6 Nations Rugby Official Thread

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Kicks of this Saturday

Italy v Wales (13.30)
England v France (16.00)

Sunday February 16
Scotland v Ireland (15.00)

I think it will be the most competitive for years. All in all it should give us all an idea as to how much England will win this years World Cup by.

Originally posted by Dans:
<strong>Official??</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just called it official so the thread would be taken that bit more seriously.

Originally posted by bazalini:
<strong>Kicks of this Saturday

Italy v Wales (13.30)
England v France (16.00)

Sunday February 16
Scotland v Ireland (15.00)

I think it will be the most competitive for years. All in all it should give us all an idea as to how much England will win this years World Cup by.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Baz, last match of the tourament, Ireland v England for the Grand Slam (it's on a Sunday though).

Potentially a great year for the Irish, just hope we don't slip up to the minnows of Wales or Italy.

Six Nations Fixtures
Date Teams KO Venue Preview
15 Feb 2003 Italy vs Wales
13:30
Rome (Stadio Fl Preview
15 Feb 2003 England vs France
16:00
London (Twicken Preview
16 Feb 2003 Scotland vs Ireland
15:00
Edinburgh (Murr Preview
22 Feb 2003 Italy vs Ireland
14:30
Rome (Stadio Fl Preview
22 Feb 2003 Wales vs England
17:30
Cardiff (Millen Preview
23 Feb 2003 France vs Scotland
14:00
Paris (Stade de Preview
08 Mar 2003 Scotland vs Wales
Edinburgh (Murr Preview
08 Mar 2003 Ireland vs France
Dublin (Lansdow Preview
09 Mar 2003 England vs Italy
London (Twicken Preview
22 Mar 2003 Wales vs Ireland
Cardiff (Millen Preview
22 Mar 2003 England vs Scotland
London (Twicken Preview
23 Mar 2003 Italy vs France
Rome (Stadio Fl Preview
29 Mar 2003 Scotland vs Italy
Edinburgh (Murr Preview
29 Mar 2003 France vs Wales
13:00
Paris (Stade de Preview
30 Mar 2003 Ireland vs England
Dublin (Lansdow Preview

Here is my analysis on the England France game. England are probably favourites, but consider the following:

1) France are 6N champions and haven't lost a game of consequence in about 18 months
2) France are the last side to beat England in Twickenham in the 6N
3) England are missing TWO of their world-class players in Dawson and Vickery, and bar Wilkonson, arguably their two most important players
4) England have a new centre with NO experience in the position, repeat NO experience - he is an outhalf
5) Dawsons replacement Gomersall, doesn't do well behind a pack that is not getting its own way
6) France while they have lost Pieter De Villiers have replaced him with no less than Christian Califano, only 30 years old - young for front row, and one of the best players in the world
7) England have a strong scrummaging prop in Julian White, who often runs foul of referees - most notably against Ireland 2 years ago - against the same ref. Said player has also not played for 3 weeks because of a knee ligament injury and must be doubtful for the game
Frances lineout is outstanding, while England are going in with only 2 recognised jumpers and a back row which consists of three fine players, but lacks balance, especially if they lack the ball
9) Merceron is an excellent kicking outhalf and Englands back three, while excellent going forward is piss-poor in defence. Ben Cohen wouldn't even tackle a ham sandwich!

Overall, home advantage is huge, but France shade it for me in every department otherwise - with the possible exception of goal-kicking. It may well be close, and if anything I'd go for France -

England all the way Baz.

francerugby.jpg

Oh dear wales lose to Italy. Good job they have learnt how to play football these days!