Andreas Pereira - SIGNED FOR FULHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Lazio are considering bringing back Andreas Pereira on loan again. They want to see how he fares under different tactics and a different head coach in Sarri.

Source: Corriere della Sera
Obviously it would be pretty illogical to ship him out again to where he just completed a very unsuccessful loan. I wonder if he cannot be flogged somewhere for 4-5m with some sell-on percentage.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'd just get him out the club for 5 million. He'll never be good enough to us, I think its best to get what we can for him now and move on.
Yeah 5/10 million and a fat sell on clause. Let the next club worry about his further development and chances. He’s not good enough, he's had ample opportunities here and at smaller clubs. He’s a squad player for a mid table team.

48 hours

I'd just get him out the club for 5 million. He'll never be good enough to us, I think its best to get what we can for him now and move on.
This. From all the unsuccessful loans he’s had, I don’t see how we could get much more for him. If Lazio can’t scrape that together, flog him somewhere else

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Won't make it for us but still has decent potential as a number 10 or 8 for a mid level team.

Gandalf

On the record now as saying he thinks the PL is too physical for him and he would prefer a club in Spain or Italy. Fair play to him for being self aware and not trying to blame anyone else for his inability to break through here. I hope he gets a good move and we get something to put towards strengthening the team.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think he'd suit the Italian league.

Last edited:

rakesh289

It's still heartbreaking to see the players we had during the first half of last decade, who were brilliant at academy, not making the step up.

We had seen players who were too good for academy like daehli, will keane, michael keane, jesse, januzaj, james wilson, pearson even petrucci, tom thorpe.Not many have made it out of that generation, just shows how important it is for the club to have a structure and a stable environment to bring through academy players.

Andreas is a decent player, good workrate like a true united academy graduate.But not the level we need at united right now

Reactions: Sultan

OleGunnar20

Can't believe he's 25. Progression wise he'll be miles behind his contemporaries, a shame really. Hope he does well, always seemed a hardworker.

Gandalf

He didn't feature much this season just gone. Hopefully this upcoming season is a better one.
Seems to have been a Manager issue from all of the talk over there. It seems the fans wanted him to play more and the media and the club hierarchy thought he looked good when he played but the Manager just wouldn't pick him. It is why they have were already talking about another year even before Sarri signed on. If Sarri actually wants him it might work out but if I was Pereira I would want some assurances from the man himself because this next decision is huge for his career.

Judas

Open to offers
A sad reminder how that step up from youth level can be very harsh. He looked so unbelievably promising back in the day, now he's somehow 25 and he's just a very average player in truth.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Seems to have been a Manager issue from all of the talk over there. It seems the fans wanted him to play more and the media and the club hierarchy thought he looked good when he played but the Manager just wouldn't pick him. It is why they have were already talking about another year even before Sarri signed on. If Sarri actually wants him it might work out but if I was Pereira I would want some assurances from the man himself because this next decision is huge for his career.
Fair enough if the fans genuinely wanted him to play and if Sarri wants him. But the minimum we should be looking to do is obligation to buy then. Milenkovic-Savic linked with a 50m move to Liverpool. I think they'll have some money to spare.

A sad reminder how that step up from youth level can be very harsh. He looked so unbelievably promising back in the day, now he's somehow 25 and he's just a very average player in truth.
He is half way through his career - and he’s a nothing player. Needs to drop a level and go somewhere next year where he can play 50 games and hopefully kick on from there.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
im very disappointed he never translated his youth football exploits to the senior game. surely he is leaving now
I watched him here at the U20 WC for Brazil and he was amazing, I thought we had bought a pretty special talent for the future. It just never happened though.
What the goal in the video doesnt show you was the dribbling moments before the goal on the left wing.

Red00012

Could we change his nationality to English and get £25 million for him.

Ali Dia

Sadly the truth. Didn’t Liverpool somehow convince Bournemouth to pay £20m apiece for Ibe & Solanke?
the difference is Liverpool sell them while they are still young and exciting but they are certain they are not quite good enough for their first team. They are all u21 internationals and all that. Our problem is we hold onto players for too long until the value totally falls out of them. They are running the academy like a business. They also always put their kids in the shop window in the cups.

