Kick-off
Sat, 13 April 2024 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    .................VS....................

Date: Saturday, April 13 2024

Kickoff Time: 1730 Hrs BST
    Venue: Dean Court, Bournemouth

League Standings And Form Guide

6. Manchester United: LWDLD
    12. Bournemouth: DWWWL

Previous League Meetings

Manchester United 0—3 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 0—1 Manchester United

Manchester United 3—0 Bournemouth

Manchester United 5—2 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 1—0 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 9
    Bournemouth wins: 3
    Draws: 1

Pre-Match Pressers

Erik ten Hag

Andoni Iraola

Team News

Manchester United

Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia, Anthony Martial, Victor Lindelöf and Lisandro Martínez ruled out. Scott McTominay, Marcus Rashford, Raphaël Varane and Jonny Evans doubtful.

Bournemouth

Ryan Fredericks, Luis Sinisterra and Marcus Tavernier ruled out. Chris Mepham, Antoine Semenyo and Tyler Adams doubtful.

Know The Opposition

Association Football Club Bournemouth (nicknamed The Cherries and Boscombe) is a professional football club based in Bournemouth, Dorset. The exact date of the club's foundation is not known, but there is proof that it was formed as Bascombe FC in the autumn of 1899 out of the remains of the older Boscombe St. John's Lads’ Institute FC. Nicknamed The Cherries (Dean Court was built adjacent to the Cooper-Dean estate, which encompassed numerous cherry orchards), the team traditionally played in red shirts with white sleeves until 1971, when the strip was changed to red and black stripes, similar to that of AC Milan. The club was renamed in 1923 to Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic F.C. in 1923, which was the name until 1972, when it becomes A.F.C. Bournemouth.

Bournemouth have won the second and third tiers of English football, and were twice runners-up of the fourth tier. They have also won the Football League Trophy, and the Football League Third Division South Cup. Bournemouth have spent the majority of their history bouncing between the third and fourth tier of English football. Under manager Eddie Howe, they have risen through the pyramid; the 2015–16 season was Bournemouth's first ever in England's top division. Bournemouth's biggest rivals are Brighton & Hove Albion, Reading FC and Southampton FC. They play their home games at Dean Court, Bournemouth — currently known as the Vitality Stadium.

Referee

Tony Harrington.

Familiar Faces

N/A.​

thisisnottaken1

They thrashed us at home, so I’m not expecting much of a result here. Hopefully we can win. Why is it at 17:30 instead of 15:00

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    7 more games lads before this excruciating season is finally over.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Not the sort of game where we can usually get it up for.

Our remaining interesting games are the FA Cup games, Arsenal at Old Trafford, and that's about it... The away games remaining will be shit, the home games will be fine. This is our team.

Bwuk

I really want to see Amad & Mount start.

Onana
    Dalot - Big Willy - Maguire - AWB
    Mainoo - Bruno
    Amad - Mount - Garnacho
    Hojlund​

Brightonian

I really want to see Amad & Mount start.

Onana
    Dalot - Big Willy - Maguire - AWB
    Mainoo - Bruno
    Amad - Mount - Garnacho
    Hojlund​
    This is close to what I'd do. But I think you have to leave Casemiro in and rest Bruno. Case's legs are certainly almost gone but I think if you let Mainoo play his natural position alongside him and have the energy (and better ball retention) of Mount ahead of him then you probably get away with it.

Onana
    Dalot Kambwala Maguire AWB
    Mainoo Casemiro
    Amad Mount Garnacho
    Hojlund​

Bruno for Mount seems the obvious swap to make overall. I'm not in the 'Bruno out' camp but despite his goal he looked a shadow of his best against 'pool and has for a while. He's burnt out. He's not even producing the thing he's best known for - lethal creative passes - reliably now. He cost us two golden chances in the first ten minutes when we were cutting through them on the counter like butter - the late release pass to Garnacho which put him offside, and then fumbling it when he was put through in the channel himself. I think Mount will be sharper, and would have made more of either of those fairly straightforward situations.

