2020 Summer Transfer Window - Transfer Deadline Day!

Leethal

Am I right in saying we can buy someone like Sarr until the 16th Oct?
Don't want. We have enough dog shit at the club without adding another mediocre player. I'd rather nobody, which sadly, looks to be the case.

starman

It would be nice if we could get at least a few players confirmed by now, we are in for 6 at the moment, nothing over the line yet with 8 hours to go...

prateik

So what's the deal with Partey? He has been linked with Arsenal..
27 (not saying he is old.. but not some young talent) .. been at Atletico for 8 years.. has had a reasonable release clause (~£40m) for years.. and yet no one has signed him... and its not like he has crazy high standards if he is considering joining Arsenal.
Has just 27 caps for Ghana too..

So.. why does the caf rate him so highly ?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
27 (not saying he is old.. but not some young talent) .. only played for Atletico for 8 years.. has had a reasonable release clause (~£40m) for years.. and yet no one has signed him... and its not like he has crazy high standards if he is considering joining Arsenal.

because we ain’t getting him

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
27 (not saying he is old.. but not some young talent) .. only played for Atletico for 8 years.. has had a reasonable release clause (~£40m) for years.. and yet no one has signed him... and its not like he has crazy high standards if he is considering joining Arsenal.

"Running a lot" is always highly rated here

croadyman

It would be nice if we could get at least a few players confirmed by now, we are in for 6 at the moment, nothing over the line yet with 8 hours to go...
Quite honestly right now I would rip your arm off for a window of

VDB
Telles
Cavani
Dembele (loan/permanent)
Traore
Pallestri

Siorac

27 (not saying he is old.. but not some young talent) .. been at Atletico for 8 years.. has had a reasonable release clause (~£40m) for years.. and yet no one has signed him... and its not like he has crazy high standards if he is considering joining Arsenal.

He's probably seen as a somewhat limited player who is perfect for a team like Atlético who average 45% possession despite being a top team in La Liga. The ideal workhorse for Simeone's style.

But I don't know honestly. Maybe he just really loves Madrid (the city, I mean).

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
what really dumfounds me is not being able to sell players who want to leave and are wanted by other clubs... it's almost as if Did Harding and Matt Hancock are running the club!

Adamsk7

The problem with this window is the expectation of Sancho. Now, anything else looks trash.

The reality is VanDe Beek was a GREAT signing at a brilliant price
Telles is also a quality player at a brilliant price
Cavani..where do you get a striker that good for free? I personally think he’s gonna do great.
Traore/Pallestri, highly rated youngsters, exactly who the club should be signing, along with all the other great recruitment for the youth team.

it’s a good window, we’re stronger BUT because our star signing hasn’t come in, it looks far worse. It looks even worse because we’ve lost 6-1.

I don’t believe we are as bad as the hyperbole on here suggests, we’ve just had a bad start. So have City. Liverpool haven’t covered themselves in glory, Leicester either...
Just getting fed up of this disaster talk based off a couple of results, some bad form and believing everything bullshitter journalists say.

SirMattlives

The problem with this window is the expectation of Sancho. Now, anything else looks trash.

The reality is VanDe Beek was a GREAT signing at a brilliant price
Telles is also a quality player at a brilliant price
Cavani..where do you get a striker that good for free? I personally think he’s gonna do great.
Traore/Pallestri, highly rated youngsters, exactly who the club should be signing, along with all the other great recruitment for the youth team.

it’s a good window, we’re stronger BUT because our star signing hasn’t come in, it looks far worse. It looks even worse because we’ve lost 6-1.

I don’t believe we are as bad as the hyperbole on here suggests, we’ve just had a bad start. So have City. Liverpool haven’t covered themselves in glory, Leicester either...
Just getting fed up of this disaster talk based off a couple of results, some bad form and believing everything bullshitter journalists say.
Basically share this view. All the talk on Sancho tends to have set up expectations which register disappointment if not attained. Might like a stronger center back option but I'm also of the view that we should not give Smalling away if we can get another season out of him as he's more reliable than most of the alternatives we have. Play him, replace him next window and consider it reasonable business.

humdinger

This must be the busiest deadline day we’ve ever had. Really doesn’t paint us in a good light to be scrambling around on so many last minute deals. I have no idea what’s going on.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not to split hairs but the deal is costing the better part of £30m, no such thing as a free lunch... :lol:

lex talionis

Sure, we've made a couple of good signings but we really should have brought in Sancho. United are a club that considers itself to be among the elite on the planet and we should be doing better than bringing in solid squad players and ones for the future.

Tel074

If anyone had any doubt about how incompetent our owners and board are then today is surely the deciding factor.
We needed a RW and a CB so we buy a striker a LB and a bunch of kids .

GET THE FU.K OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU PARASITES

el3mel

That is way too much for an 18 years old kid. He better an absolutely wonder kid to deserve such price.

croadyman

If anyone had any doubt about how incompetent our owners and board are then today is surely the deciding factor.
We needed a RW and a CB so we buy a striker a LB and a bunch of kids .

GET THE FU.K OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU PARASITES
Yeah this has to lead those pair of clowns resigning from the football side of the business. Clearly we decided to go for squad depth over a top class talent in Sancho

el3mel

Nooo why the number 7 out of all shirts ? Way to kill the excitement out of this. I will now keep picturing Sanchez in my mind whenever he plays. :nervous:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The Indy seems to have picked up on what I said:

Liverpool and Bayern Munich are now seen as likelier destinations for Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho next summer after Manchester United's failure to secure his signing

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The Indy seems to have picked up on what I said:
Liverpool and Bayern Munich are now seen as likelier destinations for Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho next summer after Manchester United's failure to secure his signing
Yeah, as I've said before, I really do think that we have pissed on our chips, I would be amazed if we ever see Sancho in a United shirt now.
Apparently his 'people' have called United a circus....which wouldn't surprise me if they have..!!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yeah this has to lead those pair of clowns resigning from the football side of the business. Clearly we decided to go for squad depth over a top class talent in Sancho
I off to germany.. going to go into BMW and offer them 10 euros for a brand new model... and tell them Woodwank sent me

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Got say I'm utterly shocked how much money the Premier League spent this summer. The level of recklessness is just bonkers when you consider pretty much every club is losing money and likely to consider loosing money all season.

We are going to see several clubs is massive financial trouble in the next year or so.