Cofie

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
He's not even that impressive, but hey :rolleyes:
i agree based on last season, but this preseason and in the game at the weekend, he has been very impressive indeed - looks far more composed and and confident in front of goal, stronger too.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think he impressed in the milk cup before last season but last season it just didn't happen for him. This season he's showing the player he looked in the milk cup and I think that's a real bonus for us because he's off the radar somewhat

He's an interesting young player, has started the season on fire really and is well built. It's pleasing to see because on his day, he ticks a lot of boxes. Hopefully he'll be able to maintain it and build on it.

datura

The early signs this season are encouraging as I wasn't particularly impressed by him last season. He seemed to have all the attributes - pace, height, strength and skill, but rarely threatened.

His form picked up towards the end of last season and he's carried it into this one from all indications. He seems more positive in his play and is carrying a real goal threat.

lysglimt

Scout
I think he impressed in the milk cup before last season but last season it just didn't happen for him. This season he's showing the player he looked in the milk cup and I think that's a real bonus for us because he's off the radar somewhat

He's an interesting young player, has started the season on fire really and is well built. It's pleasing to see because on his day, he ticks a lot of boxes. Hopefully he'll be able to maintain it and build on it.
Actually things started to improve near the end of last season when he scored 2 and had 4 assists in the last 6 or 7 matches in the league.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
When I was in Cardiff a coupe weeks back t cover a boxing event there was a group of guys on a stag weekend staying in my hotel. Got to talking to them turns out one of them was Cofie's teacher whilst he was in school.

Striker10

Actually things started to improve near the end of last season when he scored 2 and had 4 assists in the last 6 or 7 matches in the league.
good in terms of assists but goals? return was pretty poor. He looked much better in the milk cup prior to last season. I think this season he's nearly got 10 goals so going into the academy/reserves you fancy he'll get into double figure. hopefully anyway

lysglimt

Scout
I'd think it's unlikely because there are so many players ahead of him in the queue - even Will Keane seems to be higher up the pecking order at the moment.
Spot on - Macheda hasn't played a minute I think - Owen has hardly played - Hernandez hasn't played too much. He needs to get these players into match fitness. So Cofie should have no chance. King and Macheda both impressed for the reserves before being given the chance - Cofie has hardly played for the reserves yet

If I were to make a guess about our team against Scunthorpe it would be something like this:

Pig - Fabio, Smalling, Brown, Neville - Obertan, Gibson, Eikrem, Park - Owen and Macheda

a few youngsters and a few experienced players on the bench

Striker10

I don't think he's got much chance either however, does he deserve too? Probably. He's a young player but he's finding his feet and hopefully that continues. He ticks so many boxes - he just needs to build on what he's doing over a longer strech of time

Yesterday he was brilliant without scoring. Very unlucky but a powerful lad.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Spot on - Macheda hasn't played a minute I think - Owen has hardly played - Hernandez hasn't played too much. He needs to get these players into match fitness. So Cofie should have no chance. King and Macheda both impressed for the reserves before being given the chance - Cofie has hardly played for the reserves yet

If I were to make a guess about our team against Scunthorpe it would be something like this:

Pig - Fabio, Smalling, Brown, Neville - Obertan, Gibson, Eikrem, Park - Owen and Macheda

a few youngsters and a few experienced players on the bench
I think your line-up is more or less right except I am not sure Eikrem will be starting when Anderson is in desperate need of a 1st team game and I think if Rafael is fit he is sure to feature..

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
I think your line-up is more or less right except I am not sure Eikrem will be starting when Anderson is in desperate need of a 1st team game and I think if Rafael is fit he is sure to feature..
I agree with this - I would be shocked if Anderson did not start this game.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Also Bebe.. Forgot to mention him.. Although he may be on the bench from the start..
with Bebe i think it is too soon for him - i can see United being very cautious with him, and I think it is too soon after just one Reserve game. Whether he plays for the reserves tonight could be a good indication for him with regards to Wednesday (same goes for all players)

I'm thinking:

-----------Amos

Rafael--Smalling-Rio-Fabio

Obertan-Gibson-Anderson-Park

------Macheda--Hernandez

Could always go 433 in midfield/up front:

Eikrem-Gibson-Anderson

Obertan-Chico-Kiko

Not sure about the balance of that midfield though.

jb8521

Cofies record this season is very impressive. Reserves 1 start 3 sub appearances 2 goals Academy (including milk cup) 10 starts 11 goals and academy friendly 1 start 1 goal