Arsenal 2023/24 - Born to be runner up

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Think they might finish outside top 4 this year. Liverpool, City are much better and Newcastle look stronger as well and Postecoglou is a better manager than Arteta.

Looked like they have regressed from last year all season so far, and really thought they would look better against us amidst our annual early season slump, especially considering Rodri and Kev is both out and Pep doesn't seem toneb sure how he wants to set us up this year yet but they still don't look the part. Maybe them actually coming out of it with a win could change things though, you never know
They've just beaten you lad

Gene Loblaw

Supports
Arsenal
Great result. Especially without Saka or Martinelli (starting). I hope this shows Arteta that the Havertz experiment is over. Odegaard, Rice and Partey is the preferred midfield please

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Oh no, the United fan is going to be so disappointed you said that
It obviously rubbed him the wrong way that I thought you are poor. Or that we won the treble maybe? Something rubbed him the wrong way I suppose. Anyway good win for you, Ødegaard is a fantastic footballer and I'd take Martinelli in a heartbeat as well. Still stand behind my original post

Last edited:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It obviously rubbed him the wrong way that I thought you are poor. Or that we won the treble maybe? Something rubbed in the wrong way I suppose. Anyway good win for you, Ødegaard is a fantastic footballer and I'd take Martinelli in a heartbeat as well. Still stand behind my original post
Newcastle have lost 3 games already. I fully agree we look nowhere near as fluent going forward as last season but defensively we've looked pretty solid. That alone should be enough to see us finishing in the top 4.

Taribo's Gap

No mate you being on here is enough for my amusement.
I don't get this jibe. Doesn't the admin of this site make it a point of pride that they can tolerate oppo fans on here to provide their perspectives unlike other club forums that are more insular and tribal?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I don't get this jibe. Doesn't the admin of this site make it a point of pride that they can tolerate oppo fans on here to provide their perspectives unlike other club forums that are more insular and tribal?
Well done admin, I still think they are sad bastards.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Newcastle have lost 3 games already. I fully agree we look nowhere near as fluent going forward as last season but defensively we've looked pretty solid. That alone should be enough to see us finishing in the top 4.
White-Saliba-Gabriel is a good base. Not sure what your keeper situation will lead to. I don't think Newcastle will lose many more games this year, and other than the Brighton game were they got spanked I think based on performance they were pretty impressive at both the Etihad and home against Liverpool were they got complacent.
I think they have a higher ceiling this season than yourselves

But it's all a matter of opinion anyway, christmas time last year I was sure you were going to win the league

Bobski

Rice is making a huge difference, and given the age profile of their key players, Saka 22, Rice 24, Saliba 22, Odegaard 24, Martinelli 22, Jesus 26 they are going to be a threat for a long time. Collapsed last year when they lost Saliba and they could do with upgrading his partner, Gabriel is good but he has his moments.

Nicolarra90

I've never seen a club have less of a vibe about them post treble than you lot - even the players and fans seem to have forgotten.
Well, trebles itself aren't that much of a thing as they were last century, since many clubs from many countries have done it in the last 20 - 25 years.

dinostar77

Rice is making a huge difference, and given the age profile of their key players, Saka 22, Rice 24, Saliba 22, Odegaard 24, Martinelli 22, Jesus 26 they are going to be a threat for a long time. Collapsed last year when they lost Saliba and they could do with upgrading his partner, Gabriel is good but he has his moments.
They have a good team on the pitch, one that is young and yet to hit its peak. A state of the art stadium, great training ground and a very promising manager in arteta. Alot to be jealous of as a Utd fan.

