4 Way Draft - QF: General vs Enigma

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
GENERAL:

ENIGMA:

GENERAL:

Tactics
: The 4-3-3 false 9 with Cruyff overloading the midfield.

Line: Moderately high-line

From what Enigma has picked, it's pretty interesting how he will play and cope with this game. I have to be pragmatic but stick to the same formation and philosophy. Van Basten is an important part of this game since I'm sure he will start him. So, I drop Koeman and then put Kohler instead of him. I still trust Dias as a starter in this game because I want two no-nonsense defenders who are great enough on the ball in this match due to Enigma's dangerous attacking unit. Voronin comes instead of Golcaves as a new defensive midfielder. I know the quality of Zico, and he is pretty hard to shut down. However, the physicality and defensive ability of Voronin will make him in trouble as hard as you can get. As I want him to limit Zico's influence in this game. Otherwise, it's still the same.

All of my full-backs are over 180 centimeters and can tuck in to help my center-back partnership in an aerial duel against Marco.

ENIGMA:

Formation: 4-3-1-2
Defence:

At the heart of the defence we have the classic sweeper/stopper combo in Moore and Forster. Breitner will be in his early left back role where he can sure forward and provide width on the flank but also overload the midfield and score an occasional stunner from outside the box. Zanetti in his attacking role providing width on the right, manning the flank

Midfield:
Cerezo
in DLP role, flanked by two box to box midfielders in Schuster and Lerby providing the energy in their natural roles on the right and left side accordingly. Zico is the link between the midfield and attack playing in the hole.

Attack:
Young van Basten in his Ajax prime form alongside peak Fenomeno from his Barca/early Inter days.

Player profiles in up until they became 23:

Thibaut Courtois - Two times Zamora trophy and goalkeeper of the season for 12/13, as well as CL team of the season. Won the PL with Chelsea in his debut season as well.
Paul Breitner - His early Bayern days and 1974 WC where he was still 22. 3 BL titles on the trot, a WC and a EC winner. Twice kicker team of the season, in the team of the EURO's and WC.
Karheinz Forster - Kicker team of the season and EURO's winner in 1980.
Bobby Moore - FWA Footballer of the Year in 1964, West Ham player of the year in 61' and 63', FA cup winner in 63/64 season.
Javier Zanetti 30+ - Bar the UEFA cup he won all his silverware after his 30th birthday.
Toninho Cerezo - Campeonato Mineiro winner in 1976, 1978, Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A 1977 runner up, Bola de Prata winner in 76,77, Bola de Ouro winner in 77.
Bernd Schuster - Ballon dor runner up in 80', third in 81', CWC winner with Barca in 81/82 and Copa del Rey winner 80/81.
Soren Lerby - Three times Eredivisie winner and 1 cup in his Ajax days.
Zico - 2 times bola de Prata winner, 1 Bola de Ouro. 55 games - 40 goals season in 1975, 50 games - 30 goals in 74, and 47/32 the year he was turning 23.
Marco van Basten - Basically his Ajax career scoring 154 goals in 174 games. He won 3 Eredivisie, 3 KNVB Cups and 1 CWC.
Ronaldo - at his peak.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Enigma makes me a bit surprised that he didn't start Facchetti, especially in the narrow formation. But anyway, I understand his reason for starting Breitner.

Wil see the discussion from others and thanks for setting up Pat @Pat_Mustard

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
Enigma makes me a bit surprised that he didn't start Facchetti, especially in the narrow formation. But anyway, I understand his reason for starting Breitner.

Wil see the discussion from others and thanks for setting up Pat @Pat_Mustard
Lerby played on many occasions as left midfielder or even left winger in his career:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/soren-lerby/leistungsdaten/spieler/95374

and Fenomeno also peels into channels so I’m not worried about our left side being narrow.

it also helps Breitner to play his natural free roaming left back role which he played in his first Bayern stint and for Germany.

Although I’d loved Facchetti but unfortunately it’s not in my team:D