Best fight you've ever seen?

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Didn't watch it live... but it has to be ' The Thriller in Manila'.

Watched the recording as a kid, I didn't know the result, which helped... I guess it was even better 'live'.

Neil Thomson

I was ever so caned one night watching the most savage and incredible fight I'd ever seen, not to know that sadly it would end in tragedy. McClellan fought like a Snake, darting forward with terrific speed and venom, I'd never seen a fighter like him - he knocked Nigel Benn out of the ring in the first, but few have the courage of Benn and he got back in for more punishment, but his own style of hooks and movement reminded me of a Tiger and he was soon giving as good as he got. It was brutal, fascinating and thrilling, with Benn going down again twice in the 8th. As the fight wore on McClellan started to wane from the at the time unknown internal injuries and blood clot to his brain, and Nigel Benn increasingly dominated until McClellan collapsed in his corner, to be surrounded by medics and taken to hospital in a Coma, leaving everyone in shock and almost ending his life, and that of Boxing.

<a href="http://www.kronkgym.com/fighters/gman/mcclellan0827.html" target="_blank">Benn v McClellan</a>

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Watched that fight live, 95 i think..

Agreed it was an amazing fight... brutal infact.

Benn never gave up.

McClallen was like Ivan Drago...

I would've mentioned it...but sadly that fight will be remembered for the tragedy you mentioned above.

Eubank vs Watson was also a great which finished in an another tragedy..

Neil Thomson

Originally posted by giggzy:
<strong>Watched that fight live, 95 i think..

Agreed it was an amazing fight... brutal infact.

Benn never gave up.

McClallen was like Ivan Drago...

I would've mentioned it...but sadly that fight will be remembered for the tragedy you mentioned above.

Eubank vs Watson was also a great which finished in an another tragedy..</strong><hr></blockquote>
Yes to all of the above. :(

The great Eubank fights were amazing.

ste_grassham

Originally posted by Neil Thomson:
<strong>I was ever so caned one night watching the most savage and incredible fight I'd ever seen, not to know that sadly it would end in tragedy. McClellan fought like a Snake, darting forward with terrific speed and venom, I'd never seen a fighter like him - he knocked Nigel Benn out of the ring in the first, but few have the courage of Benn and he got back in for more punishment, but his own style of hooks and movement reminded me of a Tiger and he was soon giving as good as he got. It was brutal, fascinating and thrilling, with Benn going down again twice in the 8th. As the fight wore on McClellan started to wane from the at the time unknown internal injuries and blood clot to his brain, and Nigel Benn increasingly dominated until McClellan collapsed in his corner, to be surrounded by medics and taken to hospital in a Coma, leaving everyone in shock and almost ending his life, and that of Boxing.

<a href="http://www.kronkgym.com/fighters/gman/mcclellan0827.html" target="_blank">Benn v McClellan</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

i hate to say this. but i agree with you! there ive said it!!