İlkay Gündoğan 2023 - going to Barcelona

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Arsenal, aka Manchester City Second Hand
I'd take him at Bayern too, in fact, even though i'm not sure for whom he would slot in.

Ted Lasso

Hope he gets fat again and leaves football. Must have scored enough clutch goals for at least 10 points for City and now this cup winning double.

Raw

Could see the CL being a big factor in his decision. If they win it, he'll probably leave since he'll achieve all he can for them lot.

He's so annoyingly good at the end of each season. Also feels like he's always scoring against us?

Alfie092

Remember when LvG wanted Gundogan and we was reported close to signing him?

Ah man, what could have been! :( Saying that, 99% of players we sign turn into trash!

Skills

Snitch

Ah man, what could have been! :( Saying that, 99% of players we sign turn into trash!
LVG also turned down Toni Kroos.

We also wanted Fabinho and Bernardo Silva but Mourinho had his own ideas.

Managers egging us into doing dumb stuff has been the case for the last 10 years.

Real Name

I dont think he was ever close. It was just a short rumour.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
If he's free agent why can't we offer him a deal to play for us, he is just brilliant at playing football.

MUFC OK

Glad he's gone. Excellent player for City, especially in big games at the business end of the season.. and against us.

RVN1991

Thank god. Lost count of how many crucial goals he's scored for them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
De Jong is coming to us. Before I opened this thread I felt like I could only ever see Gundogan at Barcelona.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Combining him with De Jong and Pedri I don't think there would be a better midfield.

zaafi

Combining him with De Jong and Pedri I don't think there would be a better midfield.
You don't think that midfield would get carved through easily? It's probably the most aesthetically pleasing midfield, but will it actually work? I just don't see it as it lacks a holding/defensive midfielder. My bet is that one of these have to make room for another more defensive minded midfielder.

Rolaholic

Terrific signing for them wow, did not think they could make it work financially but it's a coup for them that they did.

Zen

City gonna have like 5 players by the end of this summer. Soon find out how good the robot truly is.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
You don't think that midfield would get carved through easily? It's probably the most aesthetically pleasing midfield, but will it actually work? I just don't see it as it lacks a holding/defensive midfielder. My bet is that one of these have to make room for another more defensive minded midfielder.
Yeah I agree with you. However, Xavi has recently played with 4 midfielders. If we get Sofyan Amrabat he could do the defending. A defensive midfielder is actually Xavi's priority.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think it's interesting that City let him go. Think they will find it very hard to replace him and I don't think Kovacic will do it.

Came up clutch for them a number of times in the run in

BerryBerryShrew

We could be bitter about him fecking up our chance of winning the FA Cup, but instead I'll tip my hat to him for single handedly winning City's last match of the 21/22 PL to deny the Scousers.

Best of luck Gunders!

Stadjer

I think it's interesting that City let him go. Think they will find it very hard to replace him and I don't think Kovacic will do it.

Came up clutch for them a number of times in the run in
They didnt ‘let’ him go. He seems to have decided himself he doesnt want to sign a new contract. Not much they can do then

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They didnt ‘let’ him go. He seems to have decided himself he doesnt want to sign a new contract. Not much they can do then
I understand that but they let it get to the point where he walked away for nothing on his terms.

AndyMUFC

He's been a proper clutch player for City the last few years. They'll definitely miss him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I understand that but they let it get to the point where he walked away for nothing on his terms.
If he doesn't want to sign a contract, he doesn't want to sign a contract, there's bugger all any club can do about that, Man City included

Lee565

Watch him become injury ridden again without man city's "special" medical treatment

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Watch him become injury ridden again without man city's "special" medical treatment
Nope, he's decided he's too old to run around in the cold and rain and decided to have some sun and a little less running