet strikers from the South American continent we have signed if this deal goes through. We really have a young side in our books.

jeston

But anyway, Adryan..

He's an attacking midfielder not a striker.

Number 10 in this vid (he scores from about 3:06 & again at 6:18)

RDCR07

But anyway, Adryan..

He's an attacking midfielder not a striker.

Number 10 in this vid (he scores from about 3:06 & again at 6:18)

I read somewhere he was a midfielder too but the papers say he is a striker.

jeston

What do they know!

Nah if you look at the brazillian websites where they show international call-ups he's listed as a Mid/Attacking Mid.. And in the video he seems to be mainly playing wide left, but drifts inside and over to the right sometimes too

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
16 and from Brazil. Wouldn't see him until 2013. Not gonna bother with a transfer speculation that far ahead in time.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He scored twice for Brazil in the U-17 South American tournament. I might have to watch one or two of those matches.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Manchester United target Adryan scored another magnificent goal for Brazil's U-17 squad to increase his price-tag in Mexico.

The 16-year-old left-footed Flamengo prospect added to his tournament tally at the Fifa Under-17 World Cup with a smart turn and shot from the corner of the penalty area in his country's 3-2 quarter-final win over Japan.

United were linked with the teenager back in April after his performances for the young Brazil squad at the South American Under-17 Championships attracted the attention of the Reds' Brazilian scout John Calvert-Toulmin.

Reports suggested Sir Alex Ferguson wanted to invite the young playmaker over for a training stint at Carrington, but Flamengo have slapped a £12m price-tag on his head, despite the fact that he has not played a first-team game for them yet.

United were hoping to pay considerably less, fearing that a big fee may put extra pressure on the starlet, but his performances in Mexico - where he is in line to emulate United midfielder Anderson, who was named as the Fifa Player of the Tournament in 2005, appear to have put paid to that.

Real Madrid have also been linked to Adryan, who scored a stunning free-kick against Australia in the group stages.

United in clamour for Brazilian wonderkid | Setanta
That probably has something to do with this story that has been making the rounds today..

surf

Watched his game yesterday and he looks very talented, far above any of the England U-17 forwards, with the possible exception of Sterling. He'll miss the semi against Uruguay as he picked up a yellow and is suspended.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Lots of confidence, brave decision and knows how to shoot from angle.

Cool to see him linked with United.

davisjw

Wasn't overly impressed with him. Was fast and strong against a slow and weak japan so it's hard to tell how good he was but he had nice trickery. Didn't see much creativity so I'd take him only as a tradition number 10.

Was impressed with Japan's number 8. Anyone know much about him? Great creativity and two footed, was physically pushed around but you could see potential when he grows up.

letranger0

He's very good. I've watched all of Brazil's matches at the Sudamericano U17 and the U17 World Cup and for me he has been Brazil's best player. I won't go so far as to say Chelsea have bought the wrong 17-year old Brazilian since I trust their scouts will have seen more of Lucas Piazon than I have (and obviously they are much better at assessing a player's quality and future potential than I am), but based on what I have seen I like Adryan much more, and I hope he is someone our scouts are looking at.

Some of my thoughts on him were posted in the other Adryan thread:

https://www.redcafe.net/9607207-post31.html

Just a few quick thoughts to add to the above:

There is something a little Ravel-like in his dribbling and the way he just glides past players even though he isn't the fastest player in the world. His set piece delivery is really good. His best position is probably out on the left wing, cutting inside on his right foot, but of course he is versatile. Very exciting prospect.

Mainoldo

Watched him against Norway I think.... Looked a very confident lad. Would be a nice coupe. £12m though.. L.M.A.O

Virtuoso

United 'working on deal' for Brazilian whizkid - reports

Manchester United continue pursuit of starlet Adryan

Manchester United are working on a deal to bring Brazilain starlet Adryan to the club, according to reports.

