Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona are close to signing a sponsorship on the sleeve of the shirt. Approximately €20M per year.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Awesome, can register the first player then
Yes, I think that in the end Barcelona will only be able to register one. I doubt whether Christensen or S. Roberto will be chosen.

CallyRed

Barcelona are close to signing a sponsorship on the sleeve of the shirt. Approximately €20M per year.
Just the one sleeve I hope. Get another sponsor for the other sleeve.
Whilst your at it, maybe get a sponsor placed wherever you can, shorts, socks, the lot.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So Beko are replaced for roughly the same amount?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Which reminds me, what happened to that player who got his contract terminated by Barca last year? Anyone remember his name?
Yeah, it was a young guy. He's suing them. It was an execrable act. I don't remember his name. It sounded South American.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
So apparently they have not even paid for Raphinha yet ?!

Please just relegate them because this is a joke.Between this year and last year this is just embarrassing.

JPRouve

Scout
So apparently they have not even paid for Raphinha yet ?!

Please just relegate them because this is a joke.Between this year and last year this is just embarrassing.
To be fair, were they supposed to already pay the first installment?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
To be fair, were they supposed to already pay the first installment?
According to the Leeds president if they don't pay Raphinha by September 2nd he is going to sue the shit out of them :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
According to the Leeds president if they don't pay Raphinha by September 2nd he is going to sue the shit out of them :lol:
I saw what he said but my under standing is that they are supposed to pay on September 2nd not that they haven't paid. What he implied though, is that he doesn't know if they will be able to pay. Now if I'm not mistaken Barcelona has cash on the short term, that's what the levers provided, the issue is in several months and the same time next year.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I saw what he said but my under standing is that they are supposed to pay on September 2nd not that they haven't paid. What he implied though, is that he doesn't know if they will be able to pay. Now if I'm not mistaken Barcelona has cash on the short term, that's what the levers provided, the issue is in several months and the same time next year.
They’re counting on successful season with all these new additions, is that right?

If they have a mediocre season, are they fecked?

JPRouve

Scout
They’re counting on successful season with all these new additions, is that right?

The theory that was shared earlier is that they count on a deep CL run and a good La Liga season. I assume that they will also look for a boatload of new sponsors.

cyberman

There’s more than that, people forget they’re probably going to be banned from the CL after an appeal in Madrid is heard. Not just that but there were rumours of a 100m fine as well.
It might not be for a few seasons since appeals etc would need to be heard but people think gambling their future is just pulling levers and buying players. It goes far deeper and riskier than that

Edit apparently ruling already delivered in favour of UEFA so they could be fecked pretty soon

GinobiliTheGOAT

There’s more than that, people forget they’re probably going to be banned from the CL after an appeal in Madrid is heard. Not just that but there were rumours of a 100m fine as well.
It might not be for a few seasons since appeals etc would need to be heard but people think gambling their future is just pulling levers and buying players. It goes far deeper and riskier than that
Will never happen, people said the same thing about man city and they came away unscathed. You can keep dreaming but it won’t happen.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
What?

cyberman

Oh right, I see. To be honest, can't see that being upheld/enforced
I dunno, this seems to be going through the courts and seems a bit more legally sound than time bar nonsense as before.
Apparently there’s a ruling about FIFA and UEFA being a monopoly coming up soon that UEFA are waiting on before jumping in

Paxi

The theory that was shared earlier is that they count on a deep CL run and a good La Liga season. I assume that they will also look for a boatload of new sponsors.
hopefully they fail miserably.

Paxi

Edit apparently ruling already delivered in favour of UEFA so they could be fecked pretty soon
Oh that sounds amazing. The schadenfreude would be just delightful.

caid

Their accounts are based on the assumption they do. Not sure how necessary it is. Think its more necessary in terms of keeping the fans onside and spending than prize money which is probably relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.
Its probably easier to fill the ground up against the 19th best la liga team if its part of a title race where winning is essential.

JPRouve

Scout
Their accounts are based on the assumption they do. Not sure how necessary it is. Think its more necessary in terms of keeping the fans onside and spending than prize money which is probably relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.
Its probably easier to fill the ground up against the 19th best la liga team if its part of a title race where winning is essential.
Prize money and gates are massive in the CL if you go far, it's above 100m for top clubs.

caid

Prize money and gates are massive in the CL if you go far, it's above 100m for top clubs.
QF minimum was the impression i got. How much difference between 2nd round and QF? Or 3rd place in group stage and some europa football? It seems a stupid assumption to me regardless. They've talked about reducing their wage bill down to 400m, while increasing it by about 100m or something so far, i dont think their planning or accounting mean much.
While barcelona are the only source it just seems a bit pointless to try and keep up with their dealings. La Liga will eventually certify their accounts and it probably wont bear much resemblance to what barca are reporting it will be.

JPRouve

Scout
QF minimum was the impression i got. How much difference between 2nd round and QF? Or 3rd place in group stage and some europa football? It seems a stupid assumption to me regardless. They've talked about reducing their wage bill down to 400m, while increasing it by about 100m or something so far, i dont think their planning or accounting mean much.
While barcelona are the only source it just seems a bit pointless to try and keep up with their dealings. La Liga will eventually certify their accounts and it probably wont bear much resemblance to what barca are reporting it will be.
Ignoring the gate and the tv rights, the difference between the two rounds was around 12m. An other thing that I forgot is that they need to get far because they need to maintain a high coefficient, I forgot that it was one of the pools, they are losing a 30 points season next year.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So broke, Lewa has to work in club shop as well as play centre forward.

So that’s TWO wages they won’t pay him next season.

With the amount of money they owe, leveraged to the hilt, I bet their commercial activities will be on steroids now. United will look like some NGO next to them.

arthurka

So your employer owes you money in back payments and is willing to let you keep on working for him for half what you are getting. It's a big no thanks for me.