LDUred

Maybe Amrabat can have a run out seeing how poor Casemiro has been today. He's been underwhelming at best so far and he gave the ball away in a dangerous position again today, but as we've got nothing to play for in the league it will at least give Casemiro a chance to rest ahead of the Coventry game.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Not the sort of game where we can usually get it up for.

Our remaining interesting games are the FA Cup games, Arsenal at Old Trafford, and that's about it... The away games remaining will be shit, the home games will be fine. This is our team.
    We should be fully focused on losing the Arsenal game.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    We have a revenge to take.

-------------------------------------------Onana-------------------------------------------
    Dalot--------------------Kambwala------Maguire------------Wan Bissaka
    ----------------------------Casemiro--------Mainoo---------------------------------
    Antony---------------------------------Bruno----------------------------Garnacho
    --------------------------------------------Rashford---------------------------------------

SteveCoppellFan

Bournemouth seem to have tailed off somewhat, might be a good time to play them.

Problem is .. its always a good time to play United.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Bournemouth are a bit of an odd one. Their results were largely good for a while after going out of the FA Cup. They had a good stretch of games where they faced the teams around them in Burnley, Sheffield United, Everton, Palace, and most recently Luton. They drew with Sheffield United which was a bit of a blip, but they beat Burnley, Everton, and Palace which seems to have given them that real cushion and safety. You'd have thought they'd deal with Luton, particularly after going in front, but maybe it's hard for them to not take their foot off the gas slightly when they just got 10/12 from four of the teams below them.

Must be disappointing for their fans to not beat Luton, as they have a real chance of sneaking into the top half. Even if you say typically the game against us would be one they'd expect to lose most seasons, and then lose to Villa & Arsenal. They have games against Brighton, Brentford, Wolves, and Chelsea. Having the opportunity to take on the three teams directly above you is what you want surely? They should fancy their chances to hit 50 points and maybe get in that mix for a Europa Conference League place really, especially if positions are passed down a lot with Cup Winners in the top places and five Champion's League places potentially.

They're not going to be afraid of us. We're still low on defenders and some players are either looking a little gassed or not interested. We probably do need players like Antony, Amad, Mount, McTominay, and Amrabat to be getting game time and making a difference in the run-in.

Hughes35

-------------------------------------------Onana-------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------Casemiro--------Mainoo---------------------------------
    Antony---------------------------------Bruno----------------------------Garnacho
    --------------------------------------------Rashford---------------------------------------
    This is what I'd play. Anthony actually deserves to play over Rashford. He's shown some quality recently.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Maybe Amrabat can have a run out seeing how poor Casemiro has been today. He's been underwhelming at best so far and he gave the ball away in a dangerous position again today, but as we've got nothing to play for in the league it will at least give Casemiro a chance to rest ahead of the Coventry game.
    Maybe not.

Dans

This is close to what I'd do. But I think you have to leave Casemiro in and rest Bruno. Case's legs are certainly almost gone but I think if you let Mainoo play his natural position alongside him and have the energy (and better ball retention) of Mount ahead of him then you probably get away with it.

Onana
    Dalot Kambwala Maguire AWB
    Mainoo Casemiro
    Amad Mount Garnacho
    Hojlund​

Bruno for Mount seems the obvious swap to make overall. I'm not in the 'Bruno out' camp but despite his goal he looked a shadow of his best against 'pool and has for a while. He's burnt out. He's not even producing the thing he's best known for - lethal creative passes - reliably now. He cost us two golden chances in the first ten minutes when we were cutting through them on the counter like butter - the late release pass to Garnacho which put him offside, and then fumbling it when he was put through in the channel himself. I think Mount will be sharper, and would have made more of either of those fairly straightforward situations.
    I'm all for this lineup - it's about time Fernandes and Rashford were dropped and equally Amad and Mount given starts. I would even think about playing Antony instead of Hojlund and playing without a recognised striker.

Chumpsbechumps

I’ve gone from looking at Villa/spurs to looking at West Ham , Newcastle and chelsea

I know some people don’t want Europa , but I do…

LDUred

Maybe not.
    While Amrabat's been poor, I would have no problem with him playing in a meaningless fixture, especially as we need to rest players for the FA Cup.

