8. Kapil Dev (2)
9. Shahid Afridi (5)
10. Wasim Akram (1)
11. Damien Fleming (3)

Skills

Snitch
Team Harshad

Why I would win?
- Great Opening Batsmen + a solid middle order + Match Winners in Stokes and Pandya
- Goat spinner in Murali
- Malinga and Ambrose are great wicket takers and both are hard to score quick runs against especially in the death overs

Skills

Snitch
Team Michael

1. Brendon McCullum
2. Jason Roy
3. Greg Chappell (7)
4. Javed Miandad
5. Mushfiqur Rahim (+)
6. Steve Waugh (*) (6)
7. Chris Cairns (4)
8. Kapil Dev (2)
9. Shahid Afridi (5)
10. Wasim Akram (1)
11. Damien Fleming (3)

Batting
Our team will look to get off to a fast start with both of our openers (McCullum and Roy) having a strike rate of more than 100 when opening. Our fast start will be consolidated by a middle order consisting of Greg Chappell who has the third highest Career Peak ODI Batting Rating ever according to the ICC Player Rankings; Javed Miandad who has the seventh highest Career Peak ODI Batting Rating according to the ICC Player Rankings and was a great ODI finisher; Rahim who since 2014 has an ODI average of 49 from 101 innings and Steve Waugh. Our innings will then be finished off with the big hitting power of Chris Cairns, Kapil Dev, Shahid Afridi and Wasim Akram. Chris Cairns has the 14th most ODI career Sixes. For players with at least 1,000 ODI runs, the only player that has a higher strike rate than Kapil that had made their ODI debut when Kapil played their last ODI was Ian Smith (who only averaged 17.30). Shahid Afridi has the 4th highest strike rate of players that have scored at least 1,000 runs in ODI's. Wasim Akram has the 29th most ODI career Sixes. The batting order is flexible in that Cairns, Kapil and Afridi will move up the order if necessary in the last 10-15 overs of the innings.

Bowling
Our star bowler is Wasim Akram with his deadly swing and yorkers who will take the new ball along with Kapil Dev (Career Economy Rate of 3.71 and the 17th highest Career Peak ODI Bowling Rating ever according to the ICC Player Rankings) with Damien Fleming and Chris Cairns as change bowlers. Shahid Afridi will be the team's main spinner. Death bowling will be mainly done by Wasim Akram who is one of the greatest death bowlers ever, Damien Fleming who got chosen to bowl the high pressure final over of the 1996 and 1999 World Cup Semi-Finals for Australia despite McGrath and Warne playing in both of those matches and Steve Waugh who was a great death bowler particularly during the 1987 World Cup.

Skills

Snitch
Afridi at 9?
Seems about right.

I think Michael wins. Harshad's top order is better but Michael makes up for it with a much deeper batting line up and even a lower order that can swing. Harshad's 20 overs without Murali, Malinga and Ambrose are going to be painful for him

Norris

Seems about right.

I think Michael wins. Harshad's top order is better but Michael makes up for it with a much deeper batting line up and even a lower order that can swing. Harshad's 20 overs without Murali, Malinga and Ambrose are going to be painful for him
Hasn't he batted at the top order for most of his career? I've seen him bat at 6 or 7, but no later than that

Skills

Snitch
Hasn't he batted at the top order for most of his career? I've seen him bat at 6 or 7, but no later than that
There's two versions of Afridi. Boom boom at the top earlier in his career, and then the crafty bowler later in his career (2007 onwards). Think the latter was a more valuable ODI player - even though he didn't offer that much with the bat

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Seems about right.

Michael for me for these reasons. I don't think harshad's TO is leagues better either.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Michael for me for these reasons. I don't think harshad's TO is leagues better either.
I'd agree with that as well, can't see only the three top-level bowlers being enough. Relying on bits-and-pieces players to bowl 40% of the overs in a series is just way, way too much. Voting very tight though!

Skills

Snitch
Super Over Rules

Both managers to sent in the following.

Bowler - xxxxx (Choose one bowler)
Options: Yorker, Bouncer, Good Length (can choose only one for a ball, only two bouncers allowed, only 3 yorkers possible)
Ball 1 -
Ball 2 -
Ball 3 -
Ball 4 -
Ball 5 -
Ball 6 -

Batsmen - xxxx / xxxxx (Choose two batsmen)
Options - Pull, Drive , Slog (Choose one shot selection against each of 6 hits below.)
Hit 1-
Hit 2-
Hit 3-
Hit 4-
Hit 5-
Hit 6 -

---------------------------
Scoring Rules:
  1. Pull on Bouncer = 6 runs
  2. Slog on Bouncer = Out
  3. Drive on Bouncer = No run
  4. Pull on Yorker = Out
  5. Slog on Yorker = 2 runs
  6. Drive on Yorker = 6 runs
  7. Drive on on good length = Out
  8. Pull on good length = 2 runs
  9. Slog on good length = 6 runs
  10. If two wickets fall then innings is over
  11. The team which scores most run wins, if even that is tied then one with least wickets lost wins, if even that is tied then one with most 6s wins. If even that is tied then we go again.

@Michaelf7777777 @harshad

Skills

Snitch
Team Michael Batting first. Rohit Sharma up against Brendan McCullum / Kapil Dev

Ball 1 - Bouncer - Pulled away for a 6.
Ball 2 - Yorker - Slogged for a 2
Ball 3 - Length - Out. Tried to drive a good length ball.
Ball 4 - Yorker - Out. Tried to pull a yorker
Ball 5 - Yorker
Ball 6 - Bouncer

8 runs for 2 wickets

Team Harshad chasing 8 runs. Malinga and Murali up against Wasim Akram

Ball 1 - Bouncer - No run. Tried to drive a bouncer
Ball 2 - Bouncer - Pulled away for a 6.
Ball 3 - Good Length - Out. Tried to drive it.
Ball 4 - Good Length - Slogged away for a 6.
Ball 5 - Good Length
Ball 6 - Good Length

Harshad wins 12/1

@Michaelf7777777 @harshad

Interval

Level
Ranatunga and Yousuf in the middle :lol:

That running between the wickets is going to be legendary

Stokes will have a seizure playing with them 2