£100m transfer budget... apparently

Shaft

Glazer also wants manager Sir Alex Ferguson to stay on for another five years with a £100m transfer budget. (Daily Express, Daily Star)

ermmm...

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
20 million a season for new players?? Ok thats just another example for me that this guy has not got a clue how to run a football club, he has just told all other teams that we have 20 million every year to buy new players(if true) so you approach a club about a player and they simply check out to see how much cash you still have from the 20 million. Yup really great idea.
we can sign jack shit every year for 5 years

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
From what I read, if indeed it is 100 mil over 5 years, it would be a straight transfer kitty. We will have a base of 20 mil, and then whatever amount (if any!) from selling players/revenues/etc. added onto the 20 mil.

This being of course, we're not clawing our way out of debt.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Dont worry Martin Ferguson is on the hunt

032Devil

kanchelskis14 said:
For the same reason i don't want Keane for 5 more years i guess, he is no longer up to his [ast standards i feel.
Stupid arguement.

Keane is a player. Thus, as he ages, his standard will continue to fall.

Sir Alex is a top quality manager, in the middle of rebuilding his team.

It will take a couple more years before his team can tackle for top honours. Even with rebuilding, we won the FA Cup last year and are in the final this year.

I bet there are many a team that would love to be in our position.

always red

032Devil said:
Stupid arguement.

It will take a couple more years before his team can tackle for top honours. Even with rebuilding, we won the FA Cup last year and are in the final this year.

Well said mate ;) .... Well said

Drifter

American
032Devil said:
Stupid arguement.

I'm not sure Glazer can hang around two years why SAF gets his act together.And are you saying the likes of Spurs,Bolton,Boro,Everton ect would survive being 300mil in debt.I bet most of those clubs are glad they are not us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
kanchelskis14 said:
He can stick his 20m a season, and i don't want fergie for 5 more years either.
can you be anything other than negative?

all i hear from you is whinge whinge whinge

kanchelskis14

golden_blunder said:
can you be anything other than negative?

all i hear from you is whinge whinge whinge
Why is that a whinge. I can be nothing other than honest, i am not into this 'think positive' bullshit. I don't see why it is a 'whinge' to feel Fergie has done his time, it is an opinion, simple. But whatever. After all, he won us the treble, so give him a contract for life.

All these positive thinkers who were denying that we will not win the league for ages when i knew it was basically Chelsea's were criticisng those of us who faced the truth. Do you think i do not want to see a successful United or something?

Why can it not be considered 'positive' to want a new manager anyway, why is it 'negative'?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Im not just talking about your comments above

Ever since you joined the boards youve done nothing but moan about everything

Stamford Bridge

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already mad
ThomasM said:
he hasnt said that we have £20mill each year, its just rumours, and anyway,the rumours say that its a £100mill over 5 years and fergie decides how to split the money up. wich, in fact, is even worse.
£100mill this summer on more of the Djemba family.
£0 for the following seasons.

That ought to work out nicely. ;)

kanchelskis14

golden_blunder said:
Im not just talking about your comments above

Ever since you joined the boards youve done nothing but moan about everything
Not really as it goes. I just have my few things that i disagree with perhaps. And i think enough blindness, biasedness, and united are so great talk goes on here as it is without me having to add to it. If i was to say i didn't think a member of our team was as good as people made out, i would get criticised. If i showed SUPPORT to a member of the side, perhaps saying they should get a fairer hearing, i would get criticised, with people saying it is due to their nationality and other such rubbish.

When people come out and say that so and so has 4, 5 or 6 more years left, it often sounds like fantasical idealism to me, and i have no problems in saying so even if everyone else is getting out their kleenex at the possibility of a team with an average age of 35 leading us to Champions League glory, with Fergie at the helm of course.

In general, since i have joined the board, United on the field have declined, and perhaps it is only me who feels to reflect this in my posting.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Davo said:
The Spastics Society of Karnataka was founded in 1982. It aims to assist with the integration of children with disabilities into the mainstream community. The Society also works at creating awareness among people about prevention of disabilities such as cerebral palsy.
In the "Appropriate Learning" project, education is individually planned based on the abilities of the children. They try to provide the children with an education that will allow them to lead lives that are as independent as possible. This includes teaching basic needs such as math, language and environmental sciences. As the children grow older, other prevocational & vocational skills are also taught.

