Academy versus West Brom

jb8521

Penalty for a foul on Ajose saved by the keeper to deny Petrucci his hat trick

jb8521

Great save by the keeper, not a bad penalty from Davide at all.
No it was actually in the corner very good save. Its amazing how often players on a hat trick miss penalties. Tom Thorp will be black and blue after this the amount of blocks hes gotten in.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Crap! Would that not have been his 1st Hat trick? How much time is left?

jb8521

feck me just saw Petrucci's goal, stunner!!! The kid is gonna be a superstar
5 goals now in 12 starts and 1 sub appearance for him and I'm sure more will follow now he's hitting his stride. Very impressive

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Man my internet connection is not fast enough so streams are no good.. and barely ever are there highlight online.. Life sucks..

Virtuoso

Davide Petrucci has so much to his game and can play in a few positions, could really go far. Both goals demonstrated something different in his technique; the first was a beautifully curled effort that dipped into the far top corner while the second was a straight power drive into the near corner. Excellent performance by him all round and the side as a whole really turned it on today.

cj_sparky

Sounds like it was a cracking game, will their be highlights anywhere of this does anyone know?

lysglimt

Scout
It's impressive how well this team is doing - especially as Macheda and James now apparently have left the academy-team permanently!

And to be quite honest - I really can't see how long a player like Petrucci should play here either. He is reaching the point where he is too good

There are some great midfielders/attacking midfielders coming up from the academy/reserves now - Cleverley, James, Drinkwater, Petrucci, Norwood, Tunnicliffe, Rodrigo, Gibson - I ll leave Hewson out as I think his days are numbered.

And most of these players are so good that we realistcally can expect to get a decent transfer amount for quite a few of them even if they don't make it.

jb8521

Anyone about morrison performance???
Was on the pitch about 25 mins and again looked very classy every time he got the ball. The lad is a really incredible dribbler and beats at least 1 or 2 men every time he gets the ball looks a real prospect

lysglimt

Scout
Thorpe and Petrucci the men of the match.

Petrucci with those 2 wonderful strikes - but also for some of the stuff he showed in addition to the goal. He has a great vision and his skills with the balls can only be matched by Morrison

Thorpe basically got in the way of everything WBA threw at us - he reminds me a bit of Gary Pallister when he first joined us. Very good at getting his body in the way - and reads the game exceptionally well.

Norwood also had a very good game - he seems to have improved significantly since James joined the reserves. At times he was a bit anonymous when James played - but now he is running the show and he seems to like it. A super match against Liverpool before christmas and another good game today.

jb8521

Thorpe and Petrucci the men of the match.

Petrucci with those 2 wonderful strikes - but also for some of the stuff he showed in addition to the goal. He has a great vision and his skills with the balls can only be matched by Morrison

Thorpe basically got in the way of everything WBA threw at us - he reminds me a bit of Gary Pallister when he first joined us. Very good at getting his body in the way - and reads the game exceptionally well.

Norwood also had a very good game - he seems to have improved significantly since James joined the reserves. At times he was a bit anonymous when James played - but now he is running the show and he seems to like it. A super match against Liverpool before christmas and another good game today.
Yeah Thorpe was fantastic again hes really shored up the defence the last couple of games. The three lads from the under 16s have been very good since coming into the side

RedPhil1957

It's impressive how well this team is doing - especially as Macheda and James now apparently have left the academy-team permanently!

And to be quite honest - I really can't see how long a player like Petrucci should play here either. He is reaching the point where he is too good

There are some great midfielders/attacking midfielders coming up from the academy/reserves now - Cleverley, James, Drinkwater, Petrucci, Norwood, Tunnicliffe, Rodrigo, Gibson - I ll leave Hewson out as I think his days are numbered.

Not a bad start to his time at Hereford started on his debut and they won 5-0 against Oldham --- played very well apparently.

lysglimt

Scout
Not a bad start to his time at Hereford started on his debut and they won 5-0 against Oldham --- played very well apparently.

No - I am sure he can do a pretty decent job at good teams - but he turns 21 this year and I don't think he deserves to be a regular for the reserves. Drinkwater, James, Cleverley, Gibson to name 4 have all been better than Hewson this season. And when we also have Tunnicliffe, Norwood, Petrucci and Rodrigo in addition to the first-team players - nah!

Sam Hewson has had his chance - and unless he turns brilliant over night at Hereford - I think he will leave in the summer!

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian

A couple of points.....

1. It is his first season at the club and he is still young with lot's to learn. While he played well on Saturday, in other games he has been very quiet with virtually no influence on the game. So clearly consistency is an issue.

2. There is no point pushing him into the reserves with Drinkwater, Eikrem, James, Possebon, Martin, Gibson and even Ollie Norwood ahead of him. He won't get the games to progress.

Let's see how the second half of the campaign pans out and hopefully he will get a couple of chances.