• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Pat_Mustard

NM

Pat_Mustard Tactics:

Formation: 4-3-3 False 9

• Socrates effectively has a free role here as a False 9, a role he has played for Brazil before. Wonderfully creative with a nose for goal himself, he'll be our main creative outlet in the final third, looking to play in the prolific wide attackers Rensenbrink and Salah.
  • Our midfield is both defensively robust and incisive, with the consumate DM Voronin, B2B dynamo Vidal, and the magnificent needle-player Modric.
  • A pair of FBs well suited to providing width to our attack: Bundesliga's top-scoring defender ever Bernard Dietz, and the dynamic, versatile Bonhof.
NM Tactics:

Central Defense: Vasovic will serve as a sweeper with Terry and Campbell being the hard tacklers next to him. They will also give him the opportunity to step upfield when we have the ball.

Wing backs : Junior on the right, will be the creative outlet for the team. On the left, Czibor is a winger, but is known for putting in a shift. Obviously the hope is he does more damage to the opposing RW then is done to him.

Midfield: A balanced midfield with Busquests at the base, Vieira as the B2B and Laudrup given creative freedom at the tip. Focus is to control the midfield as the full-backs provide width. With the ball, the team will look to dominate by sheer numbers and will look to Laudrup, Junior, Czibor and the strikers to be creative (tbh, Vieira and Busquets are great with the ball as well)

Attack: Batistuta is the complete striker and Romario will play off him. Between the two of them, goals galore! I think the combination would do very well.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Socrates isn't a bad choice for a F9. Has the talent and a decent scoring record to bring that attack together.

Not sure what's going on with NM defence. Feels very cobbled together.

Giving this to NM as I think his attack will have an advantage over Pat's Def line.....slightly.

NM

Socrates isn't a bad choice for a F9. Has the talent and a decent scoring record to bring that attack together.

Not sure what's going on with NM defence. Feels very cobbled together.

Giving this to NM as I think his attack will have an advantage over Pat's Def line.....slightly.
I thought I had my right back (for some reason thought I picked Dani Alves, but I never did :lol::lol:). Otherwise that team (4-4-2 diamond) would be one of my better draft teams.

I actually think Pat's False 9 works in my favor as each of my 3 defenders now have clear opponents, making life easier for my wingbacks.

NM

Leaning towards NM but Terry as LCB in a back 3 is just weird I think. Almost as weird as Czibor playing wingback.
He's RCB, not LCB. Regardless, tt was never the plan. I messed up (thought I had picked a right back but I didn't) and so had to make last minute changes to the 3-5-2. Regardless, I think his false 9 plays into my hands tbh. Overall, I have better individuals, and my defenders have clear opponents which I'm hoping makes a difference.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
My main problem is I can't judge Dario Pereyra - for now assuming he's "just" a good CB, but happy to be educated. @Pat_Mustard

As it is, I think Pat's wide forwards are a major threat to NM's flanks, same as NM's ridiculous attacking trio to Pat's center. I really like both midfields.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
My main problem is I can't judge Dario Pereyra - for now assuming he's "just" a good CB, but happy to be educated. @Pat_Mustard

As it is, I think Pat's wide forwards are a major threat to NM's flanks, same as NM's ridiculous attacking trio to Pat's center. I really like both midfields.
This post has @antohan assessment of Dario Pereyra.

Enigma_87

You know who
Really unfortunate for NM. Fantastic team, minus the RB issue.

Even with this it's really close for me and that striker duo fed by Laudrup can cause some damage.

Have you thought of playing some sort of 4-4-2 with Czibor right wing, Laudrup left and Vasovic with a man marking sorts of tucked in RB role against Rensenbrink?

Solid team from @Pat_Mustard . I really like the midfield and attack. Hansen and Dietz need upgrading though.

NM

Really unfortunate for NM. Fantastic team, minus the RB issue.

Even with this it's really close for me and that striker duo fed by Laudrup can cause some damage.

Have you thought of playing some sort of 4-4-2 with Czibor right wing, Laudrup left and Vasovic with a man marking sorts of tucked in RB role against Rensenbrink?

Solid team from @Pat_Mustard . I really like the midfield and attack. Hansen and Dietz need upgrading though.
Don't think Laudrup on the left will get votes / mileage.

I skrewed up so I deserve to lose this. It is what it is. I genuinely think even this team has a good shot but can see why the messed up formation means I will lose.