Yagami

Good post resistant
They have a good team on the pitch, one that is young and yet to hit its peak. A state of the art stadium, great training ground and a very promising manager in arteta. Alot to be jealous of as a Utd fan.
I'm not jealous about any of that stuff bar their actual squad for the most part. Love Old Trafford and don't think Arteta is any better than ten Hag. What I'm jealous of is them having Edu who is stockpiling press resistant players.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well, trebles itself aren't that much of a thing as they were last century, since many clubs from many countries have done it in the last 20 - 25 years.
Trebles aren't that much of a thing nowadays apparently

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
It doesnt matter about looking fluid going forward when you are challenging for a league title. What matters is that you can defend against the world's best team, and Arsenal did that tonight.

Attacks win you games, but defenses win you titles. Arsenal have the ability to attack in a very fluid and direct manner if they are able to create the spaces they need. Yes, we are struggling with that at the moment, but that wont go away. Especially with continued patterns being developed behind the scenes.

There's a reason City, Arsenal and now Spurs want to invest so much in the defensive line. Because with a clinical striker, that area carries a great amount of weight.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Why's that?

Because Arsenal didnt look convincing against City tonight?
Yes.

Also last year when they looked somewhat convincing they got absolutely battered when it mattered. I just simply think you aren't all that

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Haha what? The treble is a huge achievement and would have been treated as such by people if City weren't cheaters.

There have only been 10 trebles ever in Europe (league, big European competition and cup). Twice in England, Spain, Germany and Netherlands and once in Scotland and Italy.

dinostar77

I'm not jealous about any of that stuff bar their actual squad for the most part. Love Old Trafford and don't think Arteta is any better than ten Hag. What I'm jealous of is them having Edu who is stockpiling press resistant players.
Have you seen our stadium and training ground?

So far id say arteta has show himself to be a better manager. So far.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal

How many left footed LCBs are comfortably better than Gabriel?
Not many.

There is a good chance teams would come knocking for Gabriel before even Saliba as left footed LCB is just a scarce profile and most teams would be looking for one and Gabriel would be an upgrade for them.

Remember the geese

How many left footed LCBs are comfortably better than Gabriel?
Not many.

There is a good chance teams would come knocking for Gabriel before even Saliba as left footed LCB is just a scarce profile and most teams would be looking for one and Gabriel would be an upgrade for them.
Much prefer Martinez

AshRK

That was an awful game of football between two so called entertaining side.

Happy that Arsenal won (feck city) but barring some moments here and there , they are a boring side to watch. It was a 0-0 game between two boring sides today but Arsenal lucked their way with a deflected goal.

Will they win the title? Well if city are going to shit their bed then maybe they should.

rajds89

Well done Arsenal.. they managed to win a game of football between two poor teams on the day and that’s all that really matters.

But let’s be honest, it’ll count for nothing. Arsenal will do what they always do, bottle it and City will do what they always do which is win 15 games in a row somewhere and ease to another title.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Haha what? The treble is a huge achievement and would have been treated as such by people if City weren't cheaters.

There have only been 10 trebles ever in Europe (league, big European competition and cup). Twice in England, Spain, Germany and Netherlands and once in Scotland and Italy.
Exactly. Trebles (and big trophies) are huge achievements. Separately, no-one cares about City’s victories, for obvious reasons.

Litch

I think the standard of football this year is worst than previously and its anyones title this year....if Arsenal had a decent forward, my money would be on them

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
Yes.

Also last year when they looked somewhat convincing they got absolutely battered when it mattered. I just simply think you aren't all that
It doesnt matter how we looked tonight. What matters is we stopped you dead in your tracks tonight with our defensive organisation.

Where was Haaland?

Last season we looked pleasing on the eye, but we couldnt manage your threat as completely as we did today. And keeping teams away from goal is what really matters when you look at what it takes in a title race.

From an attacking fluidity point of view there will be questions asked of Arsenal. But Arsenal can always improve their attack, its what we do, whether internally or in the market.

But its all good... if you think Arsenal arent good enough. Just be objective as to why, and dont give me emotions.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Rice was outstanding today. We were the better and in control side in almost all periods of play. Lots to be happy about. Scrapped a win in the end, but who gives a flying feck about that.