Benni McCarthy joins United

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Benni McCarthy needs to be held accountable for the team's performance. While he may have had some successes, there are areas for improvement that cannot be ignored.

Criticism is necessary to help him identify and work on these issues, but it must be constructive and respectful. Ultimately, the club must evaluate his performance and make decisions accordingly. It's time for McCarthy to step up and deliver results for the team.
Is there a thread for "posts that should have had white text but didn't" ?

Hey Benni, welcome to United, we want you to coach our strikers and help them become lethal in the box. They are all here, in the physio room, meet Martial. He'll be available 4 weeks after returning from injury so he won't get injured right away. Now go work your magic.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Is there a thread for "posts that should have had white text but didn't" ?

Hey Benni, welcome to United, we want you to coach our strikers and help them become lethal in the box. They are all here, in the physio room, meet Martial. He'll be available 4 weeks after returning from injury so he won't get injured right away. Now go work your magic.
Don't blame the prompter for anything but bad prompting

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The praise he’s been getting has been on the basis of Rashford heading towards his most prolific season ever. He can’t improve the goal tally of strikers that don’t play (or are Wout Weghorst)
So Rashford counts because he's apparently coachable and Weghorst doesn't count because he's apparently uncoachable. Why aren't you mentioning the likes of Sancho and Antony? 160m worth of attacking talent looking completely toothless. Cherrypicking at its finest.

Reality is that our forwards by and large have been crap in the league. Averaging 1.5 goals per game is a horrific return.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So Rashford counts because he's apparently coachable and Weghorst doesn't count because he's apparently uncoachable. Why aren't you mentioning the likes of Sancho and Antony? 160m worth of attacking talent looking completely toothless. Cherrypicking at its finest.

Reality is that our forwards by and large have been crap in the league. Averaging 1.5 goals per game is a horrific return.
Weghorst doesn’t count because he’s a) shit and b) only been here a couple of months.

ETH on McCarthy’s role:

“I thought we needed one on the staff who is specific and responsible for strikers, Benni is doing a good job“
We have three strikers in our squad. Rashford (who’s on target for his most goals ever) Martial (who’s on target for his least games ever) and Weghorst (see above) Neither Sancho nor Antony are strikers (obviously). And does their poor finishing seem like an issue to you?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
what a load of fannies. here’s the “striker coach” role in a nutshell:

“you see that cross? header it right in the corner where their goalkeeper can’t reach it.”

“no time to take a touch in the box? one touch finish, top bins.”

“try and score a record amount of goals this year.”

thank you; that’ll be 300k a year.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Weghorst doesn’t count because he’s a) shit and b) only been here a couple of months.

ETH on McCarthy’s role:

“I thought we needed one on the staff who is specific and responsible for strikers, Benni is doing a good job“

We have three strikers in our squad. Rashford (who’s on target for his most goals ever) Martial (who’s on target for his least games ever) and Weghorst (see above) Neither Sancho nor Antony are strikers (obviously). And does their poor finishing seem like an issue to you?
Most of Rashford's goals have come from the wing. You can't label him a striker on course for his most goals ever when most of them have been from the wing, while at the same time dismiss Sancho and Antony because they are wingers. That's literally cherrypicking.

The only strikers in the squad are Martial and Weghorst. One has started 19(!) consecutive games and scored 2 goals. That's a damning assessment of the guy who is 'specific and responsible for strikers'.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Most of Rashford's goals have come from the wing. You can't label him a striker on course for his most goals ever when most of them have been from the wing, while at the same time dismiss Sancho and Antony because they are wingers. That's literally cherrypicking.

The only strikers in the squad are Martial and Weghorst. One has started 19(!) consecutive games and scored 2 goals. That's a damning assessment of the guy who is 'specific and responsible for strikers'.
See post #229.

lsd

The Oracle
Benni needs to be doubling his shooting practices I feel.

Theres no excuse for the chances of players have been missing lately.

I hope Erik has them doing extra training till the end of the season as regards this

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Got a very tough job coming up trying to help Hojlund.

OsloRed

I used to love him as a player, I wish we had him when he was at his best. I love that he seems to enjoy himself so much here!

Borninthe80ts

It’s like any job, when the atmosphere is happy we enjoy it more. Feel like we need more of these positive characters. The energy feels different, I can see a tangible change. Vibes!