9 Players To Be Released (CBJ, Ramazani, Mitchell, O'Hara, Hamilton, McGhee, Tanner, Barlow, Fojticek)

Web of Bissaka

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
In a few appearances CBJ delivered more dangerous crosses than Shaw has in his entire career.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I must have missed where delivering crosses was the fundemental job of a left back.
The best left back we've had in nearly two decades couldn't cross to save his life.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The best left back we've had in nearly two decades couldn't cross to save his life.
Thats true but the game has moved on.

My post was a jibe at Shaw. He is a really good defender and is actually a very good player but his crossing and attacking instincts are holding him back.

Also CBJ had a decent cross on him.

foolsgold

Very surprised at Ramazani as he's looked decent whenever I've seen him, thought he'd be extended and loaned out. Might not have made it at Utd but there seemed to be a premier league player there

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Very surprised at Ramazani as he's looked decent whenever I've seen him, thought he'd be extended and loaned out. Might not have made it at Utd but there seemed to be a premier league player there
Did he perhaps declined to renew or asked to leave?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Thats true but the game has moved on.

My post was a jibe at Shaw. He is a really good defender and is actually a very good player but his crossing and attacking instincts are holding him back.

Also CBJ had a decent cross on him.
Do you really not think Evra in his best years would be great for this team?

I've no strong opinions on CBJ. I think he played well a few times without ever looking like a potential long term solution.

foolsgold

Did he perhaps declined to renew or asked to leave?
Apparently so, he rejected a contract because the money wasn't enough. Fair enough we shouldn't be paying 18 year olds who have achieved nothing big money.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
This just goes to show all of us it is hard to predict which youth players will make it. When I saw CBJ a few years back I was impressed and thought he was likely to one day be with the squad and maybe become a starter. I liked his technical skills, he was athletic and he looked like he wanted to learn. I wonder what happened? Anybody have some insite?

Dve

I´m a bit surprised to see Ramazani on the list as well as I´ve seen him praised by many. He´s quite small though (only 5.5). I like physical players, so for me, no tears (and that´s also why I´m not so fuzzed about Gomes maybe leaving as well).