4 Way Draft - QF - Skizzo vs Sjor

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
SKIZZO (30-RETIREMENT):

SJOR (DEBUT-22):

SKIZZO:

Formation 4-3-3
30-Retirement, with one debut-22 player.

Small adjustment to the personnel from last time, with Makelele slotting into his preferred role, and peak-Scholes coming in to be the creative force next to the all-action Nedved.

Young George Best coming in on the right wing, meaning we now boast four players who have won the Balon D’or during the drafted years.

The defense is rock solid and backed up by Schmeichel. Cafu would offer a lot of support to Best who would be the creative outlet for the attack.

Scholes will ping the passes around from the midfield, with Nedved looking to bomb forward on the inside left channel. Post-30 Benzema has been a revelation and highlighted not only his ability to link up with other attacking players, but be the focal point of the attack and score from any situation.

SJOR:

Going even more direct now with Matthaus and Rooney added to the mix. It wont be hoof it or long ball galore but a quick transitional football through quality possession(in terms of pure playing style(not formation obviously) Klopp's Dortmund comes to mind).
Immense defense at the back with pretty much peak Matthaus surrounded by two young best midfielders i ever saw and all three add something unique to the mix while all three should play nicely together. Up top replaced Grande Alex with Rooney to get a bit more workrate of the ball in both offensive and defensive phase + Rooney as the ultimate support player will glue the team perfectly while offering a bit more protection on Cesc's side(not that he needs it in mid 3 with a back 3).

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
What a difference in Skizzo’s midfield from the first round.

Rooney and Pele are a cracking under 22 partnership.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
very, very similar to the german team in the 90 WC that gave best version of matthaus and cemented him forever in elite tier of midfielders

Skizzo

All four of them won the award during the years they’re picked for here. While it’s unfair to necessarily judge players who haven’t yet “peaked”, comparing Balon D’or winning Nedved and prime Scholes against Pedri and young Fabregas. Plus if we’re judging based on the age picked, Matthaus turned 30 after the 1990 World Cup, so his performances there, while elite, aren’t yet relevant to him here.

Šjor Bepo

All four of them won the award during the years they’re picked for here. While it’s unfair to necessarily judge players who haven’t yet “peaked”, comparing Balon D’or winning Nedved and prime Scholes against Pedri and young Fabregas. Plus if we’re judging based on the age picked, Matthaus turned 30 after the 1990 World Cup, so his performances there, while elite, aren’t yet relevant to him here.
well aware of that but its close and his skillset didnt change over night.

also what does young cesc mean? because IMO that version of Cesc is easily the best one.

Skizzo

well aware of that but its close and his skillset didnt change over night.

also what does young cesc mean? because IMO that version of Cesc is easily the best one.
I know it’s close, but fine margins and such.

I don’t have anything against young Cesc at all, I prefer the same one you have before he went back to Barca. I didn’t mean to unfairly group him into a criticism :lol:

Šjor Bepo

congrats @Skizzo , tbh if i was a neutral id vote for you as well.
While i love my team im not 100% sold on Cesc in this specific team + you just have better players, closer to peaks and team that tactically works. Two minor things i dont like, not sure about Gento as wide forward and Cannavaro is meh 30+ from memory, thats his Madrid version right?

Skizzo

congrats @Skizzo , tbh if i was a neutral id vote for you as well.
While i love my team im not 100% sold on Cesc in this specific team + you just have better players, closer to peaks and team that tactically works. Two minor things i dont like, not sure about Gento as wide forward and Cannavaro is meh 30+ from memory, thats his Madrid version right?
cheers mate.

yeah I’m trying to figure out how to shuffle things around a bit. Gento wasn’t his peak self at this point, so doesn’t really have much oomph there.

Cannavaro would have been at the end of his Inter spell, both seasons at Juve, and then Madrid…with the 2006 World Cup in there.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Great teams, I missed the vote. Skizzo got a great team there would probably have got my vote just because i don’t like sjor. Would be very close though
only joking sjor, love you really

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
cheers mate.

yeah I’m trying to figure out how to shuffle things around a bit. Gento wasn’t his peak self at this point, so doesn’t really have much oomph there.

Cannavaro would have been at the end of his Inter spell, both seasons at Juve, and then Madrid…with the 2006 World Cup in there.
I thought that most of the best football of his club career came around 2004-2006. Fell off a cliff after the World Cup but he’s got a very solid 3 years in the timeframe here.

I wasn’t sure about the Matthaus pick. Hits 30 at the peak of his powers but he only really had a year or so before he did his knee in April 92 and he never quite hit the same heights as a goal scoring box-to-box man. In the context of this game a more reserved / defensive brief which he showed for the rest of the whole decade fits quite well.

Šjor Bepo

I wasn’t sure about the Matthaus pick. Hits 30 at the peak of his powers but he only really had a year or so before he did his knee in April 92 and he never quite hit the same heights as a goal scoring box-to-box man. In the context of this game a more reserved / defensive brief which he showed for the rest of the whole decade fits quite well.
Yeah saw that, but liked that part as that version fits nicely with Cesc and Pedri and if i can get a bit of magic(which he had even in 99 let alone rest of the 90s) thats a great deal for me.