4. Scott Wootton
5. Oliver Gill
6. Matt James (c)
7. Ra'vel Morrison
8. Oliver Norwood
9. Federico Macheda
10. Davide Petrucci
11. Robbie Brady

Not sure on the subs yet. We're 1-0 up through Petrucci, can't describe the goal yet as it was an early one scored before I got my telly on. Good game so far from what I've seen.

PS18

2-0 Reds, Petrucci again. Brilliant work between Brady and Dudgeon down the left, Brady's ball played Dudgeon into acres of space down the left and he had an age to pick out Petrucci for the tap-in.

PS18

Brady's wide on the left, having a good game so far (him and Morrison are swapping wings occasionally).

PS18

3-0, another goal for Matt James after 35 mins. Great run, found perfectly by a lovely ball in behind the defence by Tunnicliffe, rolled past the keeper and in, eventually, off both posts.

PS18

Good start to the second half, Norwood going very close with a freekick.

51 minutes in and Paul McGuinness has taken the chance to rest our two Italians ahead of the Chelsea game on Thursday - Stewart and Brandao (numbers 15 and 16) on for them.

PS18

Ajose (#14) for Brady after 61 mins, Brady had just got himself booked which probably played a part in him coming off.

PS18

4-0, Brandao wins and scores a penalty (79 mins). Defender was holding his shirt as Evandro tried to turn and get a shot away, penalty rightly given and he sends the keeper the wrong way.

PS18

4-0 it ends, excellent performance. Blackburn were poor but United gave them no chance at all.

Quite a niggly game, three bookings for each side - Macheda, Brady and Morrison for us, the latter two for over-exuberant challenges and Kiko for what seemed to be a bit of handbags with their centre-half.

Everyone played well really, if I had to single a couple of players out it would be Joe Dudgeon, excellent at left-back at both ends of the pitch again, and young Morrison, who was terrific. Real contender for a place in the starting XI on Thursday I'd have thought.

ANWAR

really impressed with morrison, hope he continues his development, he could turn out to be a class player.

Virtuoso

Davide Petrucci was a class act throughout the first half, not just the goals but all of his link up play was top notch. Very clever on the ball and his decision making is special for one so young.

Matt James is quickly becoming a monster of a player in the middle, already scored triple the goals he had last season in half the games. Ra'vel Morrisson was impressive too. Would like to see Robert Brady impose himself on matches more often, looks a bit out of the loop during attacks though he did show moments of real quality at times and definitely puts in a good shift.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Thanks for all the in depth descriptions... Petrucci seems to be doing well.. it wont be long till he will command a regular spot in the reserves I hope... How many reserve matches has he played? 1 game I think...

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
What type of player is James?
Somewhat of an all-action midfielder this season. While originally a midfielder he was mainly used in defence last season, so the defensive part of his game is very good. His passing is good, he's got a great shot on him and he makes clever, powerful runs into the box where his size gets him a few headed goals. He's The Captain, capital t, capital c, a role he's had for England as well. The one thing he lacks imo is a wee bit of pace. But it sure as hell isn't holding him back at this level.

PS18

I think the lack of pace is overplayed a bit. He's no speed merchant but the more I see of him, the more I think he looks slower than he actually is, maybe down to his physique. I've never really seen him outpaced by anyone and he pretty regularly powers past people. I don't think it's anything that will hold him back at any level.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I think the lack of pace is overplayed a bit. He's no speed merchant but the more I see of him, the more I think he looks slower than he actually is, maybe down to his physique. I've never really seen him outpaced by anyone and he pretty regularly powers past people. I don't think it's anything that will hold him back at any level.
Marvin Pourie last season comes to mind.