We could have got double for pereira instead of sending him on the last few loans and giving him his last deal.
TFM we could possibly have sold for more if we’d cashed in before he got injured. The time to sell Williams is probably now or after a loan if you have faith him in to keep improving. Nick Powell was another we probably could have made our money back on if we sold after a season or two.

If you have doubts at all flog them early while the hype is still high and keep the squad fringes turning over. It’s time to sell Chong this summer but we have him on high wages for his current standard. I bet it’ll be hard to find a decent buyer willing to take him on more than those wages. The bigger clubs will just wait till his contract runs down now if they want to gamble on developing him. He could do great somewhere like Celtic or back in Holland I think.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Chelsea or Liverpool would somehow flog him for £15m.
They sell better because their players are generally never allowed to sit around depreciating. If a player isn’t in the plans, he’s on loan earning or retaining value. We like to keep ours around more, and then they also sell at the right time. The key difference here is they don’t only sell rubbish players, they sell players who have shown themselves to be good but not the best. Tomori, Hoever, Pasalic, Aina etc are the type of players we will keep until they are worth 1.5m. Chelsea would probably get £20m for James Garner this summer, having decided that while they think he’s good, they don’t think he’ll be world class.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
the difference is Liverpool sell them while they are still young and exciting but they are certain they are not quite good enough for their first team. They are all u21 internationals and all that. Our problem is we hold onto players for too long until the value totally falls out of them. They are running the academy like a business. They also always put their kids in the shop window in the cups.

We could have got double for pereira instead of sending him on the last few loans and giving him his last deal.
TFM we could possibly have sold for more if we’d cashed in before he got injured. The time to sell Williams is probably now or after a loan if you have faith him in to keep improving. Nick Powell was another we probably could have made our money back on if we sold after a season or two.

If you have doubts at all flog them early while the hype is still high and keep the squad fringes turning over. It’s time to sell Chong this summer but we have him on high wages for his current standard. I bet it’ll be hard to find a decent buyer willing to take him on more than those wages. The bigger clubs will just wait till his contract runs down now if they want to gamble on developing him. He could do great somewhere like Celtic or back in Holland I think.
Do you care though?

I actually prefer our method which translates into the most minutes for academy graduates in our first team, rather than a few extra million quid.

Ali Dia

Do you care though?

I actually prefer our method which translates into the most minutes for academy graduates in our first team, rather than a few extra million quid.
I really think you can do both if you’re ruthless about it. You should be able to tell at 20/21 if a player is going to make it at the very top level or not. We need to cut ties if at that age they aren’t of the required quality or mentality. A few games in the first team just to make sure we aren’t making a mistake but 9 times out of 10 you’re doing the right thing and smaller clubs will develop the players better than we can afford to. Currently McNeil at Burnley, Johnston or Keane are probably the best players we’ve let go of that are in direct competition with us. Good players but not earth shattering misses.

It would be good to get paid a bit more and use that money to further reinvest in the squad. Just going to use Williams as an example. I’d rather sell Brandon Williams tomorrow for 15 million to a club that will play him every week if we could use that to go and sign Nuno Gomes for 45. That’s a major upgrade for 30 million with a potentially generational player coming in. If we sit on Williams for another few years as a squad player and put him over 100k a week and then what? He’s just been a backup that hasn’t pushed the quality of the squad at all, that more than likely rarely ever plays and ends up making the club much less money when he is eventually transferred out.

Last edited:

RedDevilzFox

He is a crap player that scores a FK or two every year. Don't even care where he goes so long as he doesn't come back to stink the place.

Bwuk

Talented player with good technique, but not got the brain to play at a higher level.

Hope he does well wherever he ends up.

hubbuh

They sell better because their players are generally never allowed to sit around depreciating. If a player isn’t in the plans, he’s on loan earning or retaining value. We like to keep ours around more, and then they also sell at the right time. The key difference here is they don’t only sell rubbish players, they sell players who have shown themselves to be good but not the best. Tomori, Hoever, Pasalic, Aina etc are the type of players we will keep until they are worth 1.5m. Chelsea would probably get £20m for James Garner this summer, having decided that while they think he’s good, they don’t think he’ll be world class.

