Bayandir Out?

didz

As if Fenerbahce fans didn't hate him enough

SungSam7

Must be blind but I don't see any genuine sources for this move but really, would you blame him?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Unless we're making a profit on him, I don't really see the point in selling a backup GK after 1 game.

No Love

We’ll be able to sign the shit out of yet another backup goalie this summer! :drool:

Rodgerzzz

I can't say I blame him. He's had one game against Newport in a season that Onana has made a series of high profile mistakes and meant to be away at AFCON but made every effort to not be. If you're not getting trusted with atleast a handful of games in those circumstances then there's no point in hanging about. He's a young keeper who will want probably to establish himself for Turkey, especially as they've got some decent keeper prospects around the same age bracket. He's not going to do that sat on the bench for us.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
If so, we should seriously be looking at Alvaro Valles this summer. One of the best goalkeepers in Europe this season. Contract is up in 2025, so should be available at a fair price. A fantastic shot stopper and very good passer of the ball.

In fact, we should probably be looking at him regardless of the turkey goalkeeper.

https://fbref.com/en/players/0166a73e/scout/365_m1/Alvaro-Valles-Scouting-Report

Gupz

Honestly will be a good thing to sell him and get a propper keeper who can replace Onana in the short term.

daba

I’m surprised at how we approached the GK situation this year given we spent £5m on Bayandir. I thought we would adopt a similar approach to other top clubs and have a good second keeper who plays both domestic cups at a minimum (like Kelleher and Ortega).

Especially given Onana had his struggles, it seemed strange to not rotate.

Seems like the bridge has been burned with Bayandir now. Maybe we use Vitek in this role next year, and if he does well we might be able to sell him for a very good fee. Kelleher for example is rumoured to be priced at £20m for example.

RuudTom83

Life of a back-up keeper, gotta keep moving until you can land that no.1 spot.

cj_sparky

I’m surprised at how we approached the GK situation this year given we spent £5m on Bayandir. I thought we would adopt a similar approach to other top clubs and have a good second keeper who plays both domestic cups at a minimum (like Kelleher and Ortega).

Especially given Onana had his struggles, it seemed strange to not rotate.

Seems like the bridge has been burned with Bayandir now. Maybe we use Vitek in this role next year, and if he does well we might be able to sell him for a very good fee. Kelleher for example is rumoured to be priced at £20m for example.
Henderson went for £15m +£5m in potential add-ons and there was talk of a sell on clause. Kovar left for £7-8m including add-ons and a potentially a buy back/first refusal option.

Vitek is by all accounts doing well out on loan, hopefully we can follow the same sort of pathway as Henderson and get him a loan move to League 1 next season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He hasn’t taken any of his chances

daba

Henderson went for £15m +£5m in potential add-ons and there was talk of a sell on clause. Kovar left for £7-8m including add-ons and a potentially a buy back/first refusal option.

Vitek is by all accounts doing well out on loan, hopefully we can follow the same sort of pathway as Henderson and get him a loan move to League 1 next season.
Kovar sale made no sense to me. He looked very capable in pre-season to be our undisputed cup keeper. Instead we sold him for a low fee to do that exact role at Leverkusen. Whilst spending the money we got for him on another keeper.

Santos J

Kovar sale made no sense to me. He looked very capable in pre-season to be our undisputed cup keeper. Instead we sold him for a low fee to do that exact role at Leverkusen. Whilst spending the money we got for him on another keeper.
Couple of national team mates there and Hradecky is getting on a bit, probably saw more of a chance of grabbing the #1 spot there sooner rather than later as opposed to here when we just spent big money on a new keeper

cj_sparky

I thought he did well in preseason as well. But being home grown, he was a good sale for FFP purposes I guess and I don't think he saw the pathway for himself at United.

Varun1

I thought he did well in preseason as well. But being home grown, he was a good sale for FFP purposes I guess and I don't think he saw the pathway for himself at United.
Just another terribly frustrating aspect under EtH.

I don't agree with rotating keepers, it rarely works, unless it's to take pressure away from the eventual first teamer, e.g., DDG when he first joined.
But this is what we should have done with Kovar, allow him to fight for the first team spot while rotating with someone else.

Why the f give him minutes in pre season but then sell him...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I can't say I blame him. He's had one game against Newport in a season that Onana has made a series of high profile mistakes and meant to be away at AFCON but made every effort to not be. If you're not getting trusted with atleast a handful of games in those circumstances then there's no point in hanging about. He's a young keeper who will want probably to establish himself for Turkey, especially as they've got some decent keeper prospects around the same age bracket. He's not going to do that sat on the bench for us.
Even when he was at afcon, onana was dropped by the NT iirc :lol: