All Football matches in England to be played behind closed doors. Could take effect as early as today. | Times report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Old news.

Now that La Liga has suspended their leagues more pressure will be on us to suspend rather than closed doors as we saw with PSG last night it does not work.

Merseyside Derby is not going to be closed doors. Fans will be outside the stadiums.

Judas

Open to offers
This is kind of old news already is it not? Bit mad when it was only from last night, but with this situation changing so quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't even the case by the end of the day and season is completely put on hold.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is simply not going to work either because we're getting news of players and club staff getting positive results now. Games will be suspended entirely soon fans or no fans.

Season over? Could be.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maybe close this thread until it's actually confirmed? The timing of the thread gave the impression it was the outcome of the COBRA meeting.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Suspend the season. Move the Euros to next year. Pick up the season again when the outbreak has calmed down.

Rafaeldagold

It makes the competition unfair for the home team being behind closed doors & reduces the spectacle to nothing really.

Either has to be postponed or carry on I think

Bojan11

It makes the competition unfair for the home team being behind closed doors & reduces the spectacle to nothing really.

Either has to be postponed or carry on I think
How is it unfair? Worked for city in the last decade.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Suspend the season. Move the Euros to next year. Pick up the season again when the outbreak has calmed down.
Yep. Even if it means the players get less of a Summer bread that can be worked out. They would be able to break during the suspension.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nothing really to pick up at this point. The league will become a dud with registered players out of contract and transferring to other sides. By all means finish the cups but the league can just be forgotten at this point. Give the UCL spots to last years qualifiers and allow the winner of this years Europa League to qualify for the UCL in place of the banned Man City.

Status
Not open for further replies.