Cameron Stewart loan to Yeovil

datura

Should be a good move for him, they also have Luke Freeman from Arsenal on loan and are renowned for being one of the better footballing sides.

With Ajose and Brady both stepping up to the reserves (and perhaps Morrison) there is sufficient cover in the wide areas so it makes sense. Good luck to him, hopefully he'll find a little more consistency and end product.

Glovers to grab Utd starlet
Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Manchester United | Glovers to grab Utd starlet

United starlet set for Huish Park as Calver signs

Last updated: 29th July 2010 Subscribe to RSS Feed

Yeovil are poised to sign Manchester United youngster Cameron Stewart, skysports.com understands.

The League One club have lined up a six-month loan deal with the highly-rated attacker after he impressed in Darren Way's benefit match against a Manchester United XI last weekend.

Stewart caught the eye of Glovers boss Terry Skiverton and he has moved quickly to bring him to Huish Park.

Manchester United are willing to loan out Stewart so that he can get valuable first-team action under his belt.

Meanwhile, Yeovil have signed former Ipswich striker Craig Calver after he impressed on trial.

Calver has featured in some of Yeovil's pre-season friendlies and has done enough to earn a one-year deal with the Glovers.

datura

Move confirmed:

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Manchester United | Glovers secure double swoop

Glovers secure double swoop
Stewart and Virgo join up with Skiverton's side

Yeovil Town have wrapped up a loan deal for Cameron Stewart and have also brought in Adam Virgo on a free transfer.

Skysports.com revealed on Thursday that the Glovers had lined up a six-month loan move for Manchester United youngster Stewart.

The 19-year-old, who can play on either wing or up front, impressed Yeovil boss Terry Skiverton when the two teams met in a friendly last week.

Stewart has now moved to Huish Park until January and is joined at the League One club by free agent Virgo.

The defender was released by Brighton & Hove Albion at the end of last season and has accepted a one-year contract with Yeovil.

The deals for Stewart and Virgo follow on from the capture on Thursday of former Ipswich and Southend striker Craig Calver.

032Devil

Cameron Stewart believes his loan spell at Yeovil Town is a stepping stone towards his dream of making the grade at parent club Manchester United.

Stewart aims for a starring role at United

Cameron Stewart believes his loan spell at Yeovil Town is a stepping stone towards his dream of making the grade at parent club Manchester United.

The attacker, who is in his first month of a six-month stay at Huish Park, admits he is one of many youngsters fighting for a starring role at Old Trafford.

However, the 19-year-old wants to give himself the best chance of becoming the next David Beckham by shining during his time away from the Red Devils.

Stewart said: "I have wanted to go on loan since the end of last season but I have had to wait for my time. When we played Yeovil in a friendly, my coaches said Yeovil were interested.

"When United said I could go, I wanted to and I was excited about playing first-team football. Everybody dreams of playing at Manchester United and at Old Trafford with it being the biggest club in the world. It is not going to happen for everyone but Yeovil is a stepping stone and playing here is the place for me.

"There are a lot of us that are hoping for a chance (at United) in the Carling Cup or even in a friendly. Hopefully, one day, the manager will give us a call and we can make him proud."

Stewart caught the eye of Glovers' boss Terry Skiverton during technical coach Darren Way's summer benefit match against a United XI.

Since moving south, the England youth international has made two appearances – from the substitutes' bench against Leyton Orient and a start at Bristol Rovers.

Stewart said he spoke to Yeovil midfielder Luke Ayling before signing, as well as former Glover loanees and Tottenham Hotspur youngsters Ryan Mason, Steven Caulker and Andros Townsend. The quartet convinced Stewart that Huish Park would be the ideal place for his personal development and Stewart said he was enjoying life at the club.

"I spoke to Luke Ayling before and he said Yeovil were a good club and played some good football," said Stewart.

"I also spoke to some of lads that came from Spurs before I came and they said it was a good stepping stone for them. I thought 'why not? I will come down myself'."

Stewart may have been champing at the bit to get loan experience, but Yeovil's performance in Way's benefit match certainly did not jeopardise their chances of landing the versatile forward.

Stewart said: "When we came to play Yeovil our manager (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer) said Yeovil were trying to play football and get the ball down.

"When I came down for training I could see they were playing the way I liked. Yeovil try to pass it, bring it down and keep possession."

Hartlepool director of sport Chris Turner has resigned from his position with immediate effect.

Turner returned to the League One club in the newly- created role in 2006 but assumed control of first-team duties following the departure of Danny Wilson in December 2008.

Pools narrowly avoided relegation last season following a three-point deduction by the Football League but have started the current campaign in decent fashion.

They recorded an impressive win over Sheffield United in the first round of the Carling Cup and have drawn both of their league games.

Mick Wadsworth has been placed in temporary charge for this weekend's game with Yeovil.