Best Player Ever Draft R1 - Scholes vs Prolifik

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Age 22-26

vs

Age 26-30

Team Scholes

Formation 3-5-2

Tactics
Casillas- Real Madrid’s finest goalkeeper

Samuel-Blanc-McGrath - Blanc playing in the middle due to being the best on the ball.

Zambrotta and Roberto Carlos - Two complete attacking wingbacks

Deschamps- The water-carrier, a pure DM, wins the ball back and keeps it simple.

Davids and Matthaus
Two number 8’s with Matthaus being attacking minded and Davids being a box to box midfielder.

Ballon D’or winners Eusebio and Denis Law
Eusebio will be given a free role with Denis Law being your traditional #9

Team Prolifik

Tactics

We will play a high-tempo possession game, looking to move the ball quickly through midfield and feed our attacking trio in space to do what they do best. This starts with our entire back five being excellent on the ball, Casemiro has more constructive skills than the typical destroyer holding midfielder, and of course Tigana, Iniesta, and Di Stéfano are impeccable ball-carriers and playmakers.

Di Stéfano frequently drops deep to supplement the midfield, creating space for Stoichkov to make runs in behind cutting in from his nominal left wing role. Garrincha plays as more of an orthodox wide forward who relentlessly attacks the opposition left-back, but will occasionally drift infield to get into goalscoring positions as he did at the 1962 World Cup. This is of particular importance as Roberto Carlos seems like he will be an important attacking outlet given the makeup of scholes18's squad, and Garrincha's presence should temper his runs forward to at least some degree (and hopefully provoke him into a rash piece of defending or two).

Djalma is the more conservative of the full-backs, while the energetic Briegel covers the left flank with constant overlapping runs to provide width, combining with Stoichkov and/or Iniesta as they both alternative moving into that space on the left.

Out of possession, we will play high up the pitch and try to constrict the opponent's time and space. Again, it starts with our mobile and athletic back five, with Van Dijk and Alisson in particular being experts at managing a high defensive line. Di Stéfano drops back into midfield, while the hard-working Tigana and Iniesta push wide to challenge the opposing full-backs.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Scholes has a well built side here but will rely on counters and I think Prolifik has tools to stop him. On the other hand I think Prolifik has the tools to break down Scholes' defense - the repairing of Garrincha with Djalma works a treat.

Edit - actually this is closer than I originally thought. Will take a look again tomorrow.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Damn. I’d just waive white hankies against these two

BIG DUNK

Tank
Voted Prolifik (1-0 Stoichkov goal, Iniesta assist)

My vote is purely a preference to Prolifik's players and his defensive, midfield and attacking units (in their 26-30 peak).
Scholes doesn't deserve to get knocked out here though. I love his 3-5-2.

- strong defensive quality in Prolifik's pair of fullbacks. Van Dijk + Carvalho is a complete centreback partnership that can deal with nearly every forward (the pace and power of Eusebio, or the intelligent movement and aerial game of Law).
- an excellent midfield three I can see being very fluid and tidy in possession. Iniesta and Tigana combining with Di Stefano looks to be an exciting prospect.
- a GOAT false number nine (Di Stefano) playing alongside an explosive wingforward cutting in (Stoichkov) and a GOAT outside forward (Garrincha) is very impressive. Alisson can play accurate balls to his front three too.