If Casemiro and McTominay play unnecessarily and then get injured, it increases the likelihood of Amrabat having to start a huge game where silverware is at stake.

Last edited:

Gordon S

Amad and Mount must be due a start.
    Casemiro can get Schweinsteigered til the end of the season.
    Play Amrabat or Scott through the middle with Mainoo instead. Or let Mainoo start from the bench and get a little rest.
    We must start winning again to not drop down the table.

Woziak

I’ve gone from looking at Villa/spurs to looking at West Ham , Newcastle and chelsea

I know some people don’t want Europa , but I do…
    With the two extra games next season, Europa League is the absolute both that Ineos have budgeted for. Not making 6th now would definitely be the end of ETH.

I think looking at the reluctance to pay the Dan Asworth compensation, I doubt very much that Sir Jim wants to pay £15m compensation for an new coach and then another £10m in paying ETH and his staff off, this may be the real reason he might get a stay of execution. They might have looked round the manager market and thought not much out there, maybe in 6-12 months there will better options.

Bournemouths is a must win game, if Varane was fit, I’d play Kambawla as CDM, he’s got the pace to play right next to Mainoo and he’ll shore up the open spaces, we lack physicality and mobility and he’s much better on the ball than someone like AWB who was touted to play in that role once. We need legs right now, Casemiro should be told your legs of gone, we’ll bring you on for last 20 mins to see out games.

I’d Drop Rashford, Play Mount at left wing and move Garnaucho back to right wing but I doubt Evans or Varane are fit?

Dans

While Amrabat's been poor, I would have no problem with him playing in a meaningless fixture, especially as we need to rest players for the FA Cup.

If Casemiro and McTominay play unnecessarily and then get injured, it increases the likelihood of Amrabat having to start a huge game where silverware is at stake.
    Perhaps not a bad idea, agreed. I hadn't really clocked that we are playing for nothing now.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Amrabat, Casemiro, McT and Erikson are all equally bad choices for different reasons.

always_hoping

Bournemouth have only lost one of their last 6 homes games and that was 1-0 against Man City.

Their overall home form has accumulated 23 points from 16 games scoring 21 goals and conceding 24. United away in the league this season the same, 23 points from 16 games, scored 22 goals and conceded 24.

A draw won't be a bold prediction.

Woziak

We do and we need to go for from first minute, we’ve played a lot of games recently so I’d like ETH to use his full squad and all 5 subs. Bournemouth have decent players and unlike us have won 4 from their last 6 PL games, United have taken 5 points from our last 18 , 1 Win 2 Draws and 3 defeats which is an awful run.

Let’s not kid ourselves this game is a must WIN. This would be my team with the instruction be first to every ball, get control of the midfield and lay siege to their penalty area.

A Onana
    AWB(RB)
    W Kambwala
    H Maguire
    D Dalot(LB)

K Mainoo
    C Eriksen (We need creativity)
    Bruno

Anthony
    Rashford
    Garnaucho

subs
    A Bayinder
    H Amass,
    S Amrabat
    Casemiro
    R Hojlund
    M Mount
    Amad
    E Wheatley (call him
    Up)
    H ogunneye

If tell Rasmus, Wheatley and Amad be ready as we will go 4222 or 424 as soon as we score a first goal. We need a dominant 1-3 1-4 performance

daveskimufc

Would like to see a few changes, but don't expect any.

The decision he makes will be Antony Vs rashford.

Antony has been ok the last 3 games.
    Rashford shite for months so I expect rashford to start

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    Bournemouth have only lost one of their last 6 homes games and that was 1-0 against Man City.

Their overall home form has accumulated 23 points from 16 games scoring 21 goals and conceding 24. United away in the league this season the same, 23 points from 16 games, scored 22 goals and conceded 24.

A draw won't be a bold prediction.
    They are favourites

izak

Supports
    Glory Glory Red Devils
    We'll get played off the park again mark my words

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player