Other Berserk manga(Japanese comic book)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Surprised to see no thread of this historical piece of work here, I think it deserves one in the light of the recent news.
I don't really read manga anymore but breserk always had special place in my heart so was always looking out to see how it ends but then tragedy struck.
I'm not sure if it's the right thing to try and continue on the story but they sure seem to be putting the effort, shame how it got to this point perhaps muira shouldn't have spent so long on the boat.

For those of you who don't know what breserk is just know that it's a seminal work that has affected Japanese and in turn all media immensely, almost every single Japanese video game has a reference or tribute to it and the works by from soft for example go even a step further being heavily inspired by it.

Go read it if you haven't already and don't have any problems with extreme gore and sexual content (there are many rape scenes that may seem gratuitous but I always felt they served the story well).

Here's the new cover of chapter 365.

flameinthesun

Great Manga but mannnnnnn it can be a bit depressing, I'm sure you know what scene I'm talking about...will be interesting in what direction the new author takes it as it is a classic.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Great Manga but mannnnnnn it can be a bit depressing, I'm sure you know what scene I'm talking about...will be interesting in what direction the new author takes it as it is a classic.
It really is, it so has a certain sincerity to it that really makes it work, all the gore and mental trauma make the human moments of it shine even brighter, not many works of art can find that balance.

The new team is his assistants so while the art will be a tad different the art quality should still be top notch, I don't know if muira left an outline or not before he passed away but I imagine them following that if he did so.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well I read the read the new chapters and they seem to have really shortened the length of it compared to the previous ones, it won't be a concern if they get back to a consistent publishing schedule however.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They're chopping up and adding some new content to the 2013 Golden age trilogy and releasing it as an anime series, I do recommended it it to anyone who's trying to get into breserk, while I prefer the 97 series myself the trilogy has the perhaps the best adaptation of the eclipse to date and is probably more accessible to the newcomers who are just getting started.

There seems to be some movement around the media outside of the manga, perhaps if God was willing we'd get an adaptation of golden age onwards that isn't dogshit like the 2016 series was, incredible how probably the most influential manga of all time hasn't yet gotten a proper big budget adaptation worthy of its name, maybe it's the nature of it unadoptability but still surely they could have done better than the 2016 version.