Shaft

Shaft said:
Glazer also wants manager Sir Alex Ferguson to stay on for another five years with a £100m transfer budget. (Daily Express, Daily Star)

ermmm...
we can buy over 10 ronaldos with this amount of money...

teague

Averaged over a few years we pretty much spend £20m a season already.
Here is our net transfer spending per year for the last 10 years:

2004 52.40
2003 -13.33
2002 36.20
2001 20.80
2000 -0.20
1999 8.25
1998 25.05
1997 7.60
1996 3.60
1995 -7.51

(This is per year rather than per season, in millions. And it based on the year when the transfer was made rather than when the money was spent/received.)

Over the last four years we have averaged 24.02m per year. Over 5 years it was 19.17m a year.

kanchelskis14

teague said:
Over the last four years we have averaged 24.02m per year. Over 5 years it was 19.17m a year.
And in all fairness, this year it would have been next to nothing, so at least we have a chance to CONTINUE with the trend.

devilish

So you believed the BS. There was money for a new keeper and despite the fact that Gill had stated there is no money left we did signed Mikel Obi for 4m haven’t we? So there were money allocated for new players this season!!!!!

Lmarco

devilish said:
So you believed the BS. There was money for a new keeper and despite the fact that Gill had stated there is no money left we did signed Mikel Obi for 4m haven’t we? So there were money allocated for new players this season!!!!!

Some say it was no more than 2M£ (+ extra fees) for Mikel so nobody can assure there was money for Mikel. Furthermore he is to join us in January 2006 so the transfer may be paid in 2006, nobody can say. As for the goalkeeper none has already signed, a few weeks ago there still was the rumor of Carroll gettin' a new contract.

Of course this whole Glazer thing is a catastrophy and 20M£ per year won't make anybody see him as a savior...But 100M£ on 5 years is better than the supposed to be...nothing (or almost) reported by Gill.

teague

Lmarco said:
Of course this whole Glazer thing is a catastrophy and 20M£ per year won't make anybody see him as a savior...But 100M£ on 5 years is better than the supposed to be...nothing (or almost) reported by Gill.
Gill only said that it was nothing this summer apart from money on a keeper if Carrol and Ricardo leave.
The reason there was no money for the summer was because last year we spent 50m+.
Gill would have definitely made money available in the next few years, probably averaging around 20m a year because that is what we have been spending in the last few years.
There really is little difference between Glazer's transfer spending plans and what we have already been spending on players.

edn33

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs, sign Mourinho and help me
032Devil said:
Stupid arguement.

Just as Keano ages and his standards fall, so too has Fergie.

Fergie has aged and his standards have also fallen!

Why do you think we have finished 3rd this season ???

devilish

It seems that the 100m will be above the PLC transfer budgets

zippy

edn33 said:
Why do you think we have finished 3rd this season ???
1. To much messing around with formations
2. To many players playing out of position
3. Rio not being in the team from the beggining of the season
4. 6 decent players out of a squad of about 25
5. Musical goalkeepers/crap goalkeepers
6. Poor transfer market deals

Next seaon will be even worse becasue of:

1. Glazer
2. No Rio
3. basically same squad as last year except older
4. low moral due to renaming of old trafford to 'Nike Arena'
5. More poor transfer deals
6. Wes Brown mistakes
7. Red Cafe's JasonRH continually crying about how all our problems are down to the boycott ;)
8. Even worse attmosphere at 'Nike Arena' than the last few seasons

I dare you to put a tenner on us winning the league - hey you'l get good odds though.

Yianni

zippy said:
1. To much messing around with formations
2. To many players playing out of position
3. Rio not being in the team from the beggining of the season
4. 6 decent players out of a squad of about 25
5. Musical goalkeepers/crap goalkeepers
6. Poor transfer market deals

Next seaon will be even worse becasue of:

1. Glazer
2. No Rio
3. basically same squad as last year except older
4. low moral due to renaming of old trafford to 'Nike Arena'
5. More poor transfer deals
6. Wes Brown mistakes
7. Red Cafe's JasonRH continually crying about how all our problems are down to the boycott ;)
8. Even worse attmosphere at 'Nike Arena' than the last few seasons

I dare you to put a tenner on us winning the league - hey you'l get good odds though.
No wonder you have been voted as the official muppet.

I voted for you by the way.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Until SAF sorts out his scouts and stops trying the bargain basement (which end up as expensive South American shite), I wouldn't let him spend a tenner not to mention £100M.