Very good points here. I wonder if the new youth setup will take a more cut-throat and proactive stance towards how we deal with academy players? The current method doesn't seem to benefit anyone, as the players don't develop enough as they aren't getting enough experience and exposure and thus their value and potential dwindles, while at the same time that lack of experience means they can't be relied upon to be useful squad members when the manager needs them.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Yep. It doesn’t help us giving out fairly “decent” contracts in terms of wages either. Always seems to come back to haunt us

georgipep

I really think you can do both if you’re ruthless about it. You should be able to tell at 20/21 if a player is going to make it at the very top level or not. We need to cut ties if at that age they aren’t of the required quality or mentality. A few games in the first team just to make sure we aren’t making a mistake but 9 times out of 10 you’re doing the right thing and smaller clubs will develop the players better than we can afford to. Currently McNeil at Burnley, Johnston or Keane are probably the best players we’ve let go of that are in direct competition with us. Good players but not earth shattering misses.

It would be good to get paid a bit more and use that money to further reinvest in the squad. Just going to use Williams as an example. I’d rather sell Brandon Williams tomorrow for 15 million to a club that will play him every week if we could use that to go and sign Nuno Gomes for 45. That’s a major upgrade for 30 million with a potentially generational player coming in. If we sit on Williams for another few years as a squad player and put him over 100k a week and then what? He’s just been a backup that hasn’t pushed the quality of the squad at all, that more than likely rarely ever plays and ends up making the club much less money when he is eventually transferred out.
Very good points here. I wonder if the new youth setup will take a more cut-throat and proactive stance towards how we deal with academy players? The current method doesn't seem to benefit anyone, as the players don't develop enough as they aren't getting enough experience and exposure and thus their value and potential dwindles, while at the same time that lack of experience means they can't be relied upon to be useful squad members when the manager needs them.
That's the thing about nurturing young talent. Ruthless is probably the polar opposite of what you should be doing if actually want to have academy superstars. Kids have fragile minds, they are inconsistent, even the most talented of them (we have the recent examples of Rashford and Greenwood). I doubt that we would have seen McTominay, Williams or Tuanzebe get more than a couple of starts before being sold if they were at Chelsea, for example. Maybe they would have had a couple of loans and then being sold without actually stepping foot wearing the United's first team jersey.

Addressing the Williams example: the thing you need to consider is what you are giving up and what you could be getting. You think there is a club that will pay £15m for him. I personally don't think so, especially in this climate, but let's ignore that. Ok, you have £15m now (if we assume we keep 100% of the transfer fee). Who do you buy that will give you better value for that money? Also, consider that Williams is on very low wages right now and every incoming RB (that can play LB too) will demand way more to begin with. They would also need to adapt and perform better because otherwise what's the point?

People talk about being ruthless but don't appear to demonstrate any business savvy. Just to illustrate: £80k/week = £320k/month = £3.84m/year = £15.36m for 4 years. And that's not even considering other costs like bonuses and other contractual clauses. Plus he is young, has potential to grow and is an academy graduate.

eire-red

Should be able to get around 5m for him surely? Feel like he could do well in any of the lesser leagues in Europe, and still potentially play European football for some of those teams.

Going on loan again does nothing for him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's still heartbreaking to see the players we had during the first half of last decade, who were brilliant at academy, not making the step up.

We had seen players who were too good for academy like daehli, will keane, michael keane, jesse, januzaj, james wilson, pearson even petrucci, tom thorpe.Not many have made it out of that generation, just shows how important it is for the club to have a structure and a stable environment to bring through academy players.

Andreas is a decent player, good workrate like a true united academy graduate.But not the level we need at united right now
This is where fans over expect and overhype young players at reserve levels, a level which is nowhere near PL level.

last season people were saying we should play O’Neil up front :lol:

The reality is that very few will make it at this level but many will get a good footballing education but have decent careers elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.