Academy against Liverpool

julesee

how come the academy highlights are not being shown?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
United's Academy teams both showed poor form in the duel with Liverpool at the Kirkby Academy.

It cold blustery conditions, unsuited to good football, the under 18's battled hard but were not able to show enough in front of goal and conceded ten minutes into the second half....from then on Liverpool showed more determination and as the more physical side could have scored once or twice more before full time.

Team: Amos, Derbyshire, Eckersley, Strickland, Chester, Drinkwater, Eikrem, Hewson, Brandy, Fagan, Welbeck.

Subs: Bryan (7), Cleverley (2), McCormack, Cathcart

In the Under 16 game, United took a two goal advantage, both from David Williams, before Liverpool pulled one back just before half time. In the second half United didn't look half teh team and Liverpool became more dominant scoring the winner with a few minutes to go.

Final score: 2-3

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
United's Academy teams both showed poor form in the duel with Liverpool at the Kirkby Academy.

It cold blustery conditions, unsuited to good football, the under 18's battled hard but were not able to show enough in front of goal and conceded ten minutes into the second half....from then on Liverpool showed more determination and as the more physical side could have scored once or twice more before full time.

Team: Amos, Derbyshire, Eckersley, Strickland, Chester, Drinkwater, Eikrem, Hewson, Brandy, Fagan, Welbeck.

Subs: Bryan (7), Cleverley (2), McCormack, Cathcart

In the Under 16 game, United took a two goal advantage, both from David Williams, before Liverpool pulled one back just before half time. In the second half United didn't look half teh team and Liverpool became more dominant scoring the winner with a few minutes to go.

Final score: 2-3
Thanks !Good to see that Cleverley is back. He and Welback seem to be ragarded by the coaches as u-18s players this season although they are 15/6. Do you know any more about who played in the u-16 game?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
oskarutd said:
Thanks !Good to see that Cleverley is back. He and Welback seem to be ragarded by the coaches as u-18s players this season although they are 15/6. Do you know any more about who played in the u-16 game?
Team: Triallist Keeper, Dudgeon, Moffatt, Norwood, Gill, Potts, Stewart, James, Williams, Bryant, Triallist

Subs: Lampkin (7), Ajose (11)

I couldn't find out any info about the two triallists........

PS18

jules031272 said:
how come the academy highlights are not being shown?
I suspect it'll only be home games and away games at proper grounds like the Britannia - not sure how feasible it'd be setting all the equipment up at what tend to be training grounds without proper facilities for TV.

julesee

nah usually the case we get all the highlights includign the away games..but no sign of the Liverpool game

PS18

ah, didn't realise that. don't watch mutv except for live games on the interweb.

still, from my limited experience (an aborted media tech degree), delayed highlights and a live broadcast are very different things with the latter requiring greater equipment/effort/expense that the club may not yet see as worthwhile.

Einar15

Tony do you have any more info on the swiss triallist that played for the u-16s against stoke couple of weeks ago, just his name or somethng?? ... Plus its nice to see Tom Cleverley back.

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
Team: Triallist Keeper, Dudgeon, Moffatt, Norwood, Gill, Potts, Stewart, James, Williams, Bryant, Triallist

Subs: Lampkin (7), Ajose (11)

I couldn't find out any info about the two triallists........
Thanks !
Were would we be without you?

Might the trialists be Devlin and Brandao?

M160RA

Could it be that Danny Philliskirk kid from Oldham?

M160RA

TonyPark said:
No...they were two players I have never seen before.......

I will try to find out more info over the next couple of weeks...
Thanks, Tony. Do you know whether or not we've signed up Philliskirk, or is he back with Oldham?