2-0 Win vs. Everton at Old Trafford | New Stadium Plans | Liverpool Preview - United Hour Podcast

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nik(@Rood) and Ed(@That'sHernandez) discuss United's comfortable, yet pretty uneventful 2-0 win over Everton at Old Trafford. They also talk about the redevelopment of Old Trafford, United's Women's Team, Southgate's upcoming England squad and preview the big game against Liverpool in the FA Cup.

https://x.com/United_Hour/status/1768374314313654623?s=20

What are your thoughts? Enjoy Ed being back on the pod?

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, social media, Patreon, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Hope you guys enjoyed the episode! Any questions or thoughts for next time?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I like the idea of a Wembley from the north. The public funds could be paid back in the form of a profit sharing scheme surely?
Its a great idea in theory, unlikely to get any public funds for the actual stadium (opposition fans' piss boiling if we did would be great though!) but getting assistance for improving the surrounding area is possible

Plus pushing this as a consultation with the council and various other parties involved should help speed through any planning processes - likely this is going to take several years still though

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Its a great idea in theory, unlikely to get any public funds for the actual stadium (opposition fans' piss boiling if we did would be great though!) but getting assistance for improving the surrounding area is possible

Plus pushing this as a consultation with the council and various other parties involved should help speed through any planning processes - likely this is going to take several years still though
I'm guessing the optics make the funds for profit sharing a political non starter? Theoretically, there's nothing seemingly stopping it from a business sense?

In the US, the billionaire owners usually threaten to move their team unless they are given some public funds with favourable loan terms. At least it seems that way, I've never really dug deeper into the machinations.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'm guessing the optics make the funds for profit sharing a political non starter? Theoretically, there's nothing seemingly stopping it from a business sense?

In the US, the billionaire owners usually threaten to move their team unless they are given some public funds with favourable loan terms. At least it seems that way, I've never really dug deeper into the machinations.
West Ham are on some kind of profit share deal on the Olympic Stadium so not unheard of even in this country

Also City got the stadium originally built for the Commonwealth Games

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
West Ham are on some kind of profit share deal on the Olympic Stadium so not unheard of even in this country

Also City got the stadium originally built for the Commonwealth Games
That's promising I guess. I think Ratcliffe's financial clout ironically make it a harder deal to pull off. A billionaire using public funds! Even if it's a beneficial deal.

West Ham and City did them a favour anchoring these newly built venues. What would have become of these venues without anchor tenants?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That's promising I guess. I think Ratcliffe's financial clout ironically make it a harder deal to pull off. A billionaire using public funds! Even if it's a beneficial deal.

West Ham and City did them a favour anchoring these newly built venues. What would have become of these venues without anchor tenants?
Yes but they got a competitive advantage over other clubs who have to find the money themselves for a new stadium - I remember Spurs in particular moaning about this over the Olympic Stadium

And yes the optics of Britain's richest man asking for public assistance is not great to say the least !