Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Isotope:

Pat_Mustard:

Isotope Tactics:

The Team focuses on quick transitions to launch attacks, with Netzer pinging passes utilizing our quick wing forwards to take advantage of relatively slow (one of) opponents centerback.

Gunter Netzer plays deeper role, connecting team’s midfield and attack. Cristiano Ronaldo pairs up with Fachetti on left side. Puskas, known for his record-setting 404 assists and an incredible 708 goals, maneuvers in and out of the striker role on that False 9 position. While Eusebio takes on attacking free-role on the right side, capable of dropping deeper when needed.

Note: Kyle Walker, well-known for his ball progression ability and electric acceleration has been pocketing Neymar, Vinicious Junior, and Mbappe in big games.

Pat_Mustard Tactics:

Formation: 4-3-3 False 9

• Against an opposition with such a wealth of individual attacking talent, we aim to deprive them of the ball as much as possible by adopting a heavily possession-orientated game plan. As lavishly gifted as the opposition attackers are on the ball, there's a collective lack of defensive work rate there that should play into our strategy.
  • To that end, we've continued with Barthez in goal ahead of Southall due to his comfort with the ball at his feet and at moving off his line.
  • There's a strong seam of technical quality throughout the team, from the silky Hansen and Amoros in defence to Socrates up front as the F9, and particularly in midfield, where new signing David Silva should combine with Voronin and Modric to play keep-ball with aplomb.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Very close. Isotope has more GOAT power in offense, but pretty much everyone is a primary scorer and/or carrier. I think it's too much to really gel, especially peak Cristiano I like more with matching supporting actors. (I get the idea behind F9 Puskas, but it doesn't quite save it for me.) Pat's pure individual level isn't as high in attack, but the mix is really good. And Salah has done more than enough by now to feature regularly in drafts like this one, so I don't count him as a lesser name.

Give this to Pat, all things considered.

Edit: Gotta do something about Barthez, though @Pat_Mustard :D

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Feels like Bentancur would be the better choice in that Socrates role, @Pat_Mustard

Anyway... wish me luck.

Last edited: