Academy v Barnsley Away (30.04.11)

dan_alex

Team-
1 Johnstone 2 Massacci 3 Blackett 4 M Keane 5 McGinty 6 Charni 7 Lawrence 8 Lingard 9 W Keane 10 Daehli 11 Van Velzen

According to "thisistheone99" on twitter.

It's currently 1-0 to United, Will Keane scores on 49 mins.

If you are sent off for dissent 3 minutes before the end in a match that means nothing - knowing you will miss the FA Youth Cup final - you aren't exactly a rocket scientist!

We've got Leeds on May 7th before FA Youth Cup finals, why he's gonna miss the final?

It would be 3 matches if it were a straight red though, right? But it depends how the ban works now. Usually the ban would start in 14 days and last for 3 first team matches.. But we only play 2 domestic games after 14 days.

Official United site says he's like to miss the first leg of the final, for whatever that's worth.

If you are sent off for dissent 3 minutes before the end in a match that means nothing - knowing you will miss the FA Youth Cup final - you aren't exactly a rocket scientist!

Was it a straight red for dissent? Even so, you only 3 matches for dangerous tackles. In other words, if he got a red for a fight, I believe that's two matches. Red for denying a goal scoring opportunity and 2nd yellow is one match.

I see your point, but personally I think I'll wait until I've seen the incident before I draw any such conclusions. Also, I don't think any match at this level is meaningless. These are young, ambitious lads desperate to take the next step. While the odd match towards the end of the season might be somewhat unimportant in terms of result, there's never any shortage of pressure.

Awesome, G2. A great end to a great day. As always, thanks a million.