Ben White - Brighton

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
He’s still not in the squad, while extremely average centre backs are. Not a good look for him. It’s not a VVD situation where he’s at a midtable club but undisputed first choice for his country with potential suitors in every direction. White has never been called up for England, despite playing in a position they are very weak in, and no other big clubs are looking at him.
The fact that he hasn't received an England call up reflects more on Southgate than it does on White !! Godfrey & Keane who have easily outperformed Dier this season couldn't make the squad either. At 23 years old he has a great future !

SecondFig

He’s still not in the squad, while extremely average centre backs are. Not a good look for him. It’s not a VVD situation where he’s at a midtable club but undisputed first choice for his country with potential suitors in every direction. White has never been called up for England, despite playing in a position they are very weak in, and no other big clubs are looking at him.
Not sure we should worry about who's getting caps for England. Grealish has still only been capped, what, twice? It's a while ago now, but Bruce never got a single cap for England.

Devil may care

He's a decent player but doesn't have the attributes needed to be a good fit with Maguire and it's crucial that we replace Lindelof as a starter.

Judas

Open to offers
Do you rate Southgate as a manager then? Why would his opinion carry any weight with anyone, his squad selection is often utterly baffling.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I'm not sure how good he is but if our management/scouts have decided that he is good enough, I'd like us to test Brighton with an offer for both him and Bissouma (who I really rate if we are looking at a pure defensive midfielder). That would allow us to spend the 'bigger' amounts on our attack (Sancho or Haaland).

Gandalf

Honestly?

Would say they're the polar opposite.

Jones was, and still very much is an aggressive, front foot, all or nothing type of defender, whereas White is calm, elegant and good on the ball.

I'd actually say White is more similar to John Stones than Phil Jones.

I wouldn't be against it, as I feel he wouldn't be an automatic starter, meaning have time to slowly progress.
Honestly, if he is fit for next season, I would rather have Phil Jones.

Sea-Cow

Honestly, if he is fit for next season, I would rather have Phil Jones.
Thats because Phil Jones is great. If he went on loan to a prem side he would be the defensive equivalent of Lingard.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Just checked he´s 23 already! Not that it´s old age for a CB but surely he´s due a step up to a bigger club if he´s any good. He looks technically sound but 1.82 looks like a handicap to me, certainly in the prem. We should aim to replace Lindelof with someone better not another average CB and also plan to get a player in Maguire´s absence. Not trying to call for an injury or anything but we are truly fecked with Maguire potentially out, same way Liveprool with Van Dijk imo. Also Ben White isn´t he a Leeds player?

JohnnyLaw

Just checked he´s 23 already! Not that it´s old age for a CB but surely he´s due a step up to a bigger club if he´s any good. He looks technically sound but 1.82 looks like a handicap to me, certainly in the prem. We should aim to replace Lindelof with someone better not another average CB and also plan to get a player in Maguire´s absence. Not trying to call for an injury or anything but we are truly fecked with Maguire potentially out, same way Liveprool with Van Dijk imo. Also Ben White isn´t he a Leeds player?
Transfermarkt has him at 1,89m. Nah, Brighton player, only went to Leeds on loan.