Chris Curran

rocks13

Read today that he's been released and is on trial at Ipswich.

Any word of other players who've been released?

jb8521

Gary woods and Kenny Strickland have been going on trials with other teams anyway

Bammy

Disappointed it with it happening because of the Northern Ireland connection,but he never really had impressed me in the U18's anyway. Hopefully goes on to have a good career elsewhere,and we see him in the NI squad before long.

PS18

Woods has already signed for Doncaster and Kenny Strickland is with Farsley Celtic until the end of the season. Jimmy Derbyshire and Antonio Bryan will be released too, Danny Galbraith as well I think.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Woods has already signed for Doncaster and Kenny Strickland is with Farsley Celtic until the end of the season. Jimmy Derbyshire and Antonio Bryan will be released too, Danny Galbraith as well I think.
Harsh on Galbraith surely? Really long injury, if I remember rightly he scored on his return and then he's gonna be fecked off after coming back for only (3? )months when we're generally short of wingers in the reserves anyway.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
What happened with Galbraith other than the injury? There was quite a buzz over him from what I remember.

Name Changed

weso26
Curran was never going to make it at United. I hope he manages to make a career for himself somewhere though.

PS18

Harsh on Galbraith surely? Really long injury, if I remember rightly he scored on his return and then he's gonna be fecked off after coming back for only (3? )months when we're generally short of wingers in the reserves anyway.
Did strike me as a bit harsh when I heard, but we don't know what the coaches know.

cj_sparky

I am quite surprised about Galbraith, I thought he was pretty decent a few years back when we played pool in the FA Youth Cup. I haven't seen much of him since then though.

PS18

If it's the same one I'm thinking about (Jamie Edge or something like that?) then I don't think he's on trial per se, just training with us for a few weeks.

lysglimt

Scout
I am quite surprised about Galbraith, I thought he was pretty decent a few years back when we played pool in the FA Youth Cup. I haven't seen much of him since then though.
Galbraith looked first class about 2 years ago - but after 18 months out with injury, he never really had a chance.

datura

Curran's gone to Forest Green:

Forest Green make airport signing
Forest Green Rovers

Forest Green have signed ex-Manchester United trainee Chris Curran after meeting his flight home from Northern Ireland Under-19s duty.

The 18-year-old was returning from a tournament in Malta and was signed at Birmingham airport and registered in time for the trip to Barrow.

"It was a new one on me," secretary Colin Peake told BBC Gloucestershire.

"We sent a director to take the lad off the plane and catch up with the team coach at Walsall on the M6."

Curran is a left-sided attacking player and is manager David Hockaday's fifth signing in less than 10 days since being appointed Rovers boss.

As well as the dramatic timing, Peake explained there had been a headache in completing Curran's registration.

"While he'd been released by Manchester United, some agent had decided that he'd like this lad to go for a trial at Motherwell in the Scottish Premier," he said.

"So they'd got him cleared by the English FA while he'd been in Malta to go to Scotland, but he never arrived.

"Fortunately the English FA have been very good - they put me in touch with the registration office in Scotland and we finished up getting the international clearance revoked, sent back to Wembley and then to the Conference."

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | F | Forest Green | Forest Green make airport signing

PS18

Just Anton Bryan still looking for a club of those released in the summer then.

Name Changed

weso26
I hope Curran can make a decent career for himself. He seemed like a decent player from what little I seen of him.