The Daily Mail claims scouts from the club were dispatched to Mexico to watch the player score five goals in six games during the FIFA U17 World Cup, and have returned to Old Trafford suitably impressed.

An attacking midfielder who can also play as a striker, the 16-year-old has been on the Manchester United radar in the past, with Sir Alex Ferguson pushing to get the Flamengo starlet to the club.

Manchester United had previously attempted to bring Adryan to the club on a trial basis on a number of occasions, but were originally unable to persuade the player to travel to England for the opportunity back in January.

The Metro reported in April that Manchester United were again trying to get the player to the country to train with the club after impressive performances at the South American Under-17 Championship, but the Red Devils were again rebuffed amidst interest from Real Madrid.

Fresh paper reports claim Manchester United are now willing to make a deal with Flamengo for the player, who would follow in the footsteps of Rafael Leao, who signed at Old Trafford back in March after a similar pursuit by the Red Devils.
Manchester United continue pursuit of starlet Adryan | Give Me Football

We've been linked with Adryan Tavares for a few months now, these reports have been floating around today again. He's a very talented young player if the U17 World Cup is anything to go by, one of the best players at the tournament. We've obviously dealt with his club Flamengo before too with the Rafael Leao (loan?) transfer, and have quite a large scouting system set-up in Brazil so wouldn't be surprised if we're interested or have at least looked at him but whether we will (or even try to) get him is another matter.

RDCR07

I really wish we could work out a deal for this lad. He really seems talented everytime I have watched him play.

gaz1185

We're being linked to him again today alongside Barca. So yeah he's Brazilian - he'll go to Barca.

Champions League finalists Manchester United and Barcelona are set to go head-to-head once again, after both clubs made moves for Flamengo teenager Adryan.

United have been long-term admirers of the 16-year-old, and even attempted to take him to Manchester for a trial last April.

That move fell through, but Old Trafford representatives watched him again at the recent Under-17 World Cup in Mexico, and have now joined Barça in making contact with agent Rodrigo Pitta.

Pitta has confirmed talks have taken place, but warned interested parties must first agree a fee with Flamengo before more serious negotiations can begin. That appears to be easier said than done, however, with the Rio based outfit hopeful of keeping the exciting playmaker, who's contract expires in 2014.

Adryan has previously admitted his desire to be a part of the Flamengo first-team, something that was realised when he was included in the squad that faced Ceará last weekend.

Rumours in the Brazilian media this week suggested Flamengo may be prepared to negotiate on their £10million asking price if the player is signed and paid for now, but then allowed to stay with the Brazilian club until his 18th birthday before completing a move to Europe.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why don't they base shit like this on likelyhood? Barcelona doesn't have any money. We are only in the market for one WC players. That's the most the media knows or are let on to know.

They get away with it because football fans are like addicts in the summertime and will suck a dick to get a hit.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why don't they base shit like this on likelyhood? Barcelona doesn't have any money. We are only in the market for one WC players. That's the most the media knows or are let on to know.

They get away with it because football fans are like addicts in the summertime and will suck a dick to get a hit.
that makes no sense

RDCR07

What?!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

A 16-year old potential signing is a different kettle, both can buy him right now regardless of their declarations or financial state.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Rumours picking up we had scouts watching him today.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
What's the source gambit? Has he played for the first team yet?
Internet. Not found anything actually solid, hence why I said rumours, it's coming from a few local sources and making it' way to English today. One is saying we've paid 1.8 mil to have first refesual on him when he turns 18, another that we've paid 2mil and he will come over when he's 18, another that we haven't paid anything yet have offerd 2 mill and that Barca and Madrid are interested.
Tavares has played two matches for Flamengo in the Carioca championship, scoring a goal in the victory of the team led by Joel Santana front of Bonsucesso 4-0.

Ekeke

Always impressed me when I've seen him, although a lot of the time thats just highlights. But he looks like he'd be a great pickup for these prices mentioned and definitely has the talent to play at a top team in the future.