Chris Eagles Facing Up To Reality.

Drifter

American
Eagles: I Could Fly The United Coup

Manchester United fringe player Chris Eagles admits the end might be nigh for his Old Trafford career...

17 first-team games in five years might explain with Manchester United prospect Chris Eagles is starting to explore his options.

Futhermore, the last place you'd want to be a right-winger is Old Trafford, with Cristiano Ronaldo for company.

It comes as little surprise, then, to learn that Eagles has been talking with other clubs as he gets continually itchy in the Red Devils' reserves.

Several Championship are reportedly tracking the 22-year-old, who has been farmed out on loan by Sir Alex Ferguson four times. Burnley are said to be a likely destination should the midfielder choose to strike out on his own.

Eagles, on pre-season duty with United in South Africa, told MUTV: “I’d love to stay at Old Trafford and make my career as a United player, but I need to think about playing regularly.

“There have been talks with Premier League and Championship clubs, but nothing’s been decided.

“It’s difficult because I want to play every week, whether I leave United or stay at United. If I think I’m going to get a chance here then I’d love to stay. If not, maybe I have to look somewhere else.

“I’ll speak to the gaffer over the next week or so and see what happens. There are all sorts of options available.”

Jonathan Greening is a good example of a hot Old Trafford prospect who failed to make the breakthrough and left to flourish elsewhere. After first spending time with Middlesbrough, the attacking-midfielder left for West Brom, leading the Baggies back to the Premiership recently.

The Physio

He's 23. He's never looked good enough, even at Championship sides.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
No matter how much Keano likes signing ex Ireland, United and Celtic teammates, surely he would not consider Eagles to be good enough for Sunderland.
When you're fighting for your place with Carlos Edwards, Daryl Murphy, Andy Reid, Liam Miller and Kieran Richardson you are going to be more confident and able to express yourself than when it's Michael Carrick, Carlos Tevez, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani. I think he's got talent he just needs some confidence and some steroids.

Longlivekeano

Eagles is doing a "Ronnie Wallwork" who stuck around in the Reserves for about 6 years before finally moving on to another club. Ronnie Wallwork was about 23-24 before he finally moved on to WBA or something. Never saw the value of sticking about United till that age if you are not going to get a game. A least the likes of JOhn Curtis, Danny Higginbotham, Paul McShane, Clegg, Michael Stewart, made their trasnfer relatively early at about 19-20 so that they could get more games elsewhere

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Eagles is doing a "Ronnie Wallwork" who stuck around in the Reserves for about 6 years before finally moving on to another club. Ronnie Wallwork was about 23-24 before he finally moved on to WBA or something. Never saw the value of sticking about United till that age if you are not going to get a game. A least the likes of JOhn Curtis, Danny Higginbotham, Paul McShane, Clegg, Michael Stewart, made their trasnfer relatively early at about 19-20 so that they could get more games elsewhere
And Wallwork ended up at WBA whereas several of those players you mentioned are complete nobodies i.e. Stewart, Clegg and Curtis.

RedPhil1957

And Wallwork ended up at WBA whereas several of those players you mentioned are complete nobodies i.e. Stewart, Clegg and Curtis.

Exactly right, it amazes me that those who shout about player loyalty moan about those who are loath to give up their dream of playing for us.

ronnie dazzler

Exactly right, it amazes me that those who shout about player loyalty moan about those who are loath to give up their dream of playing for us.
true, but it emphasises why Eagles is not good enough for United. Pique, Rossi left because they were close, realised they were good, needed to play first team football. But Eagles is drifting along, with that lack of ambition to be great

It was obvious 2 years ago that eagles wouldn't make it at United, although he has a good future ahead of hime. he may even be PL class. Don't know why he hasn't moved on.

RedPhil1957

true, but it emphasises why Eagles is not good enough for United. Pique, Rossi left because they were close, realised they were good, needed to play first team football. But Eagles is drifting along, with that lack of ambition to be great

It was obvious 2 years ago that eagles wouldn't make it at United, although he has a good future ahead of hime. he may even be PL class. Don't know why he hasn't moved on.

Because he loves United. Would you easily give up the chance of playing for United if you had the chance? Huge crowds even for friendly matches, training and occasionally playing alongside some of the worlds best players they would have to drag me out of the club in his position.

Alex

i like him .. hope he goes to a good club ..
I agree, never good enough to be on United but imo Premier League quality, also his 4th against Everton Clinched the title, it was la fin after that

Kelvin

Chris Eagles is turning his back on Manchester United and moving to Burnley in a £1.25m deal.

Despite scoring against Portsmouth and Kaiser Chiefs on United's tour of Africa, 22-year-old Eagles has come to the conclusion that he will have to leave Old Trafford to play regular first-team football.

He had already held discussions with Burnley boss Owen Coyle before leaving on the tour, and will now sign a three-year deal at Turf Moor.

Eagles is not worried about dropping down to the Championship, having already had impressive spells on loan at Watford and Sheffield Wednesday.

Burnley have also taken Latvian left winger Aleksandrs Solovjovs on trial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...st-search-team-football-Burnley.html?ITO=1490

Drifter

American
Looks like a done deal.But i would have thought a Pl side would have come in for him.

RedPhil1957

Looks like a done deal.But i would have thought a Pl side would have come in for him.

He needs a season playing regularly and he will be better at Burnley, who do try and play good football, than at somewhere like Hull who imo are going to really struggle this season. If he does well there is always the chance of moving to a higher level in a couple of seasons.