£160m conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

So seen lots of lists of ins and outs. This summer I expect a lot of outs with contracts ending and a few unhapy players, so I think we may spend more than the usual windows. But we have lots of positions need filling, so some names arent feasible without big sales.SO forgettign the sales, lets just try and fill our problem areas on a budget. You can use youngsters in some positions, but remember this is the FIRST eleven....who do you sign or play there for £160m?

RB
CB
CM
CM
RW
ST

For me,if we can get targets...

RB Nobody - would keep Bissaka and bring Laird in to the squad to compete
CB Arouji £40m
CM Kamara Free
CM Caqueret £30m
RW Sulemana £50m (yes more left sided but would put Sancho back to the right and let them interchange)
ST Giouri £40m

arthurka

So seen lots of lists of ins and outs. This summer I expect a lot of outs with contracts ending and a few unhapy players, so I think we may spend more than the usual windows. But we have lots of positions need filling, so some names arent feasible without big sales.SO forgettign the sales, lets just try and fill our problem areas on a budget. You can use youngsters in some positions, but remember this is the FIRST eleven....who do you sign or play there for £160m?

RB
CB
CM
CM
RW
ST

CB Arouji £40m
CM Kamara Free
CM Caqueret £30m
RW Sulemana £50m (yes more left sided but would put Sancho back to the right and let them interchange)
ST Giouri £40m
Oh please.
We will bring in Poch and sign Kane and that bloke from West Ham

Based Adnan

RB - Mazraoui free
CB - Tarkowski or Romagnoli free
CM - Neves ~£50m
CM - Tielemans ~£45m
RW - Antony ~£45m
ST - Belotti free

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
80m DM
80m CF

We can do one transition season with the rest of the squad.
The right player might cost £160m or might come for free. You can't just say "£80m, sorted". Look at Maguire.

I'd actually be quite happy with some of the lads who are available on a free, particularly if it allows us to spend big on another position. For example Kamara on a free instead of Tchouameni for £80m might then allow you to spend big on a class striker like Haaland or class RW like Antony, or get a couple of extra players that might have otherwise been off the table. Mazraoui at RB would also be a very exciting signing I think, free or not. A right back who can both cross and knows how to make good attacking runs!

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

RB
CB
CM
CM
RW
ST

CB Arouji £40m
CM Kamara Free
CM Caqueret £30m
ST Giouri £40m
Same, but I would probably go for Haidara over Caqueret, spend less on a CB and more on a RW (Nkunku?) and/or striker (DCL?).

kode

RB - Mazraoui free
CB Araujo - 40
CM Kamara Free
CM - Jude Bellingham - 70
ST - Darwin Nunez 50
ST - Belotti free

Giggsy13

Rudiger is a must. United need to do what they can to sign him, signing bonus, weekly salary lined up with Varane etc. This years transfer market is going to be a very interesting one with the number of talented players available on a free transfer. I think this will be the trend moving forward after agents and players see how much money they can pocket instead of transfer fee going to the club. Hopefully United are smart enough to use free transfers to strengthen- Rudiger, Kamara, Kessie and Dembele should all be seriously looked at.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hmmm

I think we should bolster the squad with free transfers and buy 2/3 expensive starters. Wage bill stays about the same and we spend a little more on transfers this summer. I reckon we’d be a much better squad for it.

freebies I’d be interested in. Belotti, Kessie, Kamara

Spend Big on the likes of Haaland, Bellingham, Gvardiol, Anthony and so on.

croadyman

The right player might cost £160m or might come for free. You can't just say "£80m, sorted". Look at Maguire.

I'd actually be quite happy with some of the lads who are available on a free, particularly if it allows us to spend big on another position. For example Kamara on a free instead of Tchouameni for £80m might then allow you to spend big on a class striker like Haaland or class RW like Antony, or get a couple of extra players that might have otherwise been off the table. Mazraoui at RB would also be a very exciting signing I think, free or not. A right back who can both cross and knows how to make good attacking runs!
Yeah with so many problem positions in this team we need to be smart and look for shrewd deals out there

Status
Not open for further replies.