Champions League 21/22 | United in Pot 2

PoTMS

There'll be some tasty groups next season.

Pot 2 looks stronger than Pot 1. It contains PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Sevilla, Liverpool, PSG, Dortmund/Chelsea/United. Pot 1 in comparison will contain Zenit, Sporting and Lille. Then you have teams like Ajax, Atalanta, AC Milan, Leipzig, Porto who are in the lower pots who are just as dangerous.

Hopefully we don't get another group of death.

PoTMS

On the bright side, at least we're in Pot 2 next season. The chance of a group of death is much less likely. Only Bayern Munich in Pot 1 would annihilate us.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I do not think the groups are that much different than usual. Maybe, just a bit of a shift with Pot 1 and Pot 2 teams, which will probably equal it all out in the end. I mean, whilst Utd could draw:

Bayern, Utd, Ajax, Milan

They could also get:

St Petersburg, Utd, Salzburg and a poor 4th seed that gets their through qualifying.

Siorac

So, we should want City to win the CL so that there's one more good option in pot 1 for us.

That's a depressing thought so I'm not thinking about it any more.

PoTMS

So, we should want City to win the CL so that there's one more good option in pot 1 for us.

That's a depressing thought so I'm not thinking about it any more.
Alternatively if Chelsea win, we avoid Dortmund as a potential opponent.

Raw

Can we have a piss easy group please? Can't take another season in Europa League yet again.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Can we have a piss easy group please? Can't take another season in Europa League yet again.
Chances are the Pot 1 team will be reasonable. Pot 3 has some difficult teams but no one amazing, as for pot 4 if you avoid Milan or Wolfsburg it should be fine.

I mean a group like

Lille
Utd
Salzburg
Bruge

Is possible, that would be both easy and light on travel.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
So how does this work? I see that Liverpool are in the same pot as United despite coming third, and if Chelsea lose in the final how do they still get Pot 2 when they finished fourth? Do all English teams that qualify automatically get placed in Pot 2? And Juventus in Pot 2 while Atalanta get Pot 3 despite finishing above them?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
So how does this work? I see that Liverpool are in the same pot as United despite coming third, and if Chelsea lose in the final how do they still get Pot 2 when they finished fourth? Do all English teams that qualify automatically get placed in Pot 2? And Juventus in Pot 2 while Atalanta get Pot 3 despite finishing above them?
It all goes to do with co-efficients.

The points accrued over the last 5 years by teams dictates where they are seeded.

Theres also the teams that have to still go through the qualification stages, im hoping we get one of the Scottish teams should they qualify.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
It all goes to do with co-efficients.

The points accrued over the last 5 years by teams dictates where they are seeded.

Theres also the teams that have to still go through the qualification stages, im hoping we get one of the Scottish teams should they qualify.
Thanks, I genuinely never knew that it was dictated like that.

Nickelodeon

Need an easy one this time around. Enough is enough with all the feckin draws.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Imagine how strong the UEFA cup will be once I seize power, throw the likes of Perez and Agnelli into a vat of boiling acid, and kick all non-champions into the UEFA cup (it's been renamed under my new regime)

pascell

Chances are the Pot 1 team will be reasonable. Pot 3 has some difficult teams but no one amazing, as for pot 4 if you avoid Milan or Wolfsburg it should be fine.

I mean a group like

Lille
Utd
Salzburg
Bruge

Is possible, that would be both easy and light on travel.
No such thing as easy for us, especially when we needed 1 point from 2/3 games and still messed it up this season.

PoTMS

It could be as bad as Bayern, United, Ajax, AC Milan. On the flip side, it could also be Sporting, United, Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We’re due a slightly easier group. Had a couple of tough ones last couple years

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Surely with the way the pots are there is very little chance of a group of death for English teams. For example, if Utd or Liverpool get Bayern then we can't get Dortmund. Finishing top two should be straightforward enough. Obviously we can't draw Chelsea (if they are holders) or City.

Conversely, getting an easy group is very likely once you've missed Bayern. And somehow avoid Dortmund too.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Surely with the way the pots are there is very little chance of a group of death for English teams. For example, if Utd or Liverpool get Bayern then we can't get Dortmund. Finishing top two should be straightforward enough. Obviously we can't draw Chelsea (if they are holders) or City.

Conversely, getting an easy group is very likely once you've missed Bayern. And somehow avoid Dortmund too.
I would say the chances for Utd/Dippers are slim as there are a number of nice draws there - Lille, Sporting, Zenit (possibly), Villarreal (Utd should have beaten them on Wednesday.)

After that there is Bayern, Atleti and Inter. However, Inter may be a shadow of themselves next season depending on how their sale goes.

As for City or possibly Chelsea, they will have the following options:

Real, Barca, PSG, Juve, Sevilla and Dortmund (they go into Pot 3 if City win the CL), so they both run a much higher risk of a big team than those in Pot 2. I mean, if City win the CL, they could potentially have a group of:

City
Real
Dortmund
Milan

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Yep my thoughts too. Bayern will become a force again under Nagelsmann, no doubt about it.
Also I do not want Athletico Madrid, their style of play is something we are not able to cope with.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Pot 3 has more teams reaching the quarter finals of the CL in recent years than pot 1.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Need an easy one this time around. Enough is enough with all the feckin draws.
We seem to perform better as the underdog. So a difficult draw might not be the worst thing. We did cock it up last year though but only when we were the top dogs instead of the underdog.

Charlie Foley

Imagine how strong the UEFA cup will be once I seize power, throw the likes of Perez and Agnelli into a vat of boiling acid, and kick all non-champions into the UEFA cup (it's been renamed under my new regime)
:drool:

alsabi

So are we actually better off in not having got into Pot 1?

CM

Pot 2 definitely has better teams than Pot 1. Wouldn't fancy getting Bayern out of those but the rest don't look too bad