Andreas Pereira to Valencia? | It happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macern

Pee pee pants

"Valencia is very close to signing Andreas Pereira according to our official sources in England"

I think that's the right translation. I'm guessing it's a loan deal

"Valencia have asked Man United for the loan of Andreas Pereira, confirmed by Sport Witness. Mourinho not keen."

Last edited:

Sid234

Noooo... Was really hoping to see him in action once the fixtures started piling up and Jose would start rotating the team.

Hope it's just a regular loan not one with an option to sign him

Water Melon

Doubt Jose would sell him. Most probably a loan. Quality midfielder.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It makes sense really. He has Herrera, Fellaini and Martial basically as subs currently in positions where he wants to play. Also Lingard/Miki/Mata who can play there, Rashford starting on the left, and then matic and pogba who will start most. He just won't get much time no matter how talented he is when there's quality like the ones we have.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Wish we'd loan him to a PL side. Watford with Marco Silva maybe?

Are Valencia still in disarray?

NYAS

If it's true, he's not going to be happy about this. He made a point of being very clear in pre-season interviews that his plans are to be a part of the squad for the whole of the coming season.

CM

It's a bit of a frustrating situation. Pereira is far too good not to be playing regular football but the 4-2-3-1 and competition for places at the moment means it's difficult to see him getting chances with any sort of regularity.

It would be great if he could stay and get some minutes in the League Cup and from the bench, he really deserves the chance to prove himself here,

barmyarmy

I do think he can make it at united we should be extending his contract with Mata & Fellaini in last year of their contracts (if we decide against giving them new one) hopefully he will have some game time next year. A loan is not a bad deal he will play regularly and further enhance his overall game but Jose should give him clear view of his future else i am afraid he will move to another club.

ghagua

Would be said to see him go even on loan without being given a proper chance in the team. He can probably offer more than what Mata is providing on the right side of the pitch if given a chance.

Sb_16

We'll have to pull a Chelsea on this one. 1 year left, he might not be willing to commit if this is true.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was hoping him and Fosu Mensah would play some games for us this season. Shame.

Hopefully they don't get frustrated with Jose's refusal to play them and bugger off like De Bruyne and co.

liamp

Was hoping him and Fosu Mensah would play some games for us this season. Shame.

Hopefully they don't get frustrated with Jose's refusal to play them and bugger off like De Bruyne and co.
If he's going out on a season-long loan with a year left on his contract, he's most likely buggering off.

ghagua

If he's going out on a season-long loan with a year left on his contract, he's most likely buggering off.
I feel the same if the reports are true. Don't really blame him as he is at an age where he should be playing regularly, if not as a starter but at least as a sub.

Obiorahking_

Only place I see him fitting in is in midfield as Pogba's backup. Besides, given our woeful injury history, it makes sense to keep him.

ricky-romeo

pogba and matic are first choice obviously, fellaini seems to be jose's favorite player coming off the bench, and even herrera now is not going to start every game.

add carrick to the list and andreas is the 6th choice CM now.

prefer for him to stay and be part of the team but he is not going to play much. for the sake of his career a PL loan is the better choice than going to La Liga again imo. Granada was a good experience for him but i imagine had he done that at watford or boro jose will probably trusts him more now.

Obiorahking_

He can probably offer more than what Mata is providing on the right side of the pitch if given a chance.
This is based on what exactly? I am not a fan of this hyping up of young raw talents over seasoned professionals. Andreas Peirera has rarely ever (if not ever) played on the right, and he only contributed 3 assists playing on the left for Granada last season.

Red_toad

If it's true, he's not going to be happy about this. He made a point of being very clear in pre-season interviews that his plans are to be a part of the squad for the whole of the coming season.
He wants to play, if he's not good enough to oust Pogba or Matic, maybe he's decided for the good of his career to either go on loan or has requested a move. People's plans change all the time.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
This is based on what exactly? I am not a fan of this hyping up of young raw talents over seasoned professionals. Andreas Peirera has rarely ever (if not ever) played on the right, and he only contributed 3 assists playing on the left for Granada last season.
You speak as if Granada were this free flowing, organized attacking team in which he grossly underperformed ....they were pretty much the opposite with attacking players like him having as much defensive duties as actual defenders.....

Last edited:

izec

Awful news, good enough for us. At least send him on loan to a PL club, surely De Boer could use a decent creative midfielder. Think this could be the last time we have seen him, no point in sending him to Valencia

Red_toad

Awful, awful news. We are weak in terms of depth in center midfield. We have no business sending him out again. Let alone sellimg him....
Hardly awful news, if he'd had a career ending injury, then I'd be saying that. But going out on loan or being sold, more a case of good luck, hope you go well.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's a 5th/6th choice in the middle and can't even make the bench. It makes complete sense for him to loaned or even sold outright. What exactly did people expect? Jose is not going to risk his neck by trying out Pereira.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
You speak as if Granada were this free flowing, organized attacking team in which he grossly underperformed ....they were pretty much the opposite with attacking player like him having ad much defensive duties as actual defenders.....
Still doesn't prove what you were insinuating, that he'd somehow magically be better than Mata on the right?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We should give a contract and send him on loan. Mata and Fellaini won't be here forever.

Crashoutcassius

I do think he can make it at united we should be extending his contract with Mata & Fellaini in last year of their contracts (if we decide against giving them new one) hopefully he will have some game time next year. A loan is not a bad deal he will play regularly and further enhance his overall game but Jose should give him clear view of his future else i am afraid he will move to another club.
There's less than 1% chance we jist let mata and fellaini go for free

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He should stay, he'll get plenty of cup games between the FA cup, league cup and may be some dead rubber champions league group games.

pascell

I don't think we'll loan him, the seasons only just started and there's a lot of games to play. He'll play all the cup games and some league games in and around the fixture congestion Christmas time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he gets loaned it needs to be in England this time. I think he should stay though.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Still doesn't prove what you were insinuating, that he'd somehow magically be better than Mata on the right?
Given he is much quicker than Mata and is a right footed creative player. Its a no brainer frankly. Only experience is what realistically keeps a Mata in that role ahead of a player like him. Which is utterly besides the point since Mata is actually a useful asset in that role. We are short on numbers in midfield and Pereira is a natural midfielder. We have no business loaning him out. People have forgotten how we ended up playing make shift midfields at the back end of last season. Yet we've only added Matic to the squad. Whether he can play Mata's role or whether his allegedly better/quicker shouldn't even come into it frankly...

Last edited:

AXVnee7

He needs to stay imo. Once all the competitions have kicked in then he will have plenty of opportunity for game time. Depending on who we draw in the CL, he might get to play in there to start off with.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We will have injuries and exhausted players, so as long as Jose believes in him, he will get games

Status
Not open for further replies.