Billy Gilmour - Brighton watch

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Commentators said he was struggling with the tempo and looking gassed within ten minutes and he proceeded to play everyone else off the pitch.

In conclusion: feck Sam Matterface.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I didn't pay that much attention to the game. Was he actually good or is this just a tendency to overhype another youngster?

Zoo

It depends, Tuchel hasn’t used him much has he?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Already overrated.

Played well, but feck me don’t the British blow their bolt early doors.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I didn't pay that much attention to the game. Was he actually good or is this just a tendency to overhype another youngster?
Your hunch is accurate

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He said that he was 4th choice for the midfield two behind Kante, Kova and Jorghino.

Going to be very difficult for Billy to be a regular starter for Chelsea but he's only just turned 20 last week, no desperate rush to play 40+ games next season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Commentators said he was struggling with the tempo and looking gassed within ten minutes and he proceeded to play everyone else off the pitch.

In conclusion: feck Sam Matterface.
Didn't watch ITV, but I could see the same with my own eyes. He was getting played around and ran past every time England tried it in the first half. He got a lot better in the second half before he was taken off, but hardly played anybody off the pitch.

RooneyLegend

Seems very cautious at this point which isn't suprising. He's got huge potential though.

Ekeke

He's a young player obviously and did well for his debut but got no idea why he would be man of the match though. In this match I didnt see anything Tom Cleverley didnt have. Why someone would suggest he performed better than Hanley who cleared everything out of defence and Dykes who won 9 balls in the air up front for Scotland I dont know.

Wayne's World

The next Xavi. An absolute superstar in the making and will go onto to be one of the world's best midfielders

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel had final every three days time. He played against man City in league though. Gave away penalty Aguero missed. He is good but came back from injury last season. So tuchel handled him with care in my opinion.

His best game at chelsea was he bossed fabinho in a cup game against Liverpool.Liverpool totally lost in midfield in that game.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

I want your predictions on how this guy will end up, so I can bump it in 10 years.
To be honest he played United midfield off the park like 2 years ago I think it was. Looked class then and continues to look like a very accomplished player. Hopefully he continues his growth and gets more exposure and minutes at Chelsea. If not he should probably leave for somewhere else.

As for how good, feck knows. He could be the next Ryan Gauld or go on to be a Robertson/ Tierney. I think probably more of a Charlie Adams.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The Irn Bru Iniesta!

Needs to bulk up and improve his fitness, but his composure on the ball and ability to move it quickly with either foot from deep midfield was miles better than anything Rice or Phillips showed, I thought. It's a lazy comparison given both play for Chelsea but there's a lot of Jorginho about him.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
He was bang ordinary in his cup final.
Don't let your red-tinted glasses get in the way, like the majority of your posts :)

Hard to stand out if you not on the field, he did not play in the final and he was man of the match when we beat city and Liverpool.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
As a Scotsman I’m absolutely buzzing with his performance. More of the same on Tuesday. That being said, when he plays for Chelsea against Utd I wish him nothing but red cards.

Abraxas

He's 20, which is interesting to me. A very slow developer, physically at least. Reminds me of how Ferguson was always convinced Lingard would become a Utd player even though he knew he'd take a long while to develop.

It's hard to tell how good he can be because he seems short of experience and real match fitness and strength gained from playing regularly. But he's a very tidy player. That isn't always enough in itself, but it's a good start.

Is he really going to get enough football, or better going on loan? Tuchel has to decide that and if they do loan, find him the right club because he could fall by the wayside at the wrong side and end up being wasted. No use sending him to a team that punts it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He came on for Scotland in a friendly before the Euro's and looked the best player on the pitch. Wasn't that hard mind as Scotland were poor

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
He's 20, which is interesting to me. A very slow developer, physically at least. Reminds me of how Ferguson was always convinced Lingard would become a Utd player even though he knew he'd take a long while to develop.

It's hard to tell how good he can be because he seems short of experience and real match fitness and strength gained from playing regularly. But he's a very tidy player. That isn't always enough in itself, but it's a good start.

Is he really going to get enough football, or better going on loan? Tuchel has to decide that and if they do loan, find him the right club because he could fall by the wayside at the wrong side and end up being wasted. No use sending him to a team that punts it.
For me, he looks promising but he needs some real minutes soon. I don't see him getting those at Chelsea with Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic so he will have to go on loan. Brighton or somewhere in Spain would be a good idea imo.

redrobed

I want your predictions on how this guy will end up, so I can bump it in 10 years.
He will run down his contract to force through a move to Utd so he can rotate for us with McDominate.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He'll break into the Chelsea side as a regular in the next couple of seasons and end up with 300 odd appearances for us.

I think that about about half the kids in our academy though which is why I'm interested in other people s opinion.
Haha. Fair enough. I can't say I've seen him play enough to have a definite opinion. Hopefully he'll either get a top side loan move or plenty of games next season.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully he'll get some decent minutes next year, playing with the likes of Kante and Jorginho will help him develop I think. If he's sent off on loan, it needs to be to a strong team, he'd be wasted somewhere poor. Lots of hope for this kid.

Bwuk

Got all the talent and potential in the world. Needs regular game time. I think it was Liverpool or City he made his debut for Chelsea against and just looked a player.