Anderson: Has he lost his acceleration?

Mainoldo

I think we should loan him out to a club where he is guaranteed first team football, he is clearly not good enough for united in his current form and we cant afford to keep carrying him in the hope that he will improve; were already doing that with enough players.
:houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::yawn:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Anderson has been a disappointment in general since he arrived - I can only remember a few games where he impressed - however we were saying exactly the same thing about Nani this time last year so I still hold hope but this season is make or break for Ando.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He was doing alright in the first half next to Carrick, before Giggs got his untimely injury and we ended up strangely pushing him on the left. Thats when the game ultimately went tits up, not to mention it was two defensive errors which lead to us drawing yesterday.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Anderson hits back at reports
Midfielder speaks out after rumours he wants to quit Old Trafford.

Manchester United midfielder Anderson has hit back at claims that he is ready to quit Old Trafford and return to Porto.

The Brazil international, who signed for Sir Alex Ferguson's side from the Portuguese giants for £17.5m in 2007, was quoted as saying that he wished to return to his former club.

That fuelled speculation the 22-year-old was unsettled at the club after suffering with injuries and a loss of form over recent seasons.

And with reports of a breakdown in his relationship with Ferguson, Anderson admitted that a second stint at Porto would appeal to him.

However, the player has hit back at those claims, stating: "One day, at the end of my career, I'd like to return to Porto.

"One day is not today."
If anyones interested. Actual hitting back may or may not be present.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
He was doing alright in the first half next to Carrick, before Giggs got his untimely injury and we ended up strangely pushing him on the left. Thats when the game ultimately went tits up, not to mention it was two defensive errors which lead to us drawing yesterday.

I pretty much agree with this.

Anderson will play an important part this season for us.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
For a brazilian, Anderson really does seem to have poor technique with the ball. He always seems to get overly-excited when the ball comes to him and ends up having a poor touch or making a poor pass. It really is a make or break season for him and he needs to start improving big time.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He looked slimmer to me though maybe i'm blind but he also looked for the ball ensuring he was always involved in the game. If he can keep doing that and keep up his fitness he's a major plus for us.

Dion

Looks like he's still carrying about 1-2 stone too much
What do you expect him to do? If he loses 2 stone he's going to have to cut his arms off donate all his internal organs.

Point Prunier

He's seems to have been given a bit more of an attacking role.

I think the reduced discipline associated with his role will help him no end. A lot of his game was being stifled in the holding role. But I’m kind of glad he cut his teeth back there, at times he acquitted himself admirably; in the future it'll prove invaluable experience.

Really hope we persevere with Ando.

Ringo 07

He was phenomenal today. He offers so much more than Carrick and Fletcher when it comes to providing the forwards with what they need. Maybe Anderson with Fletcher behind him could be a very nice pairing although Carrick is playing good too. But even Fletcher will not get dropped when fit. Shame Anderson only scores in Brothels as he would be even more frighteneing if he added goals in there!

redwhiteblack

He was awesome today, if he played for a different team and put in a performance like he did today, people would be saying we should sign him as our 'Scholes replacement'.

Good news - we've already got him. Let's just keep our fingers crossed he can find some real prolonged form now.

Neutral

BTV
Aside from the opponent, I think the key tonight was, as others have mentioned, he and Carrick sorted out nice and early who was doing what.

Carrick sat back, and did all the mopping up, allowing Ando to concentrate on driving forward, and also giving him the freedom to move around across midfield. All of which greatly enhanced his effectiveness.

Not sure how many other combinations this will work with...

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
He was great today. Slimmer too. Fast to pass and move into space. So, yeah..he's faster

M160RA

Anderson is at the point where most central midfielders start entering their best years. I just hope he stays injury-free.

redwhiteblack

Anderson is at the point where most central midfielders start entering their best years. I just hope he stays injury-free.
22? I'd argue that Central Midfielders' best years are generally between 25 and 30.

He definitely still needs to be shown a little patience, his role is one that takes a few more years to really master.

beardsleybob

This advanced position is hopefully permanent and not just sporadic like in the past. He's learned a little discipline so I'm looking for him to be unleashed higher up the pitch. Linking up with the attackers will invariably cause some gaps in the defence.

CommAndo

zub2007

Not too sure on his acceleration but had a